Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guitar Hero: Metallica

+3
Joshua
Metal Misfit
LordD3r3k
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:33 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The game was released this morning, and by the afternoon my friend and I were already rocking out! laugh.gif

So far, this game gets an A+. Truly the best GH game to be released thus far. Right from the opening sequence when you start career mode, it leads off with the band making their way to the stage with "Ecstasy of Gold" playing just like at their real concerts.. My friend and I just looked at each other and at the same time said "this is f&^#ing awesome". And it only got better from there.

Songs have a special feature containing "Metallifacts", where you watch the game rendition of the song being played with random facts appearing at the bottom of the screen.. like Pop-up Video

Some songs also have special feature videos that are usually clips of the band playing the song from a live concert.

What also gave me a good chuckle when I thought about it.. previous GH games start off with easier songs that eventually get more difficult as you move through the setlists. Well, it's freakin' Metallica... THERE ARE NO EASY SONGS! Seriously, I played Master of Puppets on Hard and I needed an ice pack for my hand afterwards laugh.gif

Absolutely great stuff. If you're a fan of the game, the band, or both, I highly recommend it.

2Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Can't wait to get this one! I probably won't be able to afford it this paycheck though because rent eats up most of it. Sad It shall me mine in 2 weeks though! headbang

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

3Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't believe they bothered to put Fuel in the game. What utter fail.

4Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:01 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I can't believe they bothered to put Fuel in the game. What utter fail.

Meh.. I dig that song. Good while driving Wink

5Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:02 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:Can't wait to get this one! I probably won't be able to afford it this paycheck though because rent eats up most of it. Sad It shall me mine in 2 weeks though! headbang

My buddy was good enough to pre-order for me as a holiday gift. I'm guessing it should arrive any day now.. unsure

6Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

"Fuel" is awesome. Load & Reload are okay, but if you took the best from each, you'd have one great album.

But if you wanna talk about great Metallica songs to drive to...

headbang

I wish that song made the game.

7Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:"Fuel" is awesome. Load & Reload are okay, but if you took the best from each, you'd have one great album.

I actually love Load. There are a ton of great songs on there. Reload.. not so much. Though it does have it gems, like Low Man's Lyric. LOVE that song

8Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:59 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Okay, I bought it. NOT with my paycheck, but I put it on a credit card because I don't wanna wait 2 weeks.

It's Metallica, it's Guitar Hero, of course it's awesome. headbang I played about 2 hours worth and STILL have so many songs I've yet to play. I'm drooling the chance to play some of these songs.

9Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Anyone ever try to play online? Does it search for local players only? It can never find anyone for me to jam with. Sad

10Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Sat May 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Seriously, I played Master of Puppets on Hard and I needed an ice pack for my hand afterwards laugh.gif

Laughing

http://www.tamarasanime.com

11Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon May 11, 2009 8:53 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I haven't gotten any of these Guitar Hero games cause I just didn't want to get sucked into them, but they look cool and I hear rumors about a possible Beatles version which is very cool.

12Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon May 11, 2009 10:29 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Beatles will be getting their own Rock Band game.

Guitar Hero just announced Guitar Hero: Van Halen. No brainer!

13Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon May 11, 2009 11:45 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That will be awesome. Hot for Teacher will be an awesome song to do.

14Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Mon May 18, 2009 11:36 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Beat the game on Expert!! Woo!

15Guitar Hero: Metallica Empty Re: Guitar Hero: Metallica Tue May 19, 2009 12:50 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

jaydee74 wrote:That will be awesome. Hot for Teacher will be an awesome song to do.

Hot For Teacher is already on GH: World Tour, and it's a bitch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum