Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line

+18
Joshua
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Debaser77
Aussiemandias
Mnemosis
gangsternerd
shiky800
blue halo
comicgeekelly
Ric Magnum
LordD3r3k
KingJoffers
jaydee74
Bigtymin504
Jango Fett
prescribeddrone
Administrator
vikoros
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:20 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line 64ceb0ac356c5ac3f767b1b7d6171315

From this article:
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.11322.the_astonishing_line_expands

Not gonna lie... I'm not that excited about this. I loved Astonishing X-Men, but I just don't see how this fits continuity... even if they claim it does.

"...set firmly in the Marvel Universe and providing the perfect starting point for all readers, new or old, these books will tell the most epic stories of heroic action set against the back drop of the real world."

I don't know. Could be great. I guess my main question is:

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH WHITE QUEEN'S BACK/BODY!?!?!?!

2Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Nothing here makes sense... Although some good creators are attached to these books. Except for Kaare Andrews; he's good on covers but not really on interior art.

The recent Avengers news seemed like a good step forward for Marvel (IMO), but then they announce this and it's two steps back. I don't want to dance anymore!

vikoros wrote:

I don't know. Could be great. I guess my main question is:

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH WHITE QUEEN'S BACK/BODY!?!?!?!
Maybe she's being retconned as a trailer white trash girl?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:51 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have little to no interest in 'Astonishing' so meh.

4Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:44 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

That art is appalling. Emma is not half the height of Cyclops, and Emma's and Storm's hips are wider than their shoulders! That's verging on Liefeld bad! Looks like I'm dropping this after the current arc. It hasn't really been good since Weadon and Cassady left the book anyways.

5Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Other than Emma looking like a blonde Snookie from Jersey Shore, I really like that art. Plus Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine by Jason Aaron and Adam Kubert? SOLD.

6Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So this new Astonishing line has Wolverine in both titles. I understand the X-Men series but why a Spider-Man/Wolverine title? Couldn't you have an Astonishing Spider-Man title without Wolverine in it? Pass.

7Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:So this new Astonishing line has Wolverine in both titles. I understand the X-Men series but why a Spider-Man/Wolverine title? Couldn't you have an Astonishing Spider-Man title without Wolverine in it? Pass.

What's so wrong with finally having a Spidey/Wolvie team-up book? And its just a 6-issue mini.

8Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:13 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I will get the Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine by Jason Aaron and Adam Kubert though, hard to pass that up.

9Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:18 pm

KingJoffers

KingJoffers
Cadet
Cadet

Im all for the Astonishing Spidey/Wolvie book but I do have reservations with Kubert as the artist just cause I know that this book is gonna take a lot longer than 6 months for us to get the six issues.

10Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:So this new Astonishing line has Wolverine in both titles. I understand the X-Men series but why a Spider-Man/Wolverine title? Couldn't you have an Astonishing Spider-Man title without Wolverine in it? Pass.

What's so wrong with finally having a Spidey/Wolvie team-up book? And its just a 6-issue mini.

I just feel like I've seen it before. Mostly in the Ultimate line mind you but it's been done in McFarlane's Spider-Man book and I seem to remember another time when they teamed up for one reason or another. II suppose it would have been more interesting to me with a different team-up whether it be Spider-Man and someone else or Wolverine and someone else. I just feel like been there, done that although it makes sense considering they are probably the two most popular Marvel characters.

11Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I just feel like I've seen it before. Mostly in the Ultimate line mind you but it's been done in McFarlane's Spider-Man book and I seem to remember another time when they teamed up for one reason or another. II suppose it would have been more interesting to me with a different team-up whether it be Spider-Man and someone else or Wolverine and someone else. I just feel like been there, done that although it makes sense considering they are probably the two most popular Marvel characters.

I can't remember a Spidey/Wolverine team up book for awhile now, I think it should be good.

12Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess I just dislike Wolverine and won't pick up a book with him in it anymore. He's just a character that no longer interests me. I'm sure this line overall will do well with Marvel though. On another note, is that what Storm looks like now? All I can say is that she's looked better.

13Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Not that I know. I guess it's a new design for the new volume.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

14Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:10 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote: On another note, is that what Storm looks like now? All I can say is that she's looked better.

Seriously. She's the queen of Wakanda, you'd think she could afford a whole shirt scratch

15Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:15 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I do like this style of art (emphasis on "style"), but like you guys said Storm doesn't look like herself. It feels like a new attempt at an Ultimate Universe... Astonishing Marvel Universe.

And I still can't get over White Queen. There's definitely something wonky (yes, that's a technical term) about her anatomy. It's like she doesn't have a stomach/mid-section. Just a bubble butt and boobs. Maybe it's the paper-thin arms that make it look so odd. I don't mind the paper-thin arms on Storm, I think that's a cool look for her... doesn't look current or in continuity, but cool nontheless. WQ, I just... it's... no idea.

Also... is Storm wearing a second shirt? Like a sport bra or something? Or is that supposed to be a tan line... from the half-shirt she wore last week as opposed to her quarter shirt for this week?

16Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

Sounds like "Ultimate-lite" to me. hmm

17Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote: On another note, is that what Storm looks like now? All I can say is that she's looked better.

Seriously. She's the queen of Wakanda, you'd think she could afford a whole shirt scratch
That's what I thought as well. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Scott's uniform.

18Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:56 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not going to be buying these. Sounds like a stupid concept to me.

19Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It doesn't sound stupid but not all that interesting to me.

20Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:36 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Okay, so let me get this straight. Instead of just having the current Astonishing X-Men in this new Astonishing imprint, they're restarting it from #1? If that's so, that makes for one more Marvel title dropped from my list. The last two arcs haven't even been that, erm, astonishing anyways.

21Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:That's what I thought as well. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Scott's uniform.

It looks like she should be on a Maxim cover. It's ridiculous. And let's be honest, the uniforms are just lazy. Solid black, no definition.. yeah, a real creative genius at work Rolling Eyes "Uh oh, the X-Men are wearing black again, what are they mad about this time?"

22Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:That's what I thought as well. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Scott's uniform.

It looks like she should be on a Maxim cover. It's ridiculous. And let's be honest, the uniforms are just lazy. Solid black, no definition.. yeah, a real creative genius at work Rolling Eyes "Uh oh, the X-Men are wearing black again, what are they mad about this time?"
lmao

23Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:58 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i am dropping the book after the current story

24Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:17 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Once this run of the title is done, I'm done. If only to have the complete series.

25Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Empty Re: Marvel's New "Astonishing" Line Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:35 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

[quote="Bigtymin504"]
jaydee74 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Been a wolverine fan so this appeal's to me
People are fucking babies sometimes about him, if he's around you to much dont buy the shit.
Its a mini
and Wolverine and Spider man are the shit
And when they team up they are the double shit.lol!
I seriously think they are one of the best team up's next to Super man and Batman
I can't remember a Spidey/Wolverine team up book for awhile now, I think it should be good.NAY It will BE GOOD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum