Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bravo Microsoft, bravo

+4
Winter Decay
elijahdprophet
Heytherejeffro
Chief Kamachi
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Bravo Microsoft, bravo Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:29 am

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

shake my head Was playing Borderlands for about 20 minutes. All of a sudden, the game freezes, and the 360 starts making noises like an engine stalling. I take the game out, and there's a perfect 360 degree circle (see what I did there?) on the bottom. Now the damn thing won't work anymore. I consulted Microsoft's fault policy, and they only replace games published by, you guessed it, Microsoft. This is the second time this has happened, the first time being with NBA2k9. So basically, i'm butt-fucked out of $60, not to mention an excellent game. Playstation 3's starting to look really tempting... Mad

2Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Re: Bravo Microsoft, bravo Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:59 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you buy games at Toys R Us, they sell a cheap protection policy (like $3/game) to protect against things like that. I used to suggest it and tell people that, come 1 year down the road, you can cash in the policy and get a $60 check coming your way (if you don't still play the game, that is)

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

3Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Re: Bravo Microsoft, bravo Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:14 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

If you have a Game Crazy in your area they have a machine that grinds/buffs game disks and will take care of a lot of scratches, might help.

4Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Re: Bravo Microsoft, bravo Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

^Thanks. I'll look into that game crazy.

5Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Re: Bravo Microsoft, bravo Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Just called and explained the situation to 2k Games support, and apparently they replace damaged disc for free. Props to 2k Games. They're a good company, and i'll continue to buy their products.

Microsoft on the other hand, needs a kick in the ass. You can't be kind of responsible for a technical problem. Either you are, or you aren't. It's clear that their disc drive(among other things) is jacked up, yet they only accept partial responsibility by replacing games published in house. How people let them get away with this is beyond me.

6Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Re: Bravo Microsoft, bravo Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:31 am

Winter Decay

Winter Decay
Cadet
Cadet

This is why I feel no guilt is having a modded 360 that plays game backups. If you do what is "correct" and proper, you are screwed out of your money because companies will not stand behind their equipment.

Sad but true, it can happen to you.

7Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Re: Bravo Microsoft, bravo Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:34 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i might get that red ring again...which will suck...so i need to just "hook" mines up

8Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Re: Bravo Microsoft, bravo Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

colossus1979 wrote:i might get that red ring again...which will suck...so i need to just "hook" mines up

Why don't you spend $20 and buy an intercooler for your 360? I bought one two years ago and have never gotten the RRD.

9Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Re: Bravo Microsoft, bravo Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:26 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Or do what I do and wait til you can guy the game for $20.

10Bravo Microsoft, bravo Empty Re: Bravo Microsoft, bravo Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:36 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bill Gates is Sauron. that is all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum