Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am a New Avenger

+18
Metal Misfit
LordD3r3k
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
TheJest
Foreigner_Man
Fresh03
shining knight
LOOSECANNON
jaydee74
KingJoffers
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
The Ignored One
Jango Fett
prescribeddrone
Mnemosis
Administrator
Bigtymin504
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

26I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:
Was it ever actually confirmed that Spidey would be a member of the team of Avengers in the Avengers (the book)? I know he was on a cover for the book, but that doesn't mean he's on the team.

Yeah it was, it's him, Wolverine, Ironman, Thor, and Bucky Cap as the permanent members with a revolving door on the rest of the members for said mission.

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/12238

But that doesn't say definitively that that is the team. It just seems like speculation based off of the cover. Both Spider-Woman and Hawkeye were seen in teasers, but they aren't on the cover. I have a hard time believing that they'd release teasers for them if they were not on the team for all missions. It'd seem smarter to put out teasers with Wolvie and Spidey, who are uber popular.

To me, it seems like in Avengers #1 the teams will be created. We'll see Spidey and Wolverine there, but they'll end up on Luke's New Avengers.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

27I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:To me, it seems like in Avengers #1 the teams will be created. We'll see Spidey and Wolverine there, but they'll end up on Luke's New Avengers.

Yeah that's a good theory. I don't recall seeing an official confirmation that Spidey and Wolvie would be on the main team (could be wrong though).

Man, I was looking forward to seeing them on the legit main team with Thor and Iron Man though...

28I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Just went and read the article I thought I got the confirmed team from over on CBR, Bendis confirmed five members of the Avengers team:

Bucky Cap, Ironman, Thor, Spider-Woman, and Hawkeye.

You're though B25JM, he never said who was going where, only that Avengers #1 will explain the who's, what's, and how's.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24925

29I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/avengers-prime-siege-aftermath-100302.html

Guess that answers most of the questions raised today.

There will be four Avengers books, well technically five, launching in May:

Avengers: Prime (5 issue limited series)
Avengers
Secret Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers Academy

The core Avengers members are Steve Rogers, Ironman, and Thor.

Where everyone else we've seen in the I am an Avenger teasers is up in the air, outside of Spidey and Luke obviously, whether New, Secret, Academy, or Avengers proper.

30I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:http://www.newsarama.com/comics/avengers-prime-siege-aftermath-100302.html

Avengers
Secret Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers Academy

Where everyone else we've seen in the I am an Avenger teasers is up in the air, outside of Spidey and Luke obviously, whether New, Secret, Academy, or Avengers proper.
Avengers and Secret Avengers are starting in May. The rest must be starting later than that.

31I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:56 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:There will be four Avengers books, well technically five, launching in May:

Avengers
Secret Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers Academy

Interesting. I'm guessing Avengers Academy is pretty much the same as the Initiative. Hope it's being written by Dan Slott. And the whole idea of canceling then relaunching NA immediately is a bit pointless/strange. I'm guessing that NA will have characters like Jessica Jones and Wolverine. And the Sentry will most likely be on one of those teams...if he survives Siege. I'll most likely check this out, but I'm not pumped for it..not yet anyway. Good to hear that Immonen will be continuing his excellent Avengers art!

32I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Interesting. I'm guessing Avengers Academy is pretty much the same as the Initiative. Hope it's being written by Dan Slott. And the whole idea of canceling then relaunching NA immediately is a bit pointless/strange. I'm guessing that NA will have characters like Jessica Jones and Wolverine. And the Sentry will most likely be on one of those teams...if he survives Siege. I'll most likely check this out, but I'm not pumped for it..not yet anyway. Good to hear that Immonen will be continuing his excellent Avengers art!

I really hope Slott is writing Avengers Academy too, and hopefully Pym is the lead of it like with Mighty Avengers. Slott's done the best take I've ever read on Hank Pym. I could see Pym doing what he was doing in the beginning of Avengers Initiative (except this time he's not a Skrull lol) training and mentoring the next generation of heroes. But still being the Scientist Supreme! Wink

The idea for New Avengers still makes some sense to me because guys like Luke Cage, Spidey, Logan have never been considered "classic" Avengers. They'll always represent a kind of "new" Avenger I guess. But I do hope the New Avengers book actually features a few new Avengers lol.

33I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:23 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
I really hope Slott is writing Avengers Academy too, and hopefully Pym is the lead of it like with Mighty Avengers. Slott's done the best take I've ever read on Hank Pym. I could see Pym doing what he was doing in the beginning of Avengers Initiative (except this time he's not a Skrull lol) training and mentoring the next generation of heroes. But still being the Scientist Supreme! Wink

The idea for New Avengers still makes some sense to me because guys like Luke Cage, Spidey, Logan have never been considered "classic" Avengers. They'll always represent a kind of "new" Avenger I guess. But I do hope the New Avengers book actually features a few new Avengers lol.
I haven't gotten to Slott's Mighty Avengers yet, still working on Bendis'. Good to hear that Slott can write a good Hank.. dude gets such a bad rap. Granted he deserves it after beating his wife, but I'm getting sick of hearing how everyone hates Pym 'cause he beat Janet in a comic that was around 10-20 years ago(?).

Yeah I can see what you said about NA, but I really think Spidey should be on the regular Avengers team. I dunno, it just seems like he'd really fit.

And is it just me or does it seem like Stark Tower (or the Avenger's Mansion) is going to become a bit like Xavier's Mansion? I mean, presuming the Academy, the secret, the New, and the Prime are all together, doesn't it kinda make the Avengers the New X-Men?

And what new characters do you guys think should be in the New Avengers?

34I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:52 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:I haven't gotten to Slott's Mighty Avengers yet, still working on Bendis'. Good to hear that Slott can write a good Hank.. dude gets such a bad rap. Granted he deserves it after beating his wife, but I'm getting sick of hearing how everyone hates Pym 'cause he beat Janet in a comic that was around 10-20 years ago(?).

Yeah I can see what you said about NA, but I really think Spidey should be on the regular Avengers team. I dunno, it just seems like he'd really fit.

And is it just me or does it seem like Stark Tower (or the Avenger's Mansion) is going to become a bit like Xavier's Mansion? I mean, presuming the Academy, the secret, the New, and the Prime are all together, doesn't it kinda make the Avengers the New X-Men?

And what new characters do you guys think should be in the New Avengers?
Yeah I think Pym paid his dues, its not like he didn't hate himself for what he did and try his best to atone for it. Right now I think the character is getting the best characterization he's gotten in awhile.

And as far as a "Mansion" goes, you'll see what Slott cooked up in Mighty Avengers, its pretty damn cool. But I'm sure the different teams will have different "headquarters" so to speak.

I actually wanted to see Spidey on the main team with Avengers legends like Iron Man and Thor too, I think he's earned his spot. But I do understand him being on New Avengers. As far as brand new Avengers go...Songbird, Misty Knight, Moon Knight (he could be in Secret Avengers) come to mind.

35I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:10 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If the New Avengers are indeed the street team that I think they are going to be, I'd LOVE it if Daredevil was a member. I know it'll never happen because Marvel likes to keep him in his own little corner of the universe, but I think it'd work. I know that him leading the Hand right now may not make it easy for him to be a member, but if he was I'd be ecstatic.

I also think that Moon Knight and Iron First would make nice additions to the team.

My New Avengers team would be:

Luke Cage
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Daredevil
Iron Fist
Mockingbird
Moon Knight
Jessica Jones

I'd like Ronin/Hawkeye to be on the team as well, but he's going to be on the other team. I'd also like Spider-Woman on this team, but again, she's on the other one.

36I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:31 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Avengers Academy will be by Christos Gage and Mike McKone.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

37I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 am

TheJest

TheJest
Cadet
Cadet

Tomer Soiker wrote:Avengers Academy will be by Christos Gage and Mike McKone.

This I'm loooking forward too. Should be interesting to see how this works post-Stark and post-Osborn.

38I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:42 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:http://www.newsarama.com/comics/avengers-prime-siege-aftermath-100302.html

Avengers
Secret Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers Academy

So the Avengers franchise is going the way of the X-franchise. Ok. I guess everyone in the Marvel universe will have a chance at being an Avenger now since you got so many titles going on. I wonder how each book is going to be unique when compared to the other one. How is Secret Avengers going to be different than the New Avengers and can't they think up a better name than New Avengers?

39I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Still no Dan Slott book announced, dawgawn it, he writes the best damned Hank Pym ever, cocky, capable, yet still a little unstable and twisted, Mighty has honestly been my favorite Avengers book for quite a while now.

Avengers and Secret Avengers are starting in May. The rest must be starting later than that.

Nope, that interview said they're all starting in May, we just haven't seen any teasers for Academy as of yet.

And as far as a "Mansion" goes, you'll see what Slott cooked up in Mighty Avengers, its pretty damn cool. But I'm sure the different teams will have different "headquarters" so to speak.

Yeah Slott certainly set it up for there to be room for EVERYONE if they choose to use his headquarters, that's assuming Ultron doesn't destroy the whole darned place.

Spoilers for Prime:

Spoiler:

40I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I am a New Avenger - Page 2 I_am_a_new_avenger_wolverine_02

Well, I think we all saw that one coming.

41I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

BLAARGH!

42I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Avengers Academy will be by Christos Gage and Mike McKone.
I'd heard that leaked news awhile ago but if I'm not mistaken, it was never actually confirmed by Marvel. I wonder if plans changed since then.

Fresh03 wrote:Nope, that interview said they're all starting in May, we just haven't seen any teasers for Academy as of yet.
I didn't see that in the interview, Fresh. Aussie is right, Avengers and Secret Avengers are set for May and New Avengers is set for June...it's written on the teasers themselves. But yeah we haven't heard about Avengers Academy yet.

43I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, I just noticed that "June" at the bottom a few minutes ago, see what lack of sleep does to your ability pay attention to details.

I'm guessing Academy will be in June as well since we haven't even gotten a teaser image.

Am I the only one that's hoping Taskmaster would stick around on that book?

44I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:I am a New Avenger - Page 2 I_am_a_new_avenger_wolverine_02

Well, I think we all saw that one coming.

Yeah after Spidey yesterday I was pretty sure Logan would be the one today. But now it starts to get interesting cuz I'm not really sure who will be next. Bendis said there will be surprises but I wonder if they'll reveal those in the teasers or save them for later. We'll see I guess...

45I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Yeah, I just noticed that "June" at the bottom a few minutes ago, see what lack of sleep does to your ability pay attention to details.

I'm guessing Academy will be in June as well since we haven't even gotten a teaser image.

Am I the only one that's hoping Taskmaster would stick around on that book?
Yeah I've loved what Christos Gage has done with Tasky, it'll be interesting to see if the good guys continue to use his services. He's happy to train as long as he gets paid so I think it all depends on Steve Rogers lol.

46I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

At least we don't have to readd New Avengers to our lists, right? Laughing

47I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:

Avengers
Secret Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers Academy

So the Avengers franchise is going the way of the X-franchise. Ok. I guess everyone in the Marvel universe will have a chance at being an Avenger now since you got so many titles going on. I wonder how each book is going to be unique when compared to the other one. How is Secret Avengers going to be different than the New Avengers and can't they think up a better name than New Avengers?

I don't really get all the guff Marvel is getting for the Avengers books. There are four Avengers books right now, it's not like they are going from 1 book to 4. There are going to be just as many ongoings as there are now. Yes, there will be a mini, but that's only going to last for 5 issues. I mean, is it a surprise that Marvel would want to have just as many books? What sense does it make to cancel some of their best selling books only to replace them with less titles? Marvel does want to make money.

I just don't get why Marvel gets crap for having multiple titles in the same franchise, or for having a character appear in multiple books, yet DC doesn't get the same crap. There are 3 Batman books (4 if you count Detective when it stars Bats, and 6 if you count Batgirl and Red Robin which are in the Bat-Family, and now 7 with Birds of Prey starting up), and he appears in JLA, yet that doesn't seem to mind to people. Also, DC is starting up another book in the Green Lantern franchise, but that doesn't get the crap either. I just don't understand.

Mnemosis wrote:BLAARGH!

Why does this get a BLAARGH? This shouldn't be a surprise. I mean, we already knew that Wolvie would be in an Avengers book, he's on the cover to Avengers #1. I figured he'd be a member of the New Avengers and not the team in Avengers proper.

48I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:54 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not giving it grief. I expected that the Avengers franchise would have more than one title, I just didn't think it would be this many. I'd love to get them but I just can't get them all and I guess I am a bit disappointed about that.

49I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Didn't really mean to single you out. I've been seeing it get grief on other sites. Your comment just seemed slightly negative so I quoted it.

50I am a New Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Didn't really mean to single you out. I've been seeing it get grief on other sites. Your comment just seemed slightly negative so I quoted it.
No worries. It was more comments than anything else. The Avengers should have this kind of franchise going on. It should be Marvel's best team. I'll have to see who will be on the teams and see what I want to get. I might do two titles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum