Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain America: The First Avenger

+31
Little_Goblyn
Indiana Solo
Denim
prescribeddrone
azrael07
LordD3r3k
Hannibal king
potatojoe
Aussiemandias
kreepfan
Parallax_48
rwe1138
Joshua
G_Zatara
Airwolf
supervenom
riv1
Sandman
Foreigner_Man
TENIME_art
Janson
comicgeekelly
BlueMaxx
Astro13Zombie
colossus1979
Batman25JM
Administrator
jaydee74
Silent K
Paroxysm
Bigtymin504
35 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(Unfortunately the original Cap movie thread was accidentally deleted (R.I.P.) but Tomer was kind enough to let me make the new one again. Below are film details courtesy of my buddy Foreigner Man.)

Captain America: The First Avenger 14vh1so
After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America, a superhero dedicated to defending America's ideals.

Starring:

Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Hugo Weaving (Johann Schmidt/Red Skull), Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark), Tommy Lee Jones (General Chester Phillips), Neal McDonough (Dum Dum Dugan), Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter), Sebastian Stan (James "Bucky" Barnes), Toby Jones (Arnim Zola), Stanley Tucci (Dr. Abraham Erskine), and others. Directed by Joe Johnston. Screenplay by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (The Chronicles of Narnia), with reported re-write by Joss Whedon.

Official logo:
Captain America: The First Avenger Caplogo2

Concept designs for Cap's costume have been released and can be found here: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18723

Filming is reported to be in London. The Invaders are rumored to be in the film. Also, Johnston has said that Cap will be starting off in the USO circuit before becoming part of the war.

Scheduled release date: July 22, 2011.

Smile

2Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Tomer Soiker was kind enough to start a Captain America thread after deleting the other one by accident and that somehow isn't good enough for you so you PM him and asking him if you can start another one? My question is why? It's just a thread, who cares who started it.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

3Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:Tomer Soiker was kind enough to start a Captain America thread after deleting the other one by accident and that somehow isn't good enough for you so you PM him and asking him if you can start another one? My question is why? It's just a thread, who cares who started it.

Well I wanted it to be titled the same way it was and stuff. Tomer was cool about it. What's the big deal?

4Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I just think it's rather childish that's all.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

5Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Let's not do this, okay?

6Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alright, that's your opinion.

7Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain America: The First Avenger Secret-warriors-20100602034652049
That is the most awesome signature I've seen in quite some time. Beautiful. As for the movie, looking at the cast, I am so jazzed for this.

8Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah man, I love me some Jimmy Cheung art. yes

9Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:^Yeah man, I love me some Jimmy Cheung art. yes
Ah. I was trying to figure it out who drew it. Great stuff. I am looking forward to this movie. Big time.

10Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:09 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

11Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For the third time:

I'm getting so excited for this. All the casting announcements are great. With all the amazing choices they've made it's making me less upset about Chris Evans being cast as Cap. I'm beginning to believe they saw something in him that I have yet to see.

12Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:For the third time:

I'm getting so excited for this. All the casting announcements are great. With all the amazing choices they've made it's making me less upset about Chris Evans being cast as Cap. I'm beginning to believe they saw something in him that I have yet to see.

Yeah I think Evans must have blown the casting directors away cuz he beat out a TON of other actors for the role. It felt like they auditioned or considered basically every actor in Hollywood between the ages of 20-35. Laughing I'm pretty confident he's gonna kill it. And I agree about all the other castings as well, Marvel Studios has become consistently great at it.

PS: What's with the quotes looking all weird? huh

13Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I was wondering about the quotes as well. At least now I know the quotes thing isn't just happening to me. I don't really like how they are looking now. It's harder to tell when the quote ends and the new post begins. I hope it isn't permanent.

14Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah I'm thinking it's probably a glitch.

15Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I have no idea what's up withe the quote function. It's probably on forummotion's end. I hope they FIXIT!

16Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Filming officially begins today in London!

Also, Marvel Studios sent out an official press release for Tommy Lee Jones being cast as US Army Colonel Chester Phillips.

http://marvel.com/news/all.12985.captain_america_movie~colon~_col~dot~_phillips_cast

17Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want to be excited for this. I really do but I am not a fan of Chris Evans all that much as an actor but hopefully this will be great. I want it to be great.

18Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:55 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I want to be excited for this. I really do but I am not a fan of Chris Evans all that much as an actor but hopefully this will be great. I want it to be great.

well, why do you NOT like him as an actor? frankly i've never seen him in a HORRIBLE movie, i mean cellular was bad but he was good in it. he rocked in the losers, and i liked him in the FF movies. everybody has this "i want it to be good but they cast yadda yadda" everytime we hear about a comic movie. first it was tobey in spider man, people STILL bitch about hugh jackman playing wolverine, and i've already heard people start in on seth rogan playing green hornet and all they've got is a teaser trailer. and to be honest bud, it's not really the actors fault, they just follow writing and direction. sometimes you get "superman I &II" other times you get "batman & robin/ X-3"....it's a crap shoot. i think everif he's TERRIBAD in it they have loaded the gun with so much star power we probably will disregard it. until we see it the second time! Wink

19Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Honestly, Chris Evans doesn't impress me as an actor. I've seen him in a few things and I just don't see him as Steve Rogers. Maybe I'll be proved wrong. He was ok in the Losers. The movie itself was ok but it was basically a "paint by numbers" action movie and it was ok. I disliked pretty much everything about the FF movies. I thought he played Johnny just a bit over the top and I wasn't impressed.

Tobey was ok as Spider-Man and I never had a problem with him. I liked Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Never had a problem with it. I dislike Seth Rogan as an actor. Can't stand his voice and I'm not that impressed by the Green Hornet trailer. I happen to like Captain America and Steve Rogers. He's been my favorite Marvel character for a long time. I want to like this movie and so I look at this with a open mind. However, that doesn't mean I am any more impressed by Chris Evans.

20Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:people STILL bitch about Hugh jackman playing wolverine
The only problem I have with Jackman is....that he's far too tall for wolverine.
But..
He acts like the character enough for me to not care.
I like him as wolvie.
colossus1979 wrote:and I've already heard people start in on seth rogan playing green hornet
Like what I said above..
But Rogan doesn't act like the Green Hornet.....
He acts like fucking Seth Rogan.
And yes....I can tell that from the one trailer. tongue
"Oh a gas gun? Imm point it at mah face! *poof*"
Oh that wacky fat nerdy guy and his wacky situations. Wink

21Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:04 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Honestly, Chris Evans doesn't impress me as an actor. I've seen him in a few things and I just don't see him as Steve Rogers. Maybe I'll be proved wrong. He was ok in the Losers. The movie itself was ok but it was basically a "paint by numbers" action movie and it was ok. I disliked pretty much everything about the FF movies. I thought he played Johnny just a bit over the top and I wasn't impressed.

Hey maybe if you're interested, check him out in Sunshine and Street Kings. He had non-comedic serious roles in both those movies and I think he killed them both. He proved he's able to play more complex and intelligent characters with those performances if you ask me.

And personally, I think his comedic timing and cockiness for Johnny Storm was spot on, one of the handful of bright spots about those mediocre-at-best films IMO. Anyway, I understand where you're coming from, you'll probably just have to wait and see if he can win you over in the actual Cap film.

22Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll check out those movies. I didn't hate him as Johnny Storm. I just thought he was a bit over the top. I thought the interaction between Johnny and the Thing were some of the bright spots of the franchise. It had more to do with the fact that there was pretty much nothing about the FF movies I really enjoyed. I am sure seeing a full trailer, my opinion is going to change. When I think about the choice of Michael Keaton as Batman way back when and not getting the choice until I saw the movie, I was very impressed. I am hoping it will be the same way with this movie.

23Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:14 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Hey maybe if you're interested, check him out in Sunshine and Street Kings. He had non-comedic serious roles in both those movies and I think he killed them both. He proved he's able to play more complex and intelligent characters with those performances if you ask me.

And personally, I think his comedic timing and cockiness for Johnny Storm was spot on, one of the handful of bright spots about those mediocre-at-best films IMO. Anyway, I understand where you're coming from, you'll probably just have to wait and see if he can win you over in the actual Cap film.

yeah i forgot about sunshine, street kings he was alright in but it was hard for me to wrap my brian around "ted goes on a killing spree." Very Happy but yeah sunshine is totally a great movie, mrs. c never watched it but i must have seen it like 6 times because my bud eli let me borrow it on dvd. him and cillian murphy are pretty much the only 2 that carry that movie.

24Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:27 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:The only problem I have with Jackman is....that he's far too tall for wolverine.
But..
He acts like the character enough for me to not care.
I like him as wolvie.

see THAT'S my point. even though you like him, you still have a thing that you DISLIKE about him in that character. i just don't know any actor on screen that 1: wants to look short. (tom cruise is totally shorter than cameron diaz yet in knight and day yet he towers over her in some parts.) or 2: pull off wolverine as good as jackman does. wolvy in the books if we DON'T reference the ultimate universe is about 5'4-5'6 max. so if they DID find a guy that short...it'd look like this everytime he fought sabertooth..
Captain America: The First Avenger 128634

he'd never even be on camera. Laughing

25Captain America: The First Avenger Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's the way it's supposed to look....
"Runt" Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum