Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain America: The First Avenger

+31
Little_Goblyn
Indiana Solo
Denim
prescribeddrone
azrael07
LordD3r3k
Hannibal king
potatojoe
Aussiemandias
kreepfan
Parallax_48
rwe1138
Joshua
G_Zatara
Airwolf
supervenom
riv1
Sandman
Foreigner_Man
TENIME_art
Janson
comicgeekelly
BlueMaxx
Astro13Zombie
colossus1979
Batman25JM
Administrator
jaydee74
Silent K
Paroxysm
Bigtymin504
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

26Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would've thought this thread would be gigantic by now. I'd love for some on-set screenshots. Very Happy

27Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:That's the way it's supposed to look....
"Runt" Wink

i got your "runt".....grrrr.....grrr. wolverine

28Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chris Evans talks Cap costume
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28293

"It’s an amazing costume. Given the fact that his costume is red, white and blue, and it’s tight, and it could be kind of flash and over the top – and given the fact that the movie takes place in the ‘40s and ‘50s – they’ve done a really good job of making it look really cool."

"I think everyone that’s going to see it is going to say, 'Okay, well done. Well done. I think they got the costume right. The casting they completely ruined, but the costume they nailed!'"

Love that last line lol. I can't wait to see some promotional pics of the actual costume...maybe at SDCC? happy

29Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

"I think everyone that’s going to see it is going to say, 'Okay, well done. Well done. I think they got the costume right. The casting they completely ruined, but the costume they nailed!'"[/b][/i]
lmao

30Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Officially in 3D.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/07/thor-3d-captain-america-3d-comiccon-marvel-studios.html

For his part, The First Avenger: Captain America director Joe Johnston said that he still has his doubts about 3-D, though he now considers it "a new challenge" and "exciting":

"I think [3-D] tends to be overused and can be a little bit gimmicky. A lot of people are using 3-D now because they feel have they have to ... that will come and go and the pictures that deserve to be in 3-D will continue to be. When it's done bad, it can make you carsick."

The First Avenger: Captain America stars Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Hayley Atwell, Dominic Cooper, Neal McDonough and Hugo Weaving.

The First Avenger: Captain America opens July 22, 2011!

Both "Captain America" and "Thor” use 2-D for principal photography, but the considerable special effects for the films were conceived and executed from the beginning in 3-D, something that will help them avoid certain pitfalls, said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige.

Feige and Branagh were interviewed together in a conference call with The Times. They acknowledged a negative stigma to 3-D, at least in the eyes of savvy fans like those who attend Comic-Con.

‬‪"I'd say there's not a great feeling out there for conversion based on some of the films that may have succeeded financially but had their artistry come under fire," Feige said, not naming names but most likely referring to "Clash of the Titans," the Warner Bros. release that surpassed $490 million in worldwide box office but was savaged by critics for a rushed 3-D conversion that many saw as especially clumsy, distracting and ill-advised.

Feige, in London for "Captain America," pledged that "an unprecedented amount of time" would be devoted to the conversion process. He also said the films will benefit from the fact that the 3-D choice was made early on with passion and planning and not in post-production, as was the case with a flurry of films that came on the heels of "Avatar" and its historic box-office success.

31Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shake my head

32Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

3-d was great in movies when i was 6.....just friggin play it in HD or imax and leave it be.

33Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:31 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait for the 3D fad to go away.

34Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:59 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

again

35Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

3-D? Really? Maybe Marvel just ought to make a movie with this dude:

Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 35-1_jpg_595x1000_q85

36Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing Laughing Laughing

37Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

I'd watch that ONLY in 3D.

38Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I friggin' HATE 3D. I don't get it, does the general public like 3D? Everyone I know hates 3D, and almost every comment I've read online about 3D is negative, and yet they keep releasing movies in 3D.

I have to say, that I'd think that if they were going to insist on 3D that they'd at least make it easier for people who wear glasses to see 3D movies. Those damn glasses are so freakin' uncomfortable for me to wear over my glasses.

I. HATE. 3D.

39Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:36 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't hate 3-D to be honest. I don't think it adds to the story so it doesn't wow me like it might others. I think this is a new toy for filmmakers to use and it's a good way I guess to curb piracy for the time being. I guess. I think eventually, people will get tired of it and it will go away. Again.

40Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Comic Con concept art poster!

Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 9490_2366551002

Very Happy

41Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:37 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awesome.

colossus1979 wrote:pull off wolverine as good as jackman does.

I like Hugh Jackman, but comic Wolverine is not that emo.

Nor that pretty.

42Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Comic Con floor pic

Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Comicconfloor2010072010

Don't know if that's the official shield but cool nonetheless. Smile

43Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:03 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cap teaser footage was shown at SDCC...behold!
Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 DSC03951

Teaser trailer for Captain America: The First Avenger is mainly newsreels from WWII, with FDR narrative, and it ends with a profile shot of Chris Evans in full Cap costume....and ends with the shield flying at the audience!

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=20556

Johnston says the film is about telling Captain America's origin story.

Evans says "It's a little intimidating, a little daunting..hopefully Joe will send me in the right direction and I won't ruin the movie."

Evans says he started shooting just five days ago. "The suit is fantastic, and it's just...a thrill," he said.

Hugo Weaving is asked about how he envisioned playing the Red Skull.
He says he spent a lot of time listening to Werner Herzog and another German artist and synthesized the voices to create the voice of the Skull

Evans says he loves origin pieces, and he thinks its gives them a big advantage when trying to interlock stories like what Marvel is trying to do in building up to the Avengers.

Feige adds that the leaked image of Cap on the Internet recently didn't do justice to the look of the film. He also said the film will be entirely in the 1940s.

More footage shown next, just shot last week. Lots of footage of Hugo Weaving pre-skull face and... a cosmic cube?

Clip showed an unmasked Red Skull looting a tomb in a castle, which belongs to Odin. There's a nod to the Cosmic Cube, a staple of Cap comics.

The Skull then finds a hidden compartment, finds a box inside and opens it. An old man warns the Skull that man was not meant to see what's inside. "Exactly," answers the Skull.

With that, the Cap crew walks off and Thor director Kenneth Branagh comes onstage.

thumbs up

44Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cap's OFFICIAL shield!

Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Photo%283%29

Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Photo%282%29

Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Photo

Wow Marvel is doing an amazing job with all their props and equipment. Looks great.

45Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:59 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The shield is GORGEOUS!! I am officially jazzed for this movie now.

46Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:12 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is it weird to want to have sex with a shield?

47Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interview with Evans, Weaving, and Director Johnston.

Can't wait to see how Red Skull looks. thumbs up

48Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=20677

EW: And you're playing Red Skull.

Weaving: Johann Shmidt is an ex SS officer who has his own branch of the German Army under his command. He's a scientist who is interested in developing armaments and also developing and harnessing the power of a, of a, sort of unusual energy source which has spiritual connections.

Johnston: And whats the name of his branch?

Weaving: HYDRA.

Johnston: HYDRA.

HYDRA! In the video, Johnston also showed of his phone that had the HYDRA symbol on it.
Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Hydra-704579

And that "energy" he mentioned has gotta be the Cosmic Cube. Smile

49Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Honestly, the more I see and hear about this movie, the more excited I am.

50Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say, I love what the costume looks like. I am officially jazzed.

comicgeekelly wrote:Is it weird to want to have sex with a shield?
Normally I would say yes but you are talking about the Captain America shield so in this case I would say no. It's not weird at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum