Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PopCast is killing me one toy at a time...

+6
Esbat
The Ignored One
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Lee
Mnemosis
HairyTrucker
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PopCast is killing me one toy at a time... Empty PopCast is killing me one toy at a time... Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:46 am

HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker
Cadet
Cadet

Due to the unholy influence of Popcast, I've finally broken down and started picking up some figures that interest me. Damn you all to hell...

It started with tracking down the Firefly/Serenity toys from the 2005 movie. I'm a huge Firefly geek and a Whedonite in general. Thankfully, there weren't that many figures released, but they're hard to come by at this point.

Now, my big problem is the Iron Man 2 3.75 inch figures. It began innocently when I found the Mark I and couldn't help myself. The next time it was five more (Mark II, Mark III, Iron Monger, War Machine, and Crimson Dynamo). Two days later, I'm spending 6 hours going from store to store tracking down figures.

I've got 16 now.

HELP ME!!!!!!!

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

HA!

For MU figs I've got:

Green Goblin, Hand Ninja, Electro, Iron Man (Classic), War Machine (Comic), Blob, Sabertooth, Wolverine (Brown Costume), Gambit, Jean Grey, Colossus, Maverick, Warpath, Wolverine (X-Force), Deadpool, Cyclops (Astonishing), and GigaToast scored me the Amazing Friends three-pack, to be picked up at seetoo.

That makes 19. Inside of a month. And I'll already be getting Archangel, Mystique, Juggernaut, and the Nightcrawler/Storm 2-pack... along with god knows what else.

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Gaze into your future!

PopCast is killing me one toy at a time... IMG_6088

http://www.leerodriguez.net

HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker
Cadet
Cadet

Mnemosis wrote:HA!

For MU figs I've got:

Green Goblin, Hand Ninja, Electro, Iron Man (Classic), War Machine (Comic), Blob, Sabertooth, Wolverine (Brown Costume), Gambit, Jean Grey, Colossus, Maverick, Warpath, Wolverine (X-Force), Deadpool, Cyclops (Astonishing), and GigaToast scored me the Amazing Friends three-pack, to be picked up at seetoo.

That makes 19. Inside of a month. And I'll already be getting Archangel, Mystique, Juggernaut, and the Nightcrawler/Storm 2-pack... along with god knows what else.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Near as I can figure, I only need two more to complete the set of Iron Man 2 figures: Mark IV and War Machine (Movie version). I think my next project is putting together the X-men. I was really into the Fox cartoon in the 90's.

The strange part of all this is: before I started listening to Popcast, I never seriously considered collecting action figures. Now it feels natural, almost like being 8 years old again. Only this time, Mom isn't around to tell me "NO!". It might be hard on my bank account, but I like it.

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Trucker if you are just up in kent, I can tell you that the Wal-mart in Auburn and the Wal-mart supercenter in federal way have tons and tons of Iron Man 2 figs. The hard to find one is the troop builder Iron Monger though.

Beware of the New GI Joe pursuit of Cobra stuff that is coming soon.

Also If you need Iceman, Cyclops, or Deadpool from the XO:wolverine line, I have tons by me on post. Colossus, not so much, but I'm sure we will see him in droves soon at secondary retailers.

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

I feel your pain Trucker. It's not toys, but after the Top Cow interview I got the Broken Trinity TPB, and off that, I'm now hunting down all the Darkness I can get my hands on.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker
Cadet
Cadet

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Trucker if you are just up in kent, I can tell you that the Wal-mart in Auburn and the Wal-mart supercenter in federal way have tons and tons of Iron Man 2 figs. The hard to find one is the troop builder Iron Monger though.

Beware of the New GI Joe pursuit of Cobra stuff that is coming soon.

Also If you need Iceman, Cyclops, or Deadpool from the XO:wolverine line, I have tons by me on post. Colossus, not so much, but I'm sure we will see him in droves soon at secondary retailers.

Troop Builder Iron Monger? The only Iron Man 2 "Iron Monger" that I know about is the big bad from the first movie. (I'm not sure why they released it for this line though.) The Hasbro site doesn't show any kind of troop builder figures for Iron Man 2. Am I missing a pre-order or something?

Thankfully, I never really got into GI Joe as a kid. It seemed silly and unrealistic even when I was 10. Go figure.

Thanks, but I should be all right. Besides, I'm not sure I could justify buying anything associated with that abortion of a movie.

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

War Machine, the movie version, is quite frankly "the shit". And I do ever so wish they'd do a 1:12 scale version.

http://realityfugitives.com/

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

HairyTrucker wrote:

Near as I can figure, I only need two more to complete the set of Iron Man 2 figures: Mark IV and War Machine (Movie version). I think my next project is putting together the X-men. I was really into the Fox cartoon in the 90's.

The strange part of all this is: before I started listening to Popcast, I never seriously considered collecting action figures. Now it feels natural, almost like being 8 years old again. Only this time, Mom isn't around to tell me "NO!". It might be hard on my bank account, but I like it.

By complete, I trust you mean "every armor actually in the film"? Because you can bet they're not going to stop making these figures anytime soon, so there'll be plenty more for you to buy. I can't wait for "Sombrero Iron Man" with sound effects.

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There are robots in the 2nd movie that are like mini Iron Mongers, so People are troop building the Iron Mongers. That is why they are harder to find. GI Joe guys are even picking up the Iron Monger to troup build and use.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:Gaze into your future!

I like that shelf.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:War Machine, the movie version, is quite frankly "the shit". And I do ever so wish they'd do a 1:12 scale version.

They are.

a prototype for what appears to be a previously unannounced 6" Iron Man 2 figure has appeared on eBay. From the image it appears that it will be based on a version of Iron Man with suitcase to store his armor. It remains to be seen if this figure will see actual release, if it will have removable armor or if it will be a Wal-Mart exclusive like the previously announced Iron Man 2 (Iron Man & War Machine) 6" figures will be.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12847

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Mnemosis wrote:
HairyTrucker wrote:

By complete, I trust you mean "every armor actually in the film"? Because you can bet they're not going to stop making these figures anytime soon, so there'll be plenty more for you to buy. I can't wait for "Sombrero Iron Man" with sound effects.

I'm personally waiting for Drunk Tony with Martini Gulping action.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker
Cadet
Cadet

Mnemosis wrote:By complete, I trust you mean "every armor actually in the film"? Because you can bet they're not going to stop making these figures anytime soon, so there'll be plenty more for you to buy. I can't wait for "Sombrero Iron Man" with sound effects.

Nope. I'm sorry to say I'm more pathetic than that: There are currently eighteen 3.75 inch figures (not including sets including the bike and such). As of yesterday, I have tracked them all down.

My Favorite are "War Machine" (Movie Version) and "Mark I". Hasbro should be ashamed of "Power Assault" and "Stealth Mission". They're the exact same figure and accessory with different paint jobs... but it didn't stop me from buying them.

If they ever make a "Sambrero Iron Man" I'll be all over that.

Shoot me now.

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, HT... Thou art boned.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

prescribeddrone wrote:
Esbat wrote:War Machine, the movie version, is quite frankly "the shit". And I do ever so wish they'd do a 1:12 scale version.

They are.

a prototype for what appears to be a previously unannounced 6" Iron Man 2 figure has appeared on eBay. From the image it appears that it will be based on a version of Iron Man with suitcase to store his armor. It remains to be seen if this figure will see actual release, if it will have removable armor or if it will be a Wal-Mart exclusive like the previously announced Iron Man 2 (Iron Man & War Machine) 6" figures will be.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12847

War Machine and Iron Man are the first two figures in the line, that Hasbro expressly said at Toy Fair would continue if the demand is there. So, I'd say suitcase armor's a likely bet. If he has some form of removable armor, I'll be all over him.

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Lee wrote:Gaze into your future!

Shocked Great googly-moogly!

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:There are robots in the 2nd movie that are like mini Iron Mongers, so People are troop building the Iron Mongers. That is why they are harder to find. GI Joe guys are even picking up the Iron Monger to troup build and use.

That is retarded. Hasbro will make the Hammer Drones, people are troop building incorrectly... Rolling Eyes

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Tom wrote:
Shocked Great googly-moogly!
Very Happy I love that reaction.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja