Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 42]

276The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

look to the future not to the past Wink

277The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

New DW Magazine cover: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KTJWhtuRLac/S2cPvNRuMjI/AAAAAAAAJsY/gVeJfIX677U/s1600-h/DWM418.jpg

278The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:59 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been thinking about this...the only 'American' actor I can think of that might be a good Doctor would be Kyle MacLachlan, from Desperate Housewives. He's got the sci-fi background that would give his Doctor technobabble credibility, he's got the 'weird story' factor from working on David Lynch projects, and his time on Desperate Housewives has proven he can handle a drama with comedic tendencies. Plus, he'd bring a sort of Pertwee-slash-Baker-type style to the role.

279The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:01 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:It's just an imaginary exercise but I agree, the Doctor is such a British icon (even though he's an alien) I can't imagine an American taking the role. Having said that, and again just for fun what about..

Kelsey Grammer (Frasier) just quirky and irascible enough to be a kind of stateside Hartnell type.

Hugh Laurie (cheating a bit but he's an honorary American now right? and he's used to playing a doctor The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 29517 )

Christopher Lloyd (bit of a cliche after Back to the Future but at least the American public would accept the narative shorthand of him as a time traveller)

James Callis (Baltar from BSG) another Brit actor adopted by the US

James Marsters he's already been in Torchwood so there's a connection.

whaddya think?

Kelsey Grammer would be a great choice. James Marsters would also be awesome. I actually like all your choices. Especially Christopher Lloyd. I could see him being very similar to the first Doctor for some reason. That would be very cool.

280The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

comicgeekelly wrote:I was watching The Complete Fourth Series DVD last night and there was an interesting deleted scene. In the scene (which was taken out of the end of the 13th episode) the Doctor gives the Alternate Universe Doctor a chunk of the TARDIS so that he can grow his own and have his own adventures with Rose. RTD said that he would like to think that that still happened. Any chance that we might see David Tennant and Billie Piper return in the new series for an arc as Alternate Universe Doctor and Rose? It could happen and I hope it does.

Well though it gives them a good excuse I for one hope not. Frankly I've had enough of Tennant. Let him go out on a high and welcome the new guard.

281The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Foreigner_Man wrote:New DW Magazine cover: [url=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KTJWhtuRLac/S2cPvNRuMjI/AAAAAAAAJsY/gVeJfIX677U/s1600-h/DWM418.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KTJWhtuRLac/S2cPvNRuMjI/AAAAAAAAJsY/gVeJfIX677U/s1600-h/DWM418.jpg[/quote[/url]]
Very cool!
Hiya F.M. haven't spoken to you for ages. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 334450

282The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

superdoug wrote:I've been thinking about this...the only 'American' actor I can think of that might be a good Doctor would be Kyle MacLachlan, from Desperate Housewives. He's got the sci-fi background that would give his Doctor technobabble credibility, he's got the 'weird story' factor from working on David Lynch projects, and his time on Desperate Housewives has proven he can handle a drama with comedic tendencies. Plus, he'd bring a sort of Pertwee-slash-Baker-type style to the role.

Good call. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 41525

283The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
Jherek wrote:It's just an imaginary exercise but I agree, the Doctor is such a British icon (even though he's an alien) I can't imagine an American taking the role. Having said that, and again just for fun what about..

Kelsey Grammer (Frasier) just quirky and irascible enough to be a kind of stateside Hartnell type.

Hugh Laurie (cheating a bit but he's an honorary American now right? and he's used to playing a doctor The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 29517 )

Christopher Lloyd (bit of a cliche after Back to the Future but at least the American public would accept the narative shorthand of him as a time traveller)

James Callis (Baltar from BSG) another Brit actor adopted by the US

James Marsters he's already been in Torchwood so there's a connection.

whaddya think?

Kelsey Grammer would be a great choice. James Marsters would also be awesome. I actually like all your choices. Especially Christopher Lloyd. I could see him being very similar to the first Doctor for some reason. That would be very cool.

Indeed.

284The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Jherek wrote:[Very cool!
Hiya F.M. haven't spoken to you for ages. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 334450
Hey Jherek! Good to see you, it's been a while.

285The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

http://planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/2010/02/series-onefive3231fnarg.html

The names of the first three episodes are:

1 The Eleventh Hour
2 The Beast Below
3 Victory Of The Daleks

286The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:18 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

THE BEAST below? hurm...................... one could think the Beast is returning, but its probably a reference to something else.

287The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

nah doubt it. its probably the return of the seadevils and the silurians

288The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:nah doubt it. its probably the return of the seadevils and the silurians
helll yes my favorite classic dr who creatures return. sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you

289The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Comparing them with the trailer..
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 DW02
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 7 The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 007-silurian

Silurians or Sea Devils? May be..

290The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:51 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think its both of them since warriors of the deep revealed them to be the same species

291The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Spoiler:

292The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just watched "The Romans". Wow. It was fairly awesome. I quite enjoyed it and I am really liking William Hartnell as the Doctor. He has such an abundance of charm and wit to him. I really want to check out more of his stories.

293The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:47 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=exclusive_neil_gaiman_confirms_doctor

294The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MikeSabian wrote:http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=exclusive_neil_gaiman_confirms_doctor

HELL YEAH!

295The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

14 months. ...damn.

296The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:21 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

14 months is way to long to wait.

297The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:14 months is way to long to wait.

Damn Straight.

298The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

MikeSabian wrote:http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=exclusive_neil_gaiman_confirms_doctor

Great news!

299The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:13 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Awesome. Wonder why the scrapped the intended title, 'House of Nothing' sounds great to me.

300The official; Doctor who thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:16 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

It's been confirmed: the Silurians are back!

http://www.examiner.com/x-10643-Dr-Who-Examiner~y2010m2d10-2010-Doctor-Who-spoiler-news-the-Silurians-return

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum