Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:31 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I'm really hoping there will be more evolutions of Eevee. A steel-type would be especially awesome.

27Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:05 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Steel
Ground
Rock
Ghost
Bug
Poison
Flying
Dragon
Then they would all be covered.

28Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:10 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I don't really want to see a Ghost evolution. That would imply that I killed my Eevee in order make him evolve.

29Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:17 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wouldn't mind seeing those Evee evolutions, although I don't really fancy a Ghost-type. Those are the strangest Pokemon, and I'd rather focus on other types.

Last night, I traded with myself to get a Sinnoh starter in my Party Pokemon. So, now I have Totodile (Johto), Bulbasaur (Kanto), Treecko (Hoenn), and Chimchar (Sinnoh). I also traded over a Slugma. With Slugma/Magcargo in your party, eggs take half the time to hatch out. It's very handy for breeders like myself. Smile

30Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:02 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Doug...I thought you called people like me breeders. Wink

Kidding aside, I like to make me some mutant pumped up pokemon. The method for breeding shinys in Platinum is such a pain in the ass though that after doing 4 of them I gave up on doing it any more. I love heving level 5 only pokemon battles on Pokemon Battle Revolution with my freak pokemon.

31Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:17 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Doug...I thought you called people like me breeders. Wink

Kidding aside, I like to make me some mutant pumped up pokemon. The method for breeding shinys in Platinum is such a pain in the ass though that after doing 4 of them I gave up on doing it any more. I love heving level 5 only pokemon battles on Pokemon Battle Revolution with my freak pokemon.

I've been breeding the heck out of my Flareon in the hopes of getting an Evee who already knows Fire Blast. Then I'll evolve it into a Vaporeon, and have a Water-type Pokemon with a Fire attack. Twisted Evil

My Chimchar is bred from a level 45 Infernape. He was born already knowing Cut and Rock Smash...handy!

32Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I breed Magby's that hare fast and have amped up special attack that are born knowing flamethrower, thunderpunch, psychic and brick break. I don't really use many HM moves on my battle set pokemon, I like using Linone for my HM moves and Tropius. Linone has pick up and he lears Rocksmash, rock climb, surf, cut. Tropius gets Fly, Strength, defog (lame). I hate defog.

I also make Mimens that know flamethrower, Icepunch, Thunderpuch and Psychic

33Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:48 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Currently working on a Calm Togepi myself. Breeding with Honchcrow to get Nasty Plot... then comes the super-slow HP EV training.

34Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I use blissy as my wall and do HP SD and D EV training. So sick of a wall. Then the rest of my team is Skarmory, hipopatas, tyranitar, flygon, Rhyperior, and I rotate out my sixth spot right now it is Staryu

35Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:16 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

vikoros wrote:Currently working on a Calm Togepi myself. Breeding with Honchcrow to get Nasty Plot... then comes the super-slow HP EV training.

It's actually not all that slow. Here's what you do: Put the Pokemon you want to level up as first in your party. Then stack your party with powerful upper-level Pokemon and challenge some trainers (the Elite Four, if you're that good now). Swap out your lead Pokemon for one of the powerful ones when the battle starts, and every time after a victory it asks if you want to switch Pokemon, put your lead back in and repeat. I leveled up Chimchar to a Monferno in about ten minutes this way. The trick is to have some seriously sturdy powerful Pokemon, because they're gonna take the hit when they swap in. I use my Lvl 94 Charizard, and just keep the rest of the party as Pokemon I need to level. Wink

36Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:37 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, that's how I do my grinding... but first I've got to get 252 (minus the 100 from vitamins) EVs for HP from fighting stupid Shellows and Bidoof. Then I'll just split the rest between 100 S. Def and 152ish S. Att.

Sad thing is: I probably won't be able to tell the difference stats-wise from doing this. Oh well... the time I waste on Pokemon is nothing compared to the time I used to waste on MMOs.

37Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:27 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

EV training really only shows if you compare your pokemon to someone elses pokemon of the same nature and level. I don't think Superdoug was getting what you meant by EV training.

Just in case. Doug. There is a hidden value that is in the game that affects your pokemon based upon what pokemon they battle. There are so many points that your pokemon can fave and then it caps off. Example if you want to build Speed you fight Golbats, if you want special defense you fight gravlers. ( may have that mixed up.) But because of these values, breeding (new stat breeding is sick now you can make even stronger pokemon), and natures two pokemon from different trainers are rarely the same. Unless they EV trained similarly for competitive purposes. Example: Your Charizard and my Charizard both have a cheery nature. But when they are level 100 they have completely different stats. That is because of the EV values that you don't see. I think that these actually make the game even more interesting, because it makes your pokemon that much more unique.

Does anybody here have the last number of their pokemon's ID# as a 7. (this is based on your trainer ID somehow) I need one with a 7 as the last digit so I don't get stuffed at the Lotto on occasion.

38Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:00 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. This shit is a lot more complex than I thought. I just go around and beat the tar out of Pokemon. I didn't know there were special ways to boost stats...dammit. Now I'll have to go back through my guide and figure out what I need to do for each of my Pokemon currently leveling up.

39Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:46 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very Happy Really Doug it doesn't matter if you are just having fun. EV training is only worth it if you start with a hatchling and have a nature that favors the stats you are going to focus on. And different pokemon you battle are worth a different amount of EV's Also there are things that influence EV training flike Focus Sash. You can even get fractional values by using experience shares and such. EV training is how I usually find my shiny pokemon. But that is what happens when you battle 400 Golbats in a day. Wink

There is a great guide on serebii.net on EV training. But yeah the thought that went into the greatest RPG of all time impresses the hell out of me.

40Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:23 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

EV training is as far as I'm willing to go... and I've really only done if for about two teams of Pokes. IV breeding... way too complex for me.

41Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed May 05, 2010 2:15 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, purely in the interest of Pokemon breeding, I made a purchase on eBay of a brand-new HeartGold game that's essentially been maxxed out and all pokemon unlocked. Complete Pokedex, all shiny, blah blah...but the best part is that all the Pokemon will have max EV and HVs. So, I should be able to breed some seriously messed-up Pokemon to transfer into Black and White when it comes out. tongue The seller's feedback rating is pretty high, so I'm fairly confident in what I'm getting.

It's purely for breeding and getting the Event pokemon, so if we ever meet on Wi-Fi, don't worry about running into some insanely high level pokemon. I really like the fighting team I've put together in SoulSilver and don't want to mess that up. Very Happy

42Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed May 05, 2010 2:47 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HOw much did it go for? And was it all hacked basically?

43Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Wed May 05, 2010 3:52 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^ I guess it is. These kids can do anything these days. I made sure to check the feedback to make sure that no one was reporting damage to the DS or anything, and it looks like it'll be okay. Laughing I got it for about 60 bucks, with free shipping, so it wasn't like I spent a lot more than the game would have been off the shelf.

I haven't gotten it, yet. Probably be Monday before I actually have it in hand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum