Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!?

+10
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Esbat
Joshua
Lee
superdoug
Ronald_raygun
Janson
Silent K
Metal Misfit
Mnemosis
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FWal_Mart_X-Men&pic=2009_0404wolvorigins0001.JPG&dispsize=600&start=0

Because nobody, at all, anywhere, demanded it.

2What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:39 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

don't know

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

3What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I wouldn't mind the Cyclops...the X1 version I own sucks.

Yes, I am the only person that actually collects the X-Men movie figures.

4What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Silent K wrote:I wouldn't mind the Cyclops...the X1 version I own sucks.

Yes, I am the only person that actually collects the X-Men movie figures.

They Wolverine looks like crap, but the others are cool enough I guess.

5What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:33 am

Ronald_raygun

Ronald_raygun
Cadet
Cadet

This is the reason I had Daisy e-bay my 80 Marvel Legends. This crap makes Toy Biz look like the king.

http://hibbitybibbard.com

6What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jebus. Hasblo strikes again!

WHERE'S MY INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE HEROES EXCLUSIVE INDY-ON-HORSE FIGURE, YOU PIGFUCKERS!?!

7What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I don't think this is what fans meant when they said they wanted 6-inch figures.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

8What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ouch.

9What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

I believe a little photoshoping needs to be done.

What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? WWF-Hasbro

10What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:49 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I JUST SAW THOSE IN THE STORE TODAY!

23 dollars and 97 goddamn cents! WTF!

I like that Cyke tho. BUT NOT 24 DOLLARS "LIKE".

http://realityfugitives.com/

11What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:04 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Esbat wrote:I JUST SAW THOSE IN THE STORE TODAY!

23 dollars and 97 goddamn cents! WTF!

I like that Cyke tho. BUT NOT 24 DOLLARS "LIKE".

I wouldn't want these figures if they showed up on my doorstep for free, and I WAS buying the movie figures when they first came out. But 24 dollars?!?!? I would sooner eat my money, one gold presidential dollar coin at a time, than spend it on this crap.

"Hey, remember when we tried to sell you X3 Colossus and Beast single packed and you didn't want them? Now they're in a box set for 24 dollars!"

12What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:19 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Actually, maybe now is a good time to re-vocalize my conspiracy theory -

GI Joe and Transformers are proprietary Hasbro merch. Licensed characters, such as Indiana Jones and Marvel heroes, are not. Therefore, for every Cyclops and Doctor Henry Jones that Hasbro sells, they make less money than they do on, say, a Flint or Starscream. I'm not suggesting that they pay a royalty per figure, but they pay for the license, and that eats away at the profit margin. So here's the question...

Does anyone else get the feeling that Hasbro is sabotaging their non-proprietary lines in an effort to reduce their presence on store shelves and leave their proprietary products a bigger slice of the buying populace's money to gobble up?

Think about it this way. 100 kids walk into the store to buy action figures, each kid has 20 dollars. That's $2000 total available to Hasbro. We'll assume right off the bat that 500 of it doesn't go into Hasbro's merchandise at all, but instead is spent on Bakugan or whatever the hell is popular this month. Of the $1500, let's say that half goes to proprietary merch and half goes to licensed merch. Hasbro has made $1500 dollars, but paid what amounts to... let's say, 1 dollar on the hundred for the licensed stuff. That means that GI Joe and Transformers netted them $750 dollars, while everything else got them $742.50. Not a huge loss, but, we were only talking about $2000 dollars to begin with. If we're talking 2 million, then they're losing thousands of dollars on that deal.

Before you get in a tizzy, again, I understand that the license fees are paid out up front, but... if Hasbro does JUST well enough on their licensed merch to make it profitable, but cuts enough corners to make sales sluggish, stores will reduce facings of the slow-sellers and instead push whatever's succeeding, theoretically the GI Joes and Transformers, of which Hasbro gets 100% of the profits, with no license fees in the way.

Not to mention, Hasbro controls these properties. They get to make WHATEVER they want, and make it look HOW they want. If Hasbro does market research and figures out people would like Snake Eyes figures in neon orange jumpsuits with a big red arrow on his forehead, they can make that figure and tell IDW to put him in their comic. They can't just do that to Wolverine without someone, somewhere, signing off on it.

Ultimately, it just feels to me like Hasbro gives their proprietary lines the most love and attention and the biggest push, while letting their licenses suffer. Except of course Star Wars, cause Hasbro KNOWS Lucas would have them all put to death otherwise.

13What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:38 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis, I have to say this, I don't know what you've done wrong at home, and again this is me saying this, ya gotta get laid, bro. :p

SMILEY IMMUNITY! I LEARNED IT FROM SK! BLAME HIM!

*ahem*

Anywho, I could see where your conspiracy theory could be plausible. But they are promising Marvel so much money from each property, especially from the Spider-Man and Iron Man franchises. But your theory is indeed valid as they shrunk Marvel Figures down to a more profitable format ie the MU/WXO/WatXM lines.

So I can see them sabotaging all things Marvel Legends but all the movie properties.

14What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Firstly, this newest issue of Toyfare has to be at least the 8th issue in a row without any Marvel Legends news (because there is NONE), and secondly, they did an article on designer vinyl toys, and decided to include the nugget that henceforth, Mighty Muggs will be exclusive to Toys R Us.

FUCK!

15What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:33 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Silent K wrote:Firstly, this newest issue of Toyfare has to be at least the 8th issue in a row without any Marvel Legends news (because there is NONE), and secondly, they did an article on designer vinyl toys, and decided to include the nugget that henceforth, Mighty Muggs will be exclusive to Toys R Us.

FUCK!

WHAT!? Oh, come on! Who doesn't love Mighty Muggs? It's not like they're clogging the shelves or anything. What a bullshit move.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

16What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TRU tries very aggresively to get Exclusives for their store, I wonder what they did to get all the cookies in one place. Is it a move to try to save TRU as a retailer. I know yesterday that a huge NW sporting goods chain announced they are closing shop, so the economy is effecting big business now too. I do think you all should know that a lot of these prices are being done at the retailer level and not by Hasbro.

The cost per action figure to Wal-mart only wnet up 28 cents at the time the Joes went up and MU came out. The people there are hiking the price up because they are trying to recover money on items that sell well to recoup overall down turn in consumer spending. Collecters still spend money. I can go out today and pay less than $7 for a new MU figure and you can't even find them for that price on the internet. Joes are going to be at a higher price point as well. Capitalism is so freaking awesome!!!

I agree with Mnemosis. I do think that as a whole Hasbro pushes their Hasbor owned lines much more than they do anything else. I can argue that they don't exactly want the other lines to fail. They like having the deal with marvel. It is making them a ton of money.

I do see that Hasbro is greedy. But I choose to look at what they have been doing to Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons since the purchased Wizards of the Coast. They release new premium stuff so much more than they used to, the amount of sets each year and the speed at which they rotate forces competitive players to spend more money than they ever have. The went to a mentality that it is better to have smaller sets more times per year than to have the bigger sets they did. Then they included the new Mythic rares 1:8 ratio. in these packs. The sale of sealed product has sky rocketted, becase now players have to purchase another $1000 in sealed product a year to stay competitive.

5 years ago the most expensive standard enviornment deck would run a person about $200-$300 on the secondary market. (not saying that you need that kind of money to win, that was just the most pricey.) The deck that I currently play competitively runs about $700 on the secondary market.

They released 4th edition D&D, which I like to call a prequal to the orriginal, or D&D for dummies, two years after 3.5 was established as the new standard. We also had the onslaught of the D&D mini's game that was over produced with about 6 sets a year.

Hasbro does like money, and they do good at making it but they are truly messing up IMO when they start f-ing with the ledgends line. I don't even buy it, but I know it makes them a ton a loot.

17What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

*looks at pic*

Holy god damn. Hasbro really is a bunch of lazy fucks. I mean, that Cyke is just a repainted Astonishing Cyke with a different head, and the Wolverine is the same, just a repainted Ultimate Wolverine.

Seriously, the other Marvel Legends are fucking brilliant compared to these.

18What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:35 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:*looks at pic*

Holy god damn. Hasbro really is a bunch of lazy fucks. I mean, that Cyke is just a repainted Astonishing Cyke with a different head, and the Wolverine is the same, just a repainted Ultimate Wolverine.

Seriously, the other Marvel Legends are fucking brilliant compared to these.
Love the sig Laughing

19What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:06 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last Stand was my favorite of the three (y'all can eat my taint), but I was even lukewarm about the Minimates. And Minimates are my favorite toyline ever.

These are fugly.

20What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:43 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Last Stand was my favorite of the three (y'all can eat my taint), but I was even lukewarm about the Minimates. And Minimates are my favorite toyline ever.

These are fugly.

You only like 'em cause splitty does, you hairless lothario Laughing Twisted Evil

21What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:06 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, no you di'in't!!

Don't make me go all record store clerk on yer ass!!

"I was fan before anyone else even knew who they were!!"

XP

22What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

I like them, I haven't bought any figures in a long time and these called out to me. I didn't really care for ML especially near the end talk about fugly.

23What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:34 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Oh, no you di'in't!!

Don't make me go all record store clerk on yer ass!!

"I was fan before anyone else even knew who they were!!"

XP
*readies ice pick*

Someone wants a blow hole where I know the Sun Does Shine Twisted Evil

24What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:17 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well colossus and beast are rereleases and wolverine looks like crap but cyclops looks good but not good enough to buy another colossus

25What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Empty Re: What the fuck hasbro!!?!?!? Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:27 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:*readies ice pick*

Someone wants a blow hole where I know the Sun Does Shine Twisted Evil

Too little, too late, sailor! Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum