Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask the Expert

+14
supervenom
Foxy
shining knight
DickGrayson007
BlueMaxx
Topcat
Esbat
Justin
jaydee74
rwe1138
Administrator
Metal Misfit
Mnemosis
alucardbarnivous
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue May 05, 2009 7:15 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Whatever happened to that other Nite-wing who's name escapes me right now the one with the blond hair who got shot all to hell but survived and started working with Torque(Dudley Soames)?

27Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Wed May 06, 2009 2:03 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:Whatever happened to that other Nite-wing who's name escapes me right now the one with the blond hair who got shot all to hell but survived and started working with Torque(Dudley Soames)?

I thought he got killed?

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

28Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They merged however after jakeem was sucked into the pen during a big fight with the spectre. The thundnerbolt and johnny split up again. As far as I know johnny is still in the fifth dimension

29Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:04 am

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

To Jerry or anyone: how old is Mary Marvel supposed to be, specifically when she wore her black Countdown costume? The only Shazam book I've read is the new DC kids title - awesome by the way. Does her age change when she transforms or is it constant?

http://www.foxyart.net

30Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:17 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:To Jerry or anyone: how old is Mary Marvel supposed to be, specifically when she wore her black Countdown costume? The only Shazam book I've read is the new DC kids title - awesome by the way. Does her age change when she transforms or is it constant?

I think her age is the same. I believe her, Billy, and Freddy are late teen/early twenties.

31Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:33 am

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thanks Jerry! I'm in the middle of drawing Mary and wanted to make sure she's at least 18. Laughing

http://www.foxyart.net

32Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:
DickGrayson007 wrote:Whatever happened to that other Nite-wing who's name escapes me right now the one with the blond hair who got shot all to hell but survived and started working with Torque(Dudley Soames)?

I thought he got killed?

He's probably either in jail or he's dead when Blüdhaven was blown up.

33Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:Thanks Jerry! I'm in the middle of drawing Mary and wanted to make sure she's at least 18. Laughing

...why would that matter?

Shocked

What kind of art do you draw?

shake my head

34Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:30 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blonde or redhead? lol!

35Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:53 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Does Alan Scott have a Lantern Battery? I just read Solomon Grundy #4 and there is an incident involving that very item. I didn't know it existed. Retcon...other?

36Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:41 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Does Alan Scott have a Lantern Battery? I just read Solomon Grundy #4 and there is an incident involving that very item. I didn't know it existed. Retcon...other?

Scott used a battery before internalizing the Starheart power.

37Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Hrm. Wonder why his house had a battery hidden? I know that he dropped the title of Sentinel to go back to Green Lantern. Do you think he leaves some of his power...their? I hope that that is explained.

38Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:13 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Hrm. Wonder why his house had a battery hidden? I know that he dropped the title of Sentinel to go back to Green Lantern. Do you think he leaves some of his power...their? I hope that that is explained.

I don't know, maybe there's some residue? Originally, the Guardians collected magic throughout the universe because they saw it as chaos personified and sought to cast it out in place of order. This energy came in contact with Yalan Gur, a GL located on Earth that was given the ability to work without weakness (no yellow, no wood) but when he became corrupt, he was slain and spirit stuck in Earth's atmosphere. This formed a meteor that crashed into Earth and was crafted into a lantern and ring. Alan Scott came across these items and became GL. Over time, he internalized the energies in these items (as evidenced by Jade being born with her Starheart powers, Obsidian bearring dark powers from the energies left in Scott from Ian Karkull that kept the JSA young) and no longer required having to use them though he kept the ring for sentinmental value. Alan is now actually composed of living flame and only limits himself in his present appearance. Although, I think they've (as in another writer) tried to change that but I'm unsure.

39Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:45 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Boom.

40Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:17 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Theres no connection between alans battery and the glc one am I right?

41Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:48 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Theres no connection between alans battery and the glc one am I right?

Actually, I know the answer to that. Kind of. Alan's ring and battery were carved from a shard of the Starheart, which was an orb created by the Guardians that contained all the magic in the universe that the Guardians had gathered and imprisoned. (Which is likely why it's green.) Jade could access the Starheart power directly, but it was the returning of Jade's portion of the Starheart to the GLC's control that super-charged Kyle and turned him into Ion during Infinite Crisis. As Ion, Kyle could access the scientific power of the power battery and the magical power of the Starheart. (That magic may be all that saves Sodam Yat over in GLC, but I don't know if he's got that connection to the Starheart that Kyle had.)

Because the Starheart is separate from the main power source, its energy is unaffected by the yellow impurity of Parallax. However, it -can- be affected by wood, although no one has quite explained why that is. (Byrne explained it in Generations as a sub-conscious thing that Alan instilled when he was hit from behind by a guy with a wooden club and convinced himself that was the ring's weakness, but that was an Elseworlds story, so can't be considered canon.)

42Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:36 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Theres no connection between alans battery and the glc one am I right?

alucardbarnivous wrote:
I don't know, maybe there's some residue? Originally, the Guardians collected magic throughout the universe because they saw it as chaos personified and sought to cast it out in place of order. This energy came in contact with Yalan Gur, a GL located on Earth that was given the ability to work without weakness (no yellow, no wood) but when he became corrupt, he was slain and spirit stuck in Earth's atmosphere. This formed a meteor that crashed into Earth and was crafted into a lantern and ring. Alan Scott came across these items and became GL. Over time, he internalized the energies in these items (as evidenced by Jade being born with her Starheart powers, Obsidian bearring dark powers from the energies left in Scott from Ian Karkull that kept the JSA young) and no longer required having to use them though he kept the ring for sentinmental value. Alan is now actually composed of living flame and only limits himself in his present appearance. Although, I think they've (as in another writer) tried to change that but I'm unsure.

43Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:42 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:
alucardbarnivous wrote:

See, I only knew the roundabout parts. That's pretty interesting. But I don't think Alan is composed of the Living Flame anymore. That was addressed in JSA in the last couple of years; at least since Infinite Crisis.

But, I'm not 100% certain on that. :P tongue

44Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:31 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

speaking alan post IC did is he still missing an eye or was that quietly ignored?

45Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:08 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it grew back.

46Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:27 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

alucardbarnivous wrote:
Esbat wrote:With the introduction of Batwoman in '52' and statements by editorial and creators discussing her importance, why isn't she actually significant?

With the train crashing with OYL and, more especially, Countdown, a lot of plans have been scrapped. One was just after 52 wrapped, we'd get a Batwoman mini that would get her established and they would bring her into the fold. Instead, that story is only now finally being told in Rucka's upcoming arc in 'Tec after all of her momentum is copmpletely gone and she's become the most known character no one cares about.
After?! I have never cared about this character. Kinda ruining Detective. Bring Bats back!!!

47Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:27 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:
After?! I have never cared about this character. Kinda ruining Detective. Bring Bats back!!!

You didn't like her in 52? I thought she and Renee made an interesting pair on the page.

48Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How old exactly is Helena, Selina and Sam Bradley's kid? Last time I remember she was a baby, but in Gotham City Sirens they show her as like 4/5 years old.

http://realityfugitives.com/

49Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:04 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

alucardbarnivous wrote:
blue halo wrote:

You didn't like her in 52? I thought she and Renee made an interesting pair on the page.
Just because there was a girl/girl love interest does not mean their characters were interesting.

50Ask the Expert - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Expert Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Will we ever see Showcase Presents: The Adventures of Bob Hope? Sad

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum