Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Convention Survival Guide 2010

+14
Hannibal king
GigaToast
Silent K
Mnemosis
Airwolf
TENIME_art
MillionDollarGeek
Rath99
potatojoe
Ska
Joshua
Chi-Town Spidey
THALASTDRAGON
Denim
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok, figured I would start this off, just a guide of what to bring. Please add to it. I am tailoring this a bit to C2E2, but can be used for any con anywhere.

1. Money, money, money. Best to budget what you want to spend at teh con and budget what you need to live. Remember, food and place to sleep are a reqirement. That original page of Omaha the Cat Dancer in which she is bending over getting it rancor style on sale for 100 bucks is a want and not a requirement.

2. Snacks. Buy them from a grocery store. Bag of chips at hotels tend to be about a dollar more then they are at the grocery store and at the convention center they are more then likely two dollars more then the grocery store.

3. Asprin. Ibuprofin, Acetaminophen, etc, etc. always good to have these handy for headaches and such. Remember, that said asprin, not crack coacaine.

4. Regarding food, make sure you eat. A bit of a warning for C2E2 people, Downtown fast food places such as McDonalds and Burger King, are priced slightly higher then what you are used to. Something about them being downtown ,makes the price go up. I blame the river and Daley.

5. Shop around, I know it is tempting to grab that item you have been wanting and looking for the first time you see it, but make sure you are getting the best price for it.

6. For you smokers out there, ciggerattes in Chicago are around 8 bucks a pack,. and even more expensive Downtown, if you are travelling from out of state and they are cheaper where you live, I highly recommend you bring enough so you wont have to buy in
Chicago.

I will add more when I think of more.

Last edited by Denim on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added spaces in between as to not kill the eyes)

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

2Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:03 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

good call makin this, i was actually thinkin about this tha other day. we had one on tha wumb that had plenty additions to it

1. Money, money, money. Best to budget what you want to spend at teh con and budget what you need to live. Remember, food and place to sleep are a reqirement. That original page of Omaha the Cat Dancer in which she is bending over getting it rancor style on sale for 100 bucks is a want and not a requirement.

2. Snacks. Buy them from a grocery store. Bag of chips at hotels tend to be about a dollar more then they are at the grocery store and at the convention center they are more then likely two dollars more then the grocery store.
2b. (TLD) I like to keep some candy (usually skittles or razzles) and juice or
pop in my backpack throughout tha day, usually from gas stations.

3. Asprin. Ibuprofin, Acetaminophen, etc, etc. always good to have these handy for headaches and such. Remember, that said asprin, not crack coacaine.

4. Regarding food, make sure you eat. A bit of a warning for C2E2 people, Downtown fast food places such as McDonalds and Burger King, are priced slightly higher then what you are used to. Something about them being downtown, makes the price go up. I blame the river and Daley.

5. Shop around, I know it is tempting to grab that item you have been wanting and looking for the first time you see it, but make sure you are getting the best price for it. Keep that program handy so u can mark retailers to return to later. And if so inclined, im sure other people will be willing to keep an eye out for items u may be looking for.

6. For you smokers out there, ciggerattes in Chicago are around 8 bucks a pack,. and even more expensive Downtown, if you are travelling from out of state and they are cheaper where you live, I highly recommend you bring enough so you wont have to buy in
Chicago.

7. Have that battle plan ready, with so much goin on at tha same time, prioritizing and knowin where things are help tremendously.

8. Meet every PoP! member, lol. This is a must for C2E2. Also, be in group picture.

9. Make sure u have all ur chargers...phone, camera, and whatever else u need charged (yes ladies that can include those special toys lol, i couldnt avoid throwin that one in)

10. Although im not sure how theyre doing a badge system or whatever, keep it in a safe place, cuz im sure it will be hell to prove u belong and to get it replaced.

3Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:26 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

1. Money, money, money. Best to budget what you want to spend at teh con and budget what you need to live. Remember, food and place to sleep are a reqirement. That original page of Omaha the Cat Dancer in which she is bending over getting it rancor style on sale for 100 bucks is a want and not a requirement. CASH! Not everyone has a credit card machine and getting the cash beforehand would save you a stupid ATM machine fee.

4. Regarding food, make sure you eat. A bit of a warning for C2E2 people, Downtown fast food places such as McDonalds and Burger King, are priced slightly higher then what you are used to. Something about them being downtown, makes the price go up. I blame the river and Daley.

5. Shop around, I know it is tempting to grab that item you have been wanting and looking for the first time you see it, but make sure you are getting the best price for it. Keep that program handy so u can mark retailers to return to later. And if so inclined, im sure other people will be willing to keep an eye out for items u may be looking for.

Chicago.

7. Have that battle plan ready, with so much goin on at tha same time, prioritizing and knowin where things are help tremendously.

8. Meet every PoP! member, lol. This is a must for C2E2. Also, be in group picture.

9. Make sure u have all ur chargers...phone, camera, and whatever else u need charged (yes ladies that can include those special toys lol, i couldnt avoid throwin that one in)

10. Although im not sure how theyre doing a badge system or whatever, keep it in a safe place, cuz im sure it will be hell to prove u belong and to get it replaced.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

4Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

11. Bring condoms.

5Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:11. Bring condoms.

Looks like someone wants to get laid during C2E2? Wink *does his best british impression* AY GOVERNOR! yes

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

6Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:42 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

Joshua wrote:11. Bring condoms.

thats automatic

7Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:07 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

1. Money, money, money. Best to budget what you want to spend at teh con and budget what you need to live. Remember, food and place to sleep are a reqirement. That original page of Omaha the Cat Dancer in which she is bending over getting it rancor style on sale for 100 bucks is a want and not a requirement. CASH! Not everyone has a credit card machine and getting the cash beforehand would save you a stupid ATM machine fee.

Chicago.

11. Bring condoms.

12. Wheather in Chicago is unpredictable, especailly in april, be prepared. One day it can be 80 and sunny, the next can be 30 and raining. I blame Global Warming and Manbearpigs.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

8Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:21 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another important part about bringing cash, make sure to get your cash before you go to the con. I heard about kids at ACEN that couldn't get cash because the ATM ran out at the hotel. Not to mention, long lines.

Also, don't forget about limits on your debit card. i.e. If you want to bring 500 cash to the con to blow, and you have a limit of 200 a day, make sure to pull that money out a few days in advance so you can space it out.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

9Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:26 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chicago.

11. Bring condoms.

12. Wheather in Chicago is unpredictable, especailly in april, be prepared. One day it can be 80 and sunny, the next can be 30 and raining. I blame Global Warming and Manbearpigs.

13. Wear comfortable shoes. You're gonna be on your feet all day long.

10Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:36 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:

Tell that to the cosplayers. shake my head

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

11Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:40 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wink

12Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:41 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:1. Money, money, money. Best to budget what you want to spend at teh con and budget what you need to live. Remember, food and place to sleep are a reqirement. That original page of Omaha the Cat Dancer in which she is bending over getting it rancor style on sale for 100 bucks is a want and not a requirement. CASH! Not everyone has a credit card machine and getting the cash beforehand would save you a stupid ATM machine fee.

Chicago.

11. Bring condoms.

14. There are many friends at the con. Use the buddy system. Let other's know if someone is signing or how much an artist is sketching for. Also look out for books and toys that others are looking for.

13Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:03 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
potatojoe wrote:1. Money, money, money. Best to budget what you want to spend at teh con and budget what you need to live. Remember, food and place to sleep are a reqirement. That original page of Omaha the Cat Dancer in which she is bending over getting it rancor style on sale for 100 bucks is a want and not a requirement. CASH! Not everyone has a credit card machine and getting the cash beforehand would save you a stupid ATM machine fee.

Chicago.

11. Bring condoms.

14. There are many friends at the con. Use the buddy system. Let other's know if someone is signing or how much an artist is sketching for. Also look out for books and toys that others are looking for. b2 If you're on twitter, now is the time to activate the mobile icon on your account to follow that person. If not, I say we start off the day getting each other's phone numbers and then massively texting each other all day about it and massively sexting each other all night.

14Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

thats a pretty good idea

15Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:06 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Step 1 should be changed.

Bathe. Bathe & wear deodorant.

16Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:48 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

^^^definitely...gets too hot and then everybody has a mutant sense of smell, so please people do as Chris said, even if u have to do it together lol, which might not be too bad of an idea

17Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

bring a portfolio folder (11x17 is recommended size( or tube to bold prints (if you are buying prints) - 11x17 is standard big print size and or comic boards (original pages that artist drew the comic on). By having these holders - you won't damage the prints and they will be easy to carry! gotta catch them all!

18Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For those traveling make sure you have room in your bag to bring all your swag back home. I like to bring an empty bag and use that to hold everything.

19Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:34 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

^^^definitely, especially for first timers, depending on what ur goin for, u'll be surprised how much u'll be takin back wit u

20Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:35 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Spray bottle - whether it's full of water, or you prefer something a little stronger like Hydrochloric Acid, this is the best way to keep Gemwolf at bay.

21Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:14 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Everyone needs a Kerouac to hold their sign.

22Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Spray bottle - whether it's full of water, or you prefer something a little stronger like Hydrochloric Acid, this is the best way to keep Gemwolf at bay.

Or a taser gun might work...

DONT TASE ME BRO!

23Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:15 am

GigaToast

GigaToast
Ninja
Ninja

Chicago.

11. Bring condoms.

14. There are many friends at the con. Use the buddy system. Let other's know if someone is signing or how much an artist is sketching for. Also look out for books and toys that others are looking for. b2 If you're on twitter, now is the time to activate the mobile icon on your account to follow that person. If not, I say we start off the day getting each other's phone numbers and then massively texting each other all day about it and massively sexting each other all night.

15. BATHE! WEAR DEODORANT!

16. Bring a portfolio (11x17 preferably)or an art tube if you plan on buying prints and/or original pages of art that way they don't get damaged.

17. Bring an empty bag to take all your swag home in.

18. If you plan on getting sketches in a sketchbook make sure you spend a few extra dollars and get a decent one. A lot of times the cheaper ones will fall apart and don't have the best quality paper. If you're paying to get a sketch done (and sometimes it can be a LOT) you want to make sure it's going to last and look as good as possible.

http://www.gigatoast.deviantart.com

24Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

GigaToast wrote:1. Money, money, money. Best to budget what you want to spend at teh con and budget what you need to live. Remember, food and place to sleep are a reqirement. That original page of Omaha the Cat Dancer in which she is bending over getting it rancor style on sale for 100 bucks is a want and not a requirement. CASH! Not everyone has a credit card machine and getting the cash beforehand would save you a stupid ATM machine fee.

Chicago.

11. Bring condoms.

15. BATHE! WEAR DEODORANT!

16. Bring a portfolio (11x17 preferably)or an art tube if you plan on buying prints and/or original pages of art that way they don't get damaged.

17. Bring an empty bag to take all your swag home in.

18. If you plan on getting sketches in a sketchbook make sure you spend a few extra dollars and get a decent one. A lot of times the cheaper ones will fall apart and don't have the best quality paper. If you're paying to get a sketch done (and sometimes it can be a LOT) you want to make sure it's going to last and look as good as possible.

19. If you're into autographs or pics with your favorite writer or artist. Check to see if they're doing a panel. Typically i've been pretty successful at getting autos or pics right after their panel instead of getting in line and waiting forever.

25Convention Survival Guide 2010 Empty Re: Convention Survival Guide 2010 Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hannibal king wrote:
19. If you're into autographs or pics with your favorite writer or artist. Check to see if they're doing a panel. Typically i've been pretty successful at getting autos or pics right after their panel instead of getting in line and waiting forever.
Addendum: if you are going to attempt the panel signing/photograph, make sure to wait until after the panel is over. Don't be that douchebag who, in the middle of a Q&A, asks if he/she can come up to get something signed and take a picture.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum