Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young Allies

+8
kidspider2099
Administrator
Thundermatts
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Aussiemandias
Spider_Fan14
comicgeekelly
jaydee74
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Wendy and Marvin thing really was the straw the broke the camel's back in my opinion. It made me so angry.

27Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:COVER BY: DAVID LAFUENTE
WRITER: Sean Mckeever
PENCILS: David Baldeon

No fucking thank you. I've already been fisted twice by McKeever and his complete disdain for true fans of characters he writes. He and Liefield are the only two comic book people that I actually considered popping in the nose at the last WWTexas.

I'm not going to read this title because I know McKeever will have Firestar be gang-raped by the Wrecking Crew and disabled somehow. Then he'll have Ricochet mauled by Lockjaw, etc, etc.

FUCK YOU, MCKEEVER.

Shocked

Now I'm curious. What did Mckeever do during his Teen Titans run? And I can sympathize. I've felt this way about many writers so I don't fault anyone here for feeling wary.

28Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:22 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote: Shocked

Now I'm curious. What did Mckeever do during his Teen Titans run? And I can sympathize. I've felt this way about many writers so I don't fault anyone here for feeling wary.

1. Robin became a cloning-obsessed fool who was barely in-character. And, if Robin was going to clone anyone killed recently, why wouldn't he have attempted to clone his father first?

2. The Robin/Wonder Girl guilty romance was forced and awkward and didn't move the story along; rather, the opposite.

3. Wendy and Marvin. McKeever gives them a makeover, makes them actually not lame (although I wish they'd retained their pre-Crisis origins. That would have been cool), and then brings in Wonder Dog. Then, when the fans are squealing with fanboy glee, he has Wonder Dog KILL MARVIN and MAIM WENDY. FUCK YOU, MCKEEVER!!!

4. The death of Marvin wasn't even to introduce a major storyline. It was to introduce...I can't even remember his name. Son of Ares; hated Wonder Girl. And even HE was only around for a fucking issue and a half!

I will never willingly take on a new title with McKeever's name attached, and I will read any current pull that gets him with a huge suspicion as to what he's about to do to those characters. I don't fucking trust him.

Although, he and Greg Land could team up with Matt Fraction and fuck every comic fan in the ass hard in a new title, and the book would likely sell fourteen reprintings.

FUCK YOU, MCKEEVER.

29Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:39 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

1. Robin became a cloning-obsessed fool who was barely in-character. And, if Robin was going to clone anyone killed recently, why wouldn't he have attempted to clone his father first?

2. The Robin/Wonder Girl guilty romance was forced and awkward and didn't move the story along; rather, the opposite.

3. Wendy and Marvin. McKeever gives them a makeover, makes them actually not lame (although I wish they'd retained their pre-Crisis origins. That would have been cool), and then brings in Wonder Dog. Then, when the fans are squealing with fanboy glee, he has Wonder Dog KILL MARVIN and MAIM WENDY. FUCK YOU, MCKEEVER!!!

4. The death of Marvin wasn't even to introduce a major storyline. It was to introduce...I can't even remember his name. Son of Ares; hated Wonder Girl. And even HE was only around for a fucking issue and a half!

I will never willingly take on a new title with McKeever's name attached, and I will read any current pull that gets him with a huge suspicion as to what he's about to do to those characters. I don't fucking trust him.

Although, he and Greg Land could team up with Matt Fraction and fuck every comic fan in the ass hard in a new title, and the book would likely sell fourteen reprintings.

FUCK YOU, MCKEEVER.

Thanks. Now I'm looking at this title in dread because I kind of like Gravity. He, of all people, I would have thought would have been an Avenger or part of the Avengers Academy, especially since he is one of the few true superheroes where he's at.

30Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See, I really don't want McKeever anywhere near Firestar.

31Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

FUCK YOU, MCKEEVER.

I completely agree with all the McKeever hate (as well as the fact that the Young Allies team looks kinda lame). He destroyed the Teen Titans, IMO. However, to be fair, the Robin cloning thing as well as the start of the Robin/Wonder Girl guilty romance was done by Geoff Johns.

One of my biggest problems with McKeever was his handling of Wonder Girl. He took one of my favorite characters and made me hate her.

32Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Sun May 02, 2010 11:35 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

FUCK YOU, MCKEEVER.
Just as I was walking outside today I remembered what he did to Ravager; Made Wondergirl have a full hatred of Ravager and made it so she couldn't be on the team anymore! And the "Deathtrap" storyline sucked.

33Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Sun May 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We should start a sweep. I'm predicting this lasts 8 issues.

34Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Sun May 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll say 10-12.

35Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Sun May 02, 2010 9:44 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm guessing this lasts 6 issues. After the fourth issue they'll solicit it as a miniseries instead of an ongoing.

36Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Mon May 03, 2010 4:33 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Firestar One-shot

This was a decent read that probably gave a deeper look into the character of Angelica Jones. Many people don’t know more about her than the fact that she was one of Spider Man’s AMAZING FRIENDS. Firestar has been a Hellion, an X-Man, a New Warrior, and is now going to be featured in the book Young Allies. I’m hoping that she takes a veteran leadership role in that book, anything less would be a step backward in character development.

This story hashes out her life. It deals with her cancer (which was induced by her powers) and her relationship with her father. It becomes obvious that she isn’t going to stop being a superhero, and she makes a new connection that I think helps show us what kind of person she truly is.
The scene where she takes off the wig and we see the effects that cancer treatment were truly touching panels. This may not have been anything but an informative book but it is worth picking up if you are interested in the character or have had someone with cancer in your life. An uplifting story for sure.

2.5 out of 5 Young Allies

For the record. It will last 1 story arc IMO. There just isn't enough interest in the cast.

37Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:47 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Young Allies #1

Eh this wasn't anything special. The opening scenes were actually solid with that new character Benito in Colombia. But then it just became standard fare with no real intriguing hook, and that's essential with a new series like this. I like the characters for the most part, especially Firestar, but the plot and villains weren't very good IMO. On the fence about picking up issue #2...

Anyone else gave this issue a shot? What did you think?

38Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Young Allies #2

It was actually an improvement over #1 but this book is still lacking a truly engaging hook. The characters are fine, even the "Bastards of Evil" were kinda interesting this time, but I don't see how this book can last beyond an arc or two.

39Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

YOUNG ALLIES Ending with Issue #6

Check it out here:Newsarama

40Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:23 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:We should start a sweep. I'm predicting this lasts 8 issues.

Spider_Fan14 wrote:I'll say 10-12.

comicgeekelly wrote:I'm guessing this lasts 6 issues. After the fourth issue they'll solicit it as a miniseries instead of an ongoing.

jaydee74 wrote:YOUNG ALLIES Ending with Issue #6

Check it out here:Newsarama

That's comicgeekelly for the win. The no-prize is in the mail!

41Young Allies - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Allies Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:08 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You beat me to this but yeah. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum