Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young Justice League

+22
supervenom
Rath99
Sandman
AlienIncognito
riv1
G_Zatara
Velociraptor DJ
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Spazzy
kidspider2099
elijahdprophet
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Batman25JM
superdoug
jaydee74
alucardbarnivous
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1Young Justice League Empty Young Justice League Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

A new Teen Titans/Young Justice animated show? Looks like it.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/02/02/new-dc-animated-series-young-justice-league/

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

2Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

sweet! Smile

i really liked Young Justice and i kinda wish all the main YJers were there but the proposed lineup is ok to me.

3Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Arrowette looks different. Wonder what kind of direction they'll take it. I don't know why, but I have this feeling of an Avengers: UtS. Hopefully just a feeling. I want Lil Lobo, dag-fraggit!
Young Justice League 200px-Lil_Lobo_(Slo-Bo)

4Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Arrowette looks different. Wonder what kind of direction they'll take it. I don't know why, but I have this feeling of an Avengers: UtS. Hopefully just a feeling. I want Lil Lobo, dag-fraggit!
what's a UtS? but yeah i hope it can be serious but fun like the comic was too. And i want Impulse!

5Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Doubley yes on Impulse. He's the main reason I want to back-issue Young Justice.

Oh, and UTS is "United They Stand," which was the subtitle to the sole Avengers cartoon. It was pretty boring without all the actual Avengers.

6Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:40 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not familiar with Young Justice. Anybody well known on that team? Either way, I hope it's done by somebody who knows DC.

7Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I'm not familiar with Young Justice. Anybody well known on that team? Either way, I hope it's done by somebody who knows DC.
Wonder Girl, Superboy, Robin, Kid Flash (Formerly Impulse), Red Tornado, Empress (the chick who got beat up in FInal Crisis number one) are some of the major ones and a quasi reunion occured in the Wonder Girl mini.

8Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:51 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sounds cool, maybe it'll feature Tim Drake? It's a long shot... but this isn't a Bruce Timm project, is it?

9Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I'm not familiar with Young Justice. Anybody well known on that team? Either way, I hope it's done by somebody who knows DC.

Superboy, Robin, and Impulse started hanging out and other heroes like Arrowette and Wonder Girl started hanging around too after they found the Red Tornado's abandoned body in the League's first HQ of Happy Harbor and they formed a team. They didn't wanted to be Teen Titans, especially since there was already a Titans team around, and they wanted to be Justice Leaguers so they called themselves Young Jutice League, or just Young Justice for short.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

10Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting.

11Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:48 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote: so they called themselves Young Jutice League, or just Young Justice for short.

Actually, they weren't any kind of team initially. They'd just teamed up, and a reporter asked them 'Are you the Young Justice League?' to which Superboy replied 'No, we're young, just us.' The reporter christened the team Young Justice in her report, and after the events of World Without Grownups, they decided to be a regular team. Smile

12Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am SUPER excited. I just hope it's more like the DCAU than Teen Titans. I liked TT, but I prefer the tone of the DCAU. I'd love it if it was in DCAU continuity (though I'm sure it won't be).

I'm curious to know why the are going with Nightwing and not Robin. I LOVE Nightwing, but I like Robin (Tim Drake) more. Also, I kinda wish they'd go with Speedy (Mia Dearden) instead of Arrowette. I know Speedy wasn't in Young Justice, but then again neither was Nightwing.

I've always wanted to read the Young Justice comic and now my desire has been renewed.

BlueMaxx wrote:Arrowette looks different. Wonder what kind of direction they'll take it. I don't know why, but I have this feeling of an Avengers: UtS. Hopefully just a feeling. I want Lil Lobo, dag-fraggit!

I hope they don't do (lil) Lobo, at least not as a regular member. I've never liked Lobo.

Avengers: United They Stand did kinda suck, but I LOVE the theme song. I still sing it in my head when I read the comic.

13Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I am SUPER excited. I just hope it's more like the DCAU than Teen Titans. I liked TT, but I prefer the tone of the DCAU. I'd love it if it was in DCAU continuity (though I'm sure it won't be).

I'm curious to know why the are going with Nightwing and not Robin. I LOVE Nightwing, but I like Robin (Tim Drake) more. Also, I kinda wish they'd go with Speedy (Mia Dearden) instead of Arrowette. I know Speedy wasn't in Young Justice, but then again neither was Nightwing.
i'd rather see Arrowette first since i've read a bit more of her then Speedy and maybe there's a good reason for the Nightwing hopefully. Also on the tone i think that they said they were going a bit more DCAUish then TT but it's still probably a seperate thing.

14Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Young Justice League 1271877932
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/04/21/young-justice-animated-series-officially-announced/
Back in February, word broke that a "Young Justice" animated series was in the works when Stephanie Lemelin revealed that she had been cast as Arrowette. And while the young actress subsequently removed the post from her website, the official confirmation has finally been made.

Earlier today at Cartoon Network's Upfront presentation in New York, it was announced that the new "Young Justice" animated series will debut on Cartoon Network during the 2010 - 2011 season.

The series will focus on Robin, Superboy, Artemis, Kid Flash, Miss Martian and Aqualad as they attempt to prove that they have what it takes to become the next generation of the Justice League. Sam Register ("Batman: The Brave and the Bold") is the executive producer with Greg Weisman ("The Spectacular Spider-Man") and Brandon Vietti ("The Batman") on board as producers.

The "Young Justice" comic book series debuted in 1998 and ran for 55 issues. Although the concept was created by Todd DeZago and artist Todd Nauck, the majority of the series was written by prolific comic book scribe Peter David.

It's interesting to note that Wonder Girl and Secret — two of the primary characters in the "Young Justice" comic — are missing from the animated lineup. Additionally, Arrowette has apparently been renamed "Artemis."

The animated "Young Justice" also appears to be heavily influenced by the "Teen Titans" relaunch by Geoff Johns, that featured Impluse as Kid Flash and later introduced Miss Martian to the DC Universe.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

15Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very Happy Very Happy

16Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^(Paroxysm's post) Oh my god!! I'm shaking with anticipation. I just LOVE the Teen Titans, and while this may technically be Young Justice, it's basically the Teen Titans.

I love the looks of this team. I'm curious as to which Robin that is. It looks like Tim Drake, and since Superboy is on the team (and Tim was in Young Justice in the comics) I'm going to assume that it is indeed Tim, but since it was rumored that Nightwing would be on the team then I'm still wondering if the Robin here is Dick. I have to say, I love the design for Robin.

I'm also curious as to who Kid Flash is. I'd make more sense if it was Bart, but it looks more like Wally to me. I hope it's Bart, but either way I'm just happy that Kid Flash will be a member of the team. That's one thing that bugged me about the Teen Titans cartoon, the fact that Flash wasn't a member.

I wish they'd tweak Conner's look in the comics to look more like his look in that picture. I like the cargo style pants better than the jeans looking pants in the comics.

I still wish that they'd have gone with Speedy (Mia Dearden) instead of Arrowette/Artemis, but whatever.

I also wish that Wonder Girl (Cassie) was on the team. However, there is always hope of her being added later.

The fact that Greg Weisman is attached to this has me ecstatic. I just know the show will be great with him on board.

17Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It actually comes off as a Teen Titans-esque Young Justice. Laughing

I might tune in. But I don't know. I smell X-Men Evolution, which wasn't bad, but it was super-fantastic. Not trying to be a downer, I want it to be good.

18Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

is aqua-lad black or am i just nuts?

19Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:24 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

colossus1979 wrote:is aqua-lad black or am i just nuts?

I think they did that to add a little diversity to the team. Young Justice was pretty white until Empress joined, iirc.

I am really hoping that this is written with the same sense of humor YJ had. So good.

20Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The original Tempest on Doom Patrol, Joshua Clay, was black. neutral

21Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:59 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'm thinking that the black kid is joto.

22Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm sold. Robin+Superboy plus Greg Weisman= Win

23Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:16 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:i'm thinking that the black kid is joto.
That could be, thought the credits did say Aqualad.

24Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:40 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This looks really cool. I like the art style on this.

25Young Justice League Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:
colossus1979 wrote:is aqua-lad black or am i just nuts?

I think they did that to add a little diversity to the team. Young Justice was pretty white until Empress joined, iirc.

I am really hoping that this is written with the same sense of humor YJ had. So good.
Yeah, me too. I found a interview from Peter David on his time with YJ and it was really good. There's a story where Impulse loses his memory and becomes Batman...from the 1960's series!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum