Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young Justice League

+22
supervenom
Rath99
Sandman
AlienIncognito
riv1
G_Zatara
Velociraptor DJ
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Spazzy
kidspider2099
elijahdprophet
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Batman25JM
superdoug
jaydee74
alucardbarnivous
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

26Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:27 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The fact that Greg Weisman is attached to this has me ecstatic. I just know the show will be great with him on board.

Marvel's loss is DC's gain.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

27Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:i'm thinking that the black kid is joto.

My first thought was Arsenal.

28Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:45 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:i'm thinking that the black kid is joto.

My first thought was Arsenal.

IT'S AQUALAD. Yeesh! tongue

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Personally, I think that Aqualad is going to turn out to be an amalgam of Garth, Koryak, and Arthur Jr. (hence the blue eyes and blonde hair).

29Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:48 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
IT'S AQUALAD. Yeesh! tongue

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Personally, I think that Aqualad is going to turn out to be an amalgam of Garth, Koryak, and Arthur Jr. (hence the blue eyes and blonde hair).

Koryak makes sense.

30Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Koryak the Lando Clarrisian of Atlantis, right?

31Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:
colossus1979 wrote:is aqua-lad black or am i just nuts?

I think they did that to add a little diversity to the team. Young Justice was pretty white until Empress joined, iirc.

I am really hoping that this is written with the same sense of humor YJ had. So good.

I'm actually hoping it doesn't have the same sense of humor the comic had. I've only read the first five issue of the comic (so far), but I wasn't that big of a fan of it. It was too jokey, and I HATED them breaking the fourth wall. I

We already had a jokey/funny Teen Titans series (I liked the series, but it was a little too goofy), I think it's time for a more serious cartoon about teenage superheroes. That doesn't mean I don't think it could have some comedy, the DCAU shows threw some in, but they maintained a serieous undertone and I hope that is seen in the Young Justice Cartoon.

alucardbarnivous wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:The fact that Greg Weisman is attached to this has me ecstatic. I just know the show will be great with him on board.

Marvel's loss is DC's gain.

QFT!

32Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:The original Tempest on Doom Patrol, Joshua Clay, was black. neutral

yeah, but then aqualad took his name i believe. either way i don't MIND but i'd rather them just make a black character...i dunno LOOK BLACK! spyke on x-men evolution was the same deal, black kid with wacky blonde hair and like blue eyes i think, and he talked like a surfer and was a skater. and yes i know black people do most of these things if not all, it just there aren't that many black superheroes on tv in general anymore, throwing one on just for having it there is like "bah!" to me. aqualad is white, just make like a kid black lightning or mr. terrific even, harder to fit i suppose but it'd be more comic accurate for me. i just don't wanna go to a different fourm or comment site and see the same crap i usually see "they did it to keep black comic readers happy....blah blah.....racial blah blah..."

33Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I kinda would have liked it if they had put Static on the team.

34Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

35Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:11 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I kinda would have liked it if they had put Static on the team.

that would be awesome! did they even make him a part of DC continutiy like they claimed he was going to be?

36Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^I kinda would have liked it if they had put Static on the team.

that would be awesome! did they even make him a part of DC continutiy like they claimed he was going to be?

Yeah, they did.

37Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:Young Justice League - Page 2 1271877932

Nice to see Spyke is still getting acting gigs in this economy.
Young Justice League - Page 2 Spyke-10

whistle

BlueMaxx wrote:The original Tempest on Doom Patrol, Joshua Clay, was black. neutral

And he was awesome in Blackest Night. Sad that he was cooler dead than alive. I hope they bring back some version of him, possibly bring him back to life but with the zombie version's attitude and sense of humor. He'd make a wonderful villain.

colossus1979 wrote:

yeah, but then aqualad took his name i believe. either way i don't MIND but i'd rather them just make a black character...i dunno LOOK BLACK! spyke on x-men evolution was the same deal, black kid with wacky blonde hair and like blue eyes i think, and he talked like a surfer and was a skater. and yes i know black people do most of these things if not all, it just there aren't that many black superheroes on tv in general anymore, throwing one on just for having it there is like "bah!" to me. aqualad is white, just make like a kid black lightning or mr. terrific even, harder to fit i suppose but it'd be more comic accurate for me. i just don't wanna go to a different fourm or comment site and see the same crap i usually see "they did it to keep black comic readers happy....blah blah.....racial blah blah..."

I agree with this...

...and this as well. They should have used Static. At least he has a fan base within comics and among TV viewers. Seems like a missed opportunity.

38Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

bottom line is the show looks like it's gonna be good, hopefully it won't have 2 season and get cancelled for no reason because mar...er i mean DC wants to revamp an already revamped idea

39Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:23 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:bottom line is the show looks like it's gonna be good, hopefully it won't have 2 season and get cancelled for no reason because mar...er i mean DC wants to revamp an already revamped idea

Indeed.

40Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. That dude does look like Spike. Not sure why they didn't use Static either unless they just wanted to use straight up DC characters and not characters from DC bought companies. I hope this is good as well. I loved comic related cartoons.

41Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:35 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

here's the interview with Peter David:
http://www.earthsmightiest.com/fansites/writersblock/news/?a=6590

Part 2:
http://www.earthsmightiest.com/fansites/writersblock/news/?a=6589

Part 3:
http://www.earthsmightiest.com/fansites/writersblock/news/?a=6588

All 3 parts are terrific.

42Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:24 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

43Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:50 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ dude, you beat me to the punch on that!

44Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:

Eeeekkk!!!

I can't wait for this!!!

I just LOVE the designs/animation.

I still really want to know which Robin that is. I'm hoping it's Tim Drake.

45Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:12 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I still really want to know which Robin that is. I'm hoping it's Tim Drake.

It's Dick Grayson, from a number of sites, and easily surmised when they state that it's only been 10 years since Superman and Batman came on the scene. If this Robin is the most experienced with 4 years under his belt, then he would almost have to be the first Robin, since Batman worked solo for a number of years before taking on Robin.

According to the other things I've read, they're making this Universe part of the 52, and it takes place on Earth-16. Which sort of explains the inconsistencies: Grayson as Robin and West as Kid Flash on the same team with Conner Kent, Miss Martian, and the new Aqualad...new universe, new rules and history. Smile

I can't wait to see it. I just hope Cartoon Network or whoever airs it does the right thing and doesn't do us like they did on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

46Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Well, they still could have gone with Tim even if Superman and Batman had only been around 10 years.

Honestly, this greatly disappoints me. I want a new animated Tim Drake. One that is closer to his comic counterpart.

I really wish they had gone with Tim and Bart instead of Dick and Wally. They could have had Dick guest star as Nightwing.

I just don't understand why, if they are using the name Young Justice, they couldn't have gone with Tim and Bart. Especially since Conner is on the team.

47Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I still really want to know which Robin that is. I'm hoping it's Tim Drake.

It's Dick Grayson, from a number of sites, and easily surmised when they state that it's only been 10 years since Superman and Batman came on the scene. If this Robin is the most experienced with 4 years under his belt, then he would almost have to be the first Robin, since Batman worked solo for a number of years before taking on Robin.

According to the other things I've read, they're making this Universe part of the 52, and it takes place on Earth-16. Which sort of explains the inconsistencies: Grayson as Robin and West as Kid Flash on the same team with Conner Kent, Miss Martian, and the new Aqualad...new universe, new rules and history. Smile

I can't wait to see it. I just hope Cartoon Network or whoever airs it does the right thing and doesn't do us like they did on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Batman25JM wrote:^Well, they still could have gone with Tim even if Superman and Batman had only been around 10 years.

Honestly, this greatly disappoints me. I want a new animated Tim Drake. One that is closer to his comic counterpart.

I really wish they had gone with Tim and Bart instead of Dick and Wally. They could have had Dick guest star as Nightwing.

I just don't understand why, if they are using the name Young Justice, they couldn't have gone with Tim and Bart. Especially since Conner is on the team.
Well, this knocked the groove off a great day for me. At least Bart will be on the Flash episode of Batman Brave and the Bold.

48Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, I'm still SUPER excited for Young Justice, but I am greatly disappointed that Tim and Bart won't be a part of the team.

Also, Bart isn't in the Flash episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The episode has Barry, Jay, and Wally, but no Bart.

49Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DICK GRAYSON?! In YOUNG JUSTICE?! Well....

thumbs up

50Young Justice League - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Well, at least someone is happy. Smile

I LOVE Dick Grayson, but I LOVE Tim Drake more. I just wish he was the Robin. We've had plenty of Dick Robin in animation. We need more Tim Robin.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum