Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Light

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Light Empty The Light Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Light #1 of 5
Writer: Nathan Edmondson
Art: Brett Weldele
Image Comics

This is one of those books that lets Image still contend for that “indy” label that a lot of people force onto them. Having creator owned properties are what allow things like this to be made available to the masses.

I have to admit that the book wasn’t to my liking. I think that it will read much better as a graphic novel when all 5 installments are collected. This book definitely has an independent feel to it, but I don’t think there was enough story in the first issue to make me care about reading the rest.

Basically we have the main character, Coyle, a looser that has some issues keeping a job and keeping his hands to himself. Then we have a strange occurrence. People look into light and mystically burst into flames. Good think Coyle was a welder and had welding glasses to protect him. ( sarcasm goes here)

He watches his mom combust then tries to flee with his daughter from the light and find some help, or maybe just steel the car to go find his wife. It was probably the later, because almost everything in this book is predictable so far. Wel his daughter has to play the role of Lot’s wife and take off her blindfold so she can turn to cinder an ashes like everybody else.

The book is pretty, but I think there was too much story left out to keep interest. Wait for the trade on this one, then it may even be good.

2 out of 5 Spontaneous Combustions

2The Light Empty Re: The Light Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:11 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

crud. meant to do an edit of the top one.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum