Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Rogers: Super Soldier

+10
Aussiemandias
vikoros
MikeSabian
jaydee74
Batman25JM
comicgeekelly
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:12 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I have to say that I'm loving Steve's new costume. I love him not being Cap right now and Bucky continuing on. I REALLY hope that they keep this up for a good LONG time.
I agree. If anything, I think this makes Steve even more of an important character in the Marvel Universe. It's why he's always been my favorite Marvel character. He just reeks of awesome.

27Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^QFT.

28Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It does look great. Because this is only a mini series I'm hoping it means Eaglesham might return to the Fantastic Four.

29Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:16 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait for this.

30Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Me neither. I'm shaking in anticipation.

31Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want this to be out already. NOW!

32Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:05 pm

Frank M. Reding

Frank M. Reding
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

As costumes go this one looks okay. I'd drop the shoulder stars myself but still it looks okay.

Now for some questions?

1.) Why did they bring Steve Rogers back? When they killed him I seem to recall Quesada saying he was no longer relevant. He wasn't hip. He was out of touch with today. Steve didn't know what mp3's or Facebook was or whatever crap excuses he used to justify that story. Way to judge someones worth there Quesada. But if that was reason enough for him to no longer be Cap then why bring him back at all much less in this new role.

2.) Whatever Steve's new role will be its obviously of a covert nature. But he gave up his secret ID before Civil War. EVERYONE knows what he looks like. How covert can he be?

3.) Why won't he be using a shield? It defined him as a hero and was unique to him despite others who later copied him. It was a part of him and his whole fighting system was based around it. Having him running around like some James Bond wannabe with gadgets and guns makes about as much sense as Clint Barton giving up his bow and arrows.

33Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:08 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Frank M. Reding wrote:As costumes go this one looks okay. I'd drop the shoulder stars myself but still it looks okay.
The costume in my opinion is supposed to look a bit like the Fighting American who was also created by Simon and Kirby so that's why you have the shoulder stars.
Frank M. Reding wrote:
Now for some questions?

1.) Why did they bring Steve Rogers back? When they killed him I seem to recall Quesada saying he was no longer relevant. He wasn't hip. He was out of touch with today. Steve didn't know what mp3's or Facebook was or whatever crap excuses he used to justify that story. Way to judge someones worth there Quesada. But if that was reason enough for him to no longer be Cap then why bring him back at all much less in this new role.
I am sure it was always Marvel's intention to bring him back. Considering that Steve is the star of the Captain America movie, it wouldn't make sense to have him dead when the movie comes out. As for the new role, I think it's a refreshing new step for the character. So many times, you have the original character come back and the person who was in the lead role either die or fade into the background. I like what they are currently doing with Steve and Bucky. It's interesting.
Frank M. Reding wrote:
2.) Whatever Steve's new role will be its obviously of a covert nature. But he gave up his secret ID before Civil War. EVERYONE knows what he looks like. How covert can he be?
I guess we'll find out. I do think that it's kind of silly to be covert with your face exposed but Brubaker is writing Steve in Secret Avengers and he does such a good job with the character, I am sure whatever he's got in mind will work.
Frank M. Reding wrote:
3.) Why won't he be using a shield? It defined him as a hero and was unique to him despite others who later copied him. It was a part of him and his whole fighting system was based around it. Having him running around like some James Bond wannabe with gadgets and guns makes about as much sense as Clint Barton giving up his bow and arrows.
Because I think this is a new phase in the life of Steve Rogers and to be quite honest, the shield is a symbol of Captain America and not Steve Rogers. I think Bucky has proved his worth in the role and with the shield and Steve is moving on to something that I think will be really great.

34Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:19 pm

Frank M. Reding

Frank M. Reding
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

jaydee74 wrote:
Frank M. Reding wrote:As costumes go this one looks okay. I'd drop the shoulder stars myself but still it looks okay.
The costume in my opinion is supposed to look a bit like the Fighting American who was also created by Simon and Kirby so that's why you have the shoulder stars.
Frank M. Reding wrote:
Now for some questions?

I am sure it was always Marvel's intention to bring him back.

I don't doubt that. My point was why the hard sell from Quesada about trying to justify this story by saying how out of step with the times Steve was. There was no valid reason for Steve to die other than as a sales stunt. But it didn't have to be that way. Would BuckyCap be any less motivated to take up his friend's mantle if Steve were locked up for treason instead of dead?

Considering that Steve is the star of the Captain America movie, it wouldn't make sense to have him dead when the movie comes out.

But will he be Cap again when the movie comes out? If not then what does it really matter whether he's alive or not. The movies are a seperate entity from the comics and marketing issues aside they should have no bearing at all on the comics in my opinion.

As for the new role, I think it's a refreshing new step for the character. So many times, you have the original character come back and the person who was in the lead role either die or fade into the background. I like what they are currently doing with Steve and Bucky. It's interesting.

To each their own my friend. Smile

Frank M. Reding wrote:
Because I think this is a new phase in the life of Steve Rogers and to be quite honest, the shield is a symbol of Captain America and not Steve Rogers.

I didn't say it had to be the shield....

Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 TheCaptainSteveRogers

35Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Steve's death did play into something with the Marvel Universe overall. It was one part of the whole "Dark Reign" mood if you ask me. Also, it allowed Bucky to become the new Captain America as he would have never taken on the role if Steve was alive. I didn't mind his death all that much. I thought his return wasn't all that great but it did help bring in the Heroic Age and overall, the death and return of Steve Rogers was pretty well played within the Marvel Universe. As for Joe and his comments? I don't ever really put a lot of stock in what he has to say to be honest.

Whether or not Steve will be Captain America by that point is an interesting one. I'm not sure to be honest. I like Steve as he is right now. I love the costume he's wearing and other than missing him using the shield, I think we're going to see an evolution of Steve Rogers where he doesn't need the Captain America persona to be effective. As for the movie, I am sure you will see Marvel push a lot of "classic" Captain America trades with Steve Rogers in the role.

As for the shield, maybe he'll get a new one. I don't know. You have U.S. Agent who has a shield and you have Patriot from the Young Avengers who has a shield and I think Nomad uses a energy shield as well. If Steve gets another shield, I would be happy but time will tell I guess.

36Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:31 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Steve Rogers: Super Solder #1

I thought this was great.

I'm absolutely loving Steve's new status, as well as his new costume.

I've very intrigued by this book. I really want to know what's going on.

So, that woman who Steve knew during the war, is she a pre-established character?

37Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm also curious about Steve's new shield thing. It was shown here, and in the last issue of Secret Avengers. Has it even been explained? Have they said exactly what it is? Is it just an energy shield?

38Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I'm also curious about Steve's new shield thing. It was shown here, and in the last issue of Secret Avengers. Has it even been explained? Have they said exactly what it is? Is it just an energy shield?

Really? They're going with the energy shield again?

39Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:37 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I'm also curious about Steve's new shield thing. It was shown here, and in the last issue of Secret Avengers. Has it even been explained? Have they said exactly what it is? Is it just an energy shield?

Really? They're going with the energy shield again?

Yeah, it seems that way. Unless they state otherwise I don't see what else it could be.

I like it for the fact that he isn't carrying around a shield at all times.

40Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:05 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

SR: SS #1

Ed Brubaker can really do no wrong. With the Secret Avengers becoming Marvel's latest hot comodity, some solo books are starting to branch out from the grouping.

This week Moon Knight kicks off stories tying into the group's progress and struggle, and this week America's latest Top Law Operative gets his own mini. Not only does Super Soldier branch out ideas that fell out of Bru's magnificent Captain America run, Rebirth mini, and even the Marvels Project; it's his own version of James Bond, all with the quirks of a super serumed-up soldier, of course.

Fantastic Four's Dale Eaglesham does a great job combining his buff figuritive stance (that slightly turned off some FF diehards) with the mirky espionage of past and present Captain America artists. In other words, Eaglesham's world isn't as bright and cheerful as FF yet still maintains many of the quality characteristics. Just check out the focus on a hired thug with some serum gone bad. Yes, the story is very similar to Aaron's run on Weapon X (Adamantium Men), but I believe that was just for this opener. Brubaker's much too good to repeat a fellow writer's plotline.

Being that Bru's writing is so consistently solid, perhaps even level-headed with the topical situations he writes (espionage), this mini might seem all too familiar. Then again, have you ever imagined Steve Rogers firing guns, dressing undercover, sporting energy shields and hoisting himself through skyrises? This is a new take on the original Captain America and I'm enjoying every moment. Let's hope this status quo lasts long enough to make an impact.

4/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

41Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:36 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is a mini-series, right?

42Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:38 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ I'm not sure. The cover sure made it look like an ongoing. If it is I'll be fine with that. Brubaker writes Steve better than any other writer I've read do Cap.

43Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:22 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:^^^ I'm not sure. The cover sure made it look like an ongoing. If it is I'll be fine with that. Brubaker writes Steve better than any other writer I've read do Cap.

I was curious because if it is, then I was going to wait for trade. However, if it's an on-going, then I have to get that issue. STAT!

44Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:48 am

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

If you go by the "Comics coming out July 8th" thread in "Comics in General" the list says it's a mini series.

STEVE ROGERS SUPER-SOLDIER #1 (OF 4) $3.99

http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

45Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Then trade it is.

46Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:SR: SS #1

Ed Brubaker can really do no wrong. With the Secret Avengers becoming Marvel's latest hot comodity, some solo books are starting to branch out from the grouping.

This week Moon Knight kicks off stories tying into the group's progress and struggle, and this week America's latest Top Law Operative gets his own mini. Not only does Super Soldier branch out ideas that fell out of Bru's magnificent Captain America run, Rebirth mini, and even the Marvels Project; it's his own version of James Bond, all with the quirks of a super serumed-up soldier, of course.

Fantastic Four's Dale Eaglesham does a great job combining his buff figuritive stance (that slightly turned off some FF diehards) with the mirky espionage of past and present Captain America artists. In other words, Eaglesham's world isn't as bright and cheerful as FF yet still maintains many of the quality characteristics. Just check out the focus on a hired thug with some serum gone bad. Yes, the story is very similar to Aaron's run on Weapon X (Adamantium Men), but I believe that was just for this opener. Brubaker's much too good to repeat a fellow writer's plotline.

Being that Bru's writing is so consistently solid, perhaps even level-headed with the topical situations he writes (espionage), this mini might seem all too familiar. Then again, have you ever imagined Steve Rogers firing guns, dressing undercover, sporting energy shields and hoisting himself through skyrises? This is a new take on the original Captain America and I'm enjoying every moment. Let's hope this status quo lasts long enough to make an impact.

4/5

Yep, loved this. I totally felt the James Bond vibe too. Bru has given non-Cap Steve such a kick ass role in the Marvel Universe.

47Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really liked issue #1 also. The super soldier serum storyline has probably been used before but I don't really mind. I think Brubaker's going to give us a great 4 issue adventure featuring gorgeous art from Dale Eaglesham who I think is just perfect for this book.

I think the Erskine family are doomed to very short comic book lives.

Should be interesting to see who the head of security is. Wonder if it will be someone we know?

48Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:05 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 2 was good, but I'm just wondering; did anybody else have no idea who the Machinesmith was?

49Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, I didn't know who he was offhand, but I've since looked him up.

Steve Rogers: Super Soldier #2

Loved it. I've said it before, but I just LOVE Steve's new role in the MU.

I so wish this was an ongoing.

50Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:03 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If Steve Rogers: Super Soldier was a backup to Captain America, that book would be worth the $3.99 it's currently at.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum