Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Rogers: Super Soldier

+10
Aussiemandias
vikoros
MikeSabian
jaydee74
Batman25JM
comicgeekelly
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:If Steve Rogers: Super Soldier was a backup to Captain America, that book would be worth the $3.99 it's currently at.

It should be the backup to Cap. They need to get rid of that stupid Nomad backup.

52Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Nomad backup is the reason why I dropped Captain America.

53Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:57 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:The Nomad backup is the reason why I dropped Captain America.

This. Until that is gone I refuse to buy the book.

54Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:The Nomad backup is the reason why I dropped Captain America.

This. Until that is gone I refuse to buy the book.

Same here. It's not worth the money with that lousy backup.

55Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, the backup does bring the book down. I still get it though because I love Brubaker's Cap. Plus, it's no different than me paying $3.99 for the Avengers books. They don't have a backup and I pay more for them. Since I don't read the Nomad backup the book for all intents and purposes doesn't have one.

56Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:35 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I won't buy Captain America because the Nomad backup taints the book and wastes pages that I would be spending money on. If Marvel wants me to spend hard earn money on that book, either take the backup out or put a better backup in.

57Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:34 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm just hoping that more people are thinking like me and they're dropping Cap so that Marvel will see a drop in sales and see that the Nomad backup was the start of the problem.

58Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:54 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:Issue 2 was good, but I'm just wondering; did anybody else have no idea who the Machinesmith was?

I have to admit I was somewhat underwhelmed by the reveal of the villain.

Batman25JM wrote:^Yeah, I didn't know who he was offhand, but I've since looked him up.

Steve Rogers: Super Soldier #2

Loved it. I've said it before, but I just LOVE Steve's new role in the MU.

I so wish this was an ongoing.

Yeah this is good fun. I'm not even sure that this is the greatest story around but I'm enjoying it anyway (it kind of annoys me that nobody can replicate the super soldier serum but this guy has figured out how to deactivate it!). That's possibly partly due to Dale Eaglesham's terrific art - just look at that scene of Steve jumping out of the building for an example. Nice stuff.

59Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Steve Rogers: Super Soldier #3

I enjoyed this quite a bit. I liked Brubaker showing that Steve is more than just the super soldier serum. That he can still kick some as without it, and that he's still highly trained and that counts more than being strong.

60Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:01 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I checked out the latest issue. Can't wait to get this in trade.

61Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:59 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Steve Rogers: Super Soldier #3

I enjoyed this quite a bit. I liked Brubaker showing that Steve is more than just the super soldier serum. That he can still kick some as without it, and that he's still highly trained and that counts more than being strong.

Yeah that was a nice touch. Definitely agree. Overall, as I said before, I think this is a really weak story but I'm finding myself enjoying it anyway and Eaglesham's art is a huge factor in that.

62Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Steve Rogers: Super Soldier #4

I really really enjoyed this. This series as a whole was just a lot of fun. It wasn't the strongest of stories, but it was still a fun read.

The ending was cool. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what comes of it. It was nice that a series with a rather weak plot could have an ending I didn't see coming and that made it more than just a throw away story. I'm wondering where the threads planted here will continue. If it will be in Captain America or Secret Avengers?

I still so want this to be an ongoing or at least a back up in Captain America.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

63Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:55 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The ending really saved this book. It wasn't bad, but it just felt like it was missing something up until the end. I can't wait for it to pay off.

64Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:18 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait for the trade. It looks like a great read.

65Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Steve Rogers: Super Soldier #4

I really really enjoyed this. This series as a whole was just a lot of fun. It wasn't the strongest of stories, but it was still a fun read.

The ending was cool. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what comes of it. It was nice that a series with a rather weak plot could have an ending I didn't see coming and that made it more than just a throw away story. I'm wondering where the threads planted here will continue. If it will be in Captain America or Secret Avengers?

I still so want this to be an ongoing or at least a back up in Captain America.

Yeah the ending was a surprise I didn't see coming at all - I found the overall story pretty mediocre actually but the whole thing for me was really saved by Dale Eaglesham's art.

I do have mixed feelings about the ending however. If these guys are right and they actually do successfully recreate another super soldier I actually hate the idea of Steve Rogers not being special. One of the things that I like about Superman that gets ruined at times is the whole last son of Krypton idea and with Captain America/Steve Rogers it's that the super soldier serum hasn't been able to be replicated. Anyway, it obviously remains to be seen how this all plays out.

And, Bats, it's definitely Secret Avengers where this storyline is continuing - it totally links with everything we've seen there so far.

66Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, you're right about linking with Secret Avengers.

I'm with you about not liking Steve not being special, but I'd be cool if the new super soldiers weren't exactly like Steve. Have them differ somehow.

67Steve Rogers:  Super Soldier - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:52 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Yeah, you're right about linking with Secret Avengers.

I'm with you about not liking Steve not being special, but I'd be cool if the new super soldiers weren't exactly like Steve. Have them differ somehow.

Yeah that would be good. I'd be cool with that idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum