Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Straight Outta Compton

+6
prescribeddrone
Gandicles
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
(._Y_.)
Silent K
ChrisToPhenom
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Straight Outta Compton Empty Straight Outta Compton Mon May 03, 2010 5:36 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

New Line Cinema reps announced to Entertainment Weekly's "Hollywood Insider Blog" that N.W.A's story is in development to become a theatrical release in 2010. According to IMDb, the script was researched and written by filmmaker S. Leigh Savidge and radio veteran Alan Wenkus, who worked closely with Eazy E's widow Tomica Wright. Producing the film will be Tomica Wright, Ice Cube, and Dr. Dre. A director has not been chosen yet; however, the producers are reportedly seeking a helmer on par with 8 Mile director Curtis Hanson. The cast has yet to be disclosed. MC Ren and DJ Yella have not yet commented on whether or not they will be involved in the production. Casting calls begin in the summer of 2010. There has been talks of Lil Eazy-E playing his father Eric "Eazy-E" Wright, and Ice Cube's son and fellow rapper DoughBoy is going to play his father as well.

Straight Outta Compton is the story of the rise and fall of the Compton, California-based group, whose initials read Niggaz With Attitude. The members included drug dealer turned label founder Eazy-E, young disc jockey Dr. Dre and the politically bent Ice Cube, plus MC Ren and DJ Yella.

Straight Outta Compton Straight-outta-compton-nwa-movie

2Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

They made this. It was called CB4.

3Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Mon May 03, 2010 6:17 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:They made this. It was called CB4.

Straight outta Locash a crazy mutherfucker named Gusto... I fuck your wife cause the bitch is a big ho.

that movie is the best and it's got Eddie Murphy's brother in it.

4Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:News-

New Line Cinema reps announced to Entertainment Weekly's "Hollywood Insider Blog" that N.W.A's story is in development to become a theatrical release in 2010. According to IMDb, the script was researched and written by filmmaker S. Leigh Savidge and radio veteran Alan Wenkus, who worked closely with Eazy E's widow Tomica Wright. Producing the film will be Tomica Wright, Ice Cube, and Dr. Dre. A director has not been chosen yet; however, the producers are reportedly seeking a helmer on par with 8 Mile director Curtis Hanson. The cast has yet to be disclosed. MC Ren and DJ Yella have not yet commented on whether or not they will be involved in the production. Casting calls begin in the summer of 2010. There has been talks of Lil Eazy-E playing his father Eric "Eazy-E" Wright, and Ice Cube's son and fellow rapper DoughBoy is going to play his father as well.

Straight Outta Compton is the story of the rise and fall of the Compton, California-based group, whose initials read Niggaz With Attitude. The members included drug dealer turned label founder Eazy-E, young disc jockey Dr. Dre and the politically bent Ice Cube, plus MC Ren and DJ Yella.

Straight Outta Compton Straight-outta-compton-nwa-movie

Looks interesting. I'm interested in seeing Ice Cube's portrayal. He was my favorite in the group.

5Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 3:45 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I have an overwhelming urge to go to LA when they begin casting and try out for the part of Dr. Dre.

6Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

CHARLIE MURPHY!

7Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 3:56 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope it's good, Biggies movie was actually pretty good.

8Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 10:57 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I hope it's good, Biggies movie was actually pretty good.
Really? I tend to avoid biopics of great musicians and they already f-cked up 2Pac...I don't want them messing up MJ's either. I'll rent Notorious.

9Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 11:53 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Who played Tupac?

10Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 12:38 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Who played Tupac?
Oh, I'm sorry. I meant they "f-cked up" his legacy with all these unnecessary posthumous albums they can squeeze out. But there is a biopic for him in the works.

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Tue May 04, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

You actually liked Notorious? I thought it was pure garbage. I loved Biggie and Tupac back in the day, well I still like their music today, but I thought the film's acting was lackluster at best points, and generally poor through out, and they overly romanticized allot of what happened to make all of the characters more sympathetic than the actual people were in real life.

If this movie does actually get made I hope it takes a more realistic approach than Biggie's flick did.

12Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 1:18 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:

You actually liked Notorious? I thought it was pure garbage. I loved Biggie and Tupac back in the day, well I still like their music today, but I thought the film's acting was lackluster at best points, and generally poor through out, and they overly romanticized allot of what happened to make all of the characters more sympathetic than the actual people were in real life.

If this movie does actually get made I hope it takes a more realistic approach than Biggie's flick did.

I also liked Notorious, but from the perspective of someone who isn't a fan of either Biggie or Tupac. I knew the film was taking liberties with the truth but I find the film entertaining.

I agree that they should take a different approach with the NWA film

13Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

No way it'll be as good as Too Legit: The MC Hammer Story.

Starring Romany Malco of 40 Year Old Virgin!

Straight Outta Compton 922

14Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Tue May 04, 2010 5:27 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

After watching Tupac: Ressurection, I wouldn't be upset with a good documentary.

15Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Wed May 05, 2010 1:57 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry. I meant they "f-cked up" his legacy with all these unnecessary posthumous albums they can squeeze out. But there is a biopic for him in the works.

Um, yeah, all of those songs had been recorded while he was alive in his spare time, so there goes that argument right there, Crisco. Laughing but back on subject, who could possibly play 'Pac?

16Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Wed May 05, 2010 1:59 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Obviously Romany Malco.

17Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Wed May 05, 2010 2:10 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

deadbolt85 wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:

Um, yeah, all of those songs had been recorded while he was alive in his spare time, so there goes that argument right there, Crisco. Laughing but back on subject, who could possibly play 'Pac?
No, no, no. You don't know half of what you posted. So, um yeah-what I clearly said was about them taking already known verse from Tupac and having a living rapper or singer featured on a "new" song. I want unreleased songs not wasted "supposedly" collaborations for mediocre albums By the way, don't call me "Crisco" again. Now back on subject.

18Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Wed May 05, 2010 2:24 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:

it was entertaining, i had really low expectations for it. like dmx in a gangsta movie expectations. it was a lot better than those. i 'felt' for the main character when he was picked on as a kid, his uprising and downfall. i wasn't bored with it really and i'm just a casual fan of both rappers, not hardcore or anything. the first biggie album is the best thing he did, imo. before puffy "popped" his music up a bit.

19Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Wed May 05, 2010 3:03 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
deadbolt85 wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:

No, no, no. You don't know half of what you posted. So, um yeah-what I clearly said was about them taking already known verse from Tupac and having a living rapper or singer featured on a "new" song. I want unreleased songs not wasted "supposedly" collaborations for mediocre albums By the way, don't call me "Crisco" again. Now back on subject.
Now look here,sport, I've been dealing with irate little old ladies all damn day, don't cop a tude. I apologize for coming of as a dick as I agree about those stupid remix dealies too. I thought you were complaining about all of the unreleased tracks that just didn't get released, like Jimi Hendrix. Anyway, who do you think can be pac? king

20Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Wed May 05, 2010 3:05 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

^ Seriously, I'm sorry, half the damn stock crew is out sick. I'm so fucking beat. Sorry.

21Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Wed May 05, 2010 3:31 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

Well, I'm sorry also. I just got home from the UPS hub so you know how I feel. I finishing up this exam right now. Goodnight

22Straight Outta Compton Empty Re: Straight Outta Compton Wed May 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Silent K wrote:No way it'll be as good as Too Legit: The MC Hammer Story.

Starring Romany Malco of 40 Year Old Virgin!

Straight Outta Compton 922

^ OMG I MUST SEE THIS!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum