Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing)

+3
Batman25JM
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Empty Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:15 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

By David Finch...

Bit by bit and page by page, artist David Finch has been expanding his DC Comics oeuvre since signing on as an exclusive talent with the publisher in January. Already gracing the covers of some of the company's marquee titles on "Brightest Day" and with a villainous view in "Action Comics," Finch recently saw his first sequential work for the publisher providing futuristic interiors for "Batman" #700.

And starting this October, Finch's interior Batman streak will continue indefinitely as DC announced today via The Source that the artist will turn writer/artist for "Batman: The Dark Knight" – an all-new ongoing series. Preceded by an October one-shot titled "Batman: The Return," which will be scripted by Bat-line mastermind Grant Morrison, the new series will feature a "unique and yet classic interpretation of the Caped Crusader" as the blog reports.

Finch also added: "Maybe the greatest thing about Batman is his versatility as a character. He can be so many things to so many people. For me though, the Neal Adams, Denny O'Neil issues from the early 70's are the most definitive. That work casts a very long shadow over every Batman book that has come out since, and I think its a testament to it's strength that close to 40 years later it remains modern and vital. Batman is at his best with his hands dirty, chasing the worst of the worst with everything on the line. He's a detective, first and foremost. But he's also the enforcer. Nobody gets away with crime under Batman's watch, and he makes sure they think twice before they step over the line again.

"'The Dark Knight' takes Batman outside what he knows, into a world of demonology, dark arts, and mystery. He's the ultimate detective, faster, stronger and smarter than any villain, but now he faces creatures to whom logic and mortality don't apply. I want 'Dark Knight' to be true to Batman's street level, crime fighter roots. He'll face a rogues gallery that we're all familiar with, but this book will take him on a darker path where he'll be stretched to his physical and psychological limits."

For more, check out The Source, and look for more with Finch on "The Dark Knight" soon, right here on CBR!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27140

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So. This is another Batman monthly series? Really?

3Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I love Batman, but the amount of ongoings he's getting is a little ridiculous.

I don't know about this book. Part of me wants to get it because I dropped any Batman book written by Grant Morrison, and I need a Batman fix. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Finch's art. However, I've never read anything by him. I didn't even know he was a writer. Also, I'm not a fan of mystic/paranormal type stories for Batman. I prefer him as a street level character dealing with gangs, syndicated crime, and stuff like that (at least when he's alone/with the Bat Family, I'm fine with any kind of story for when he's with the JLA).

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say that I am a tad curious but how many books does one character actually need?

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'm waiting for the Batman / Deadpool intercompany crossover.

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I assume this book will follow Bruce, perhaps the other books will follow Dick.

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

I know I'll give it a shot.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:I assume this book will follow Bruce, perhaps the other books will follow Dick.
Oh. I never considered that. That's a good assumption and makes a good amount of sense.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
DickGrayson007 wrote:I assume this book will follow Bruce, perhaps the other books will follow Dick.
Oh. I never considered that. That's a good assumption and makes a good amount of sense.

Either way it's too many. They could have Detective follow Bruce, or the main Batman book. They don't need to start yet another ongoing.

10Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

But it's a Batman book. Without Morrison. I thought you would love that. Wink

11Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:51 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:But it's a Batman book. Without Morrison. I thought you would love that. Wink

Laughing

That is a big step in the right direction. Wink

12Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:58 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say, I am a bit curious.

13Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight (new ongoing) Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Love Finch's art. Not sure how good of a writer he is. I'll give it a shot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum