Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman: The Dark Knight

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Batman: The Dark Knight Empty Batman: The Dark Knight Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The review of the first issue is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=31940

In short, I dug it quite a lot.

2Batman: The Dark Knight Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:10 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree, I see myself picking this up, with the delays and 2.99 price, doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Love the art and I assume Finch learned from working with writers, he did a good job.

The whole bum scene with the art style sort of made me think of Spawn/Moon Knight which is really cool.

3Batman: The Dark Knight Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this first issue was outstanding. It was such a quality first issue. I will probably wait for trade on this but I am loving it thus far.

4Batman: The Dark Knight Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:42 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed with all. I thought it was a pretty good first issue. Having a woman in Bruce's life disappear isn't exactly breaking new ground, but the writing and art were both solid enough to make me come back next month.

5Batman: The Dark Knight Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman: The Dark Knight #1

Loved it, absolutely loved it.

I'm a huge fan of Finch's art, but I'd never read anything by him so I was worried. Well, my worries have been put to rest. This was great.

As I said, I'm a huge fan of Finch's art, and it looked great here, but I wasn't too thrilled with how the Penguin looked. However, I do love that the Penguin showed up. After The Joker he's my favorite Batman villain.

Even though I'm loving Batman Inc., I've missed this type of detective story for Batman.

6Batman: The Dark Knight Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta agree about the Penguin. I'm not a huge fan of how he's being drawn but that's about the only complaint I have about this book. Everything else was just spot on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum