Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Green lantern?

+7
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Batman25JM
Velociraptor DJ
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
WonderWoman2.0
kidspider2099
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Green lantern? Empty Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:56 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Personally I've always like kyle Rayner. To me the green lantern ring is the most powerful weapon in the universe and you gotta have imagination to use it and kyle does. Yeah i know its all about the will but to me about the will and imagination and Hal jordon never had that. Plus kyle has always had the better symbol and costume.

2Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:08 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

John, Kyle, Hal. I fucking love John Stewart. Kyle can come too.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

3Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:26 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ John's my second. Loved that the character has broken out of his gimmick of being a second tier character of a mantle. Most of all hearing "the black GL." Rolling Eyes John's really cool. The 90s and DCAU helped with that.

Grew up with Kyle, always liked his persona, his GL ring is the shit to me. Design and ability. He was the Phoenix of DC. So Kyle is my fave.

FUCK HAL! Wink

4Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:28 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Kyle FTW.

And this guy:

Best Green lantern? Torontolanternxo4

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

5Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:31 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh fuck! Forgot Alan Scott! Alan Scott then. Laughing If we're talking "true" Corps., then Kyle, then Stewart. (I know Alan is an honorary member. tongue)

6Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:37 am

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

Kyle for the win!

7Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:43 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd probably go with Hal. I didn't really read comics as a kid, and thus didn't grow up with Kyle. I like him fine, but he doesn't hold a special place in my heart or anything. Also, I really don't care for the design of his ring. I like the design of Hal's a LOT more.

I like Guy a lot. I'd probably go with him as second favorite. After Guy I'd say Kilowog, and then I'd go with Alan Scott, followed by either Kyle or John Stewart. I LOVED John in the Justice League cartoon, but I haven't read enough of him in the comics to put him higher on my list. I like what I've seen from him in the comics, it's just not enough. After I see more of him in the GLC book I may like his comic counterpart more.

8Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:22 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Overall, hard to say I like each one for a certain reason. I love how much each one varies. If I had to choose (and thus, from favorite first):

John Stewart - He is the one I can most identify with and the one who seems the least static in personality and so forth, despite his efforts to be static. He has undergone more change than the other ones and has grown the most, in a manner that was sensical on a comic label that is not known for growth and development. Also, I love his tendency towards approaching things in a calm manner.

Kyle Rayner - I love the fact that he makes with his ring the very things I would think of. It's akin to having your very own comic book character in many ways.

Guy Gardner - Brash as hell and so damn obnoxious its hilarious. I personally think he and Stewart are the best lanterns. Guy is one person I can also identify with. Having have his origin, he and Stewart were my first exposure to Green Lantern.

Isamot Kol and Vath Sarn - Their interactions are wonderful. Individually they are fun as well.

Dkrtzy RRR and Mogo - I've always been a fan of these lanterns because of how creative they were. One is a biosentient math equation that can erase people from existence by entering their minds and another a sentient planet. Each was my first exposure to such things and changed the way I view comic book characters and concepts in general. I also blame them for making me like Grant Morrison and his wacky concepts despite not being made by him.

Kilowog - I've always seen him as Thing with a green lantern ring. His plain spoken nature, strong and studry self encasing an intelligent and capable mind alwasy seemed cool to me. And poozers. Laughing

Hal Jordan - Yeah, Hal was never really my favorite. I could list a good number of lanterns before him beyond what I have already posted. I get that he is reckless and so forth but at the same time, so is Guy Gardner and he seems to pull it off better and it seems more ingrained with his personality in a more natural manner than Hal. Hal always seemed like....he had no real or true personality and when he did, he came across as irksome. I don't know. I don't hate him, but he always seemed like a second tier character to me.

9Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:49 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh lord. I'm getting the DC Forums flashbacks with this. Oh well.

01. Hal Jordan: My favorite character in comics. I've been reading his adventures since I was 5 and have always liked him.
02. Alan Scott: You can't go wrong with the original and I have always loved his ring design
03. Kyle Rayner: Yes, he's more or less a Richard Rider rip-off but he's grown on me in a lot of ways. I can relate to him more than any of the other GLs mainly because I'm a graphic designer who works in New York so I have always had a soft spot for Kyle in that respect.
04. John Stewart: I like him but I felt that nobody ever really knew what to do with the character. To me, he was never interesting until the Justice League cartoon put him into the spotlight.
05. Guy Gardner: I never liked him. He was a thug, a brute and basically everything that was wrong with the 90's type character even though he's been around much longer. It's only now that I've seen him in a different light.

10Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:04 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

jaydee74 wrote:Oh lord. I'm getting the DC Forums flashbacks with this. Oh well.
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make a "favorite GL" thread. At least you know things will stay civil here.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

11Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Oh lord. I'm getting the DC Forums flashbacks with this. Oh well.
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make a "favorite GL" thread. At least you know things will stay civil here.

I just did cause the new movie got to thinking of GL so i made the thread.

I may not love Hal Jordan but i'm going to attack anybody that does.

12Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:57 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've only read Johns' run on GL, so I have to go with Hal.

13Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:47 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I've only read Johns' run on GL, so I have to go with Hal.

while Johns run on GL was awesome. I think to get a grander scale of the green lantern corp you ought to read some of the other green lantern comics.

14Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:49 pm

BigSoupCan

BigSoupCan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Kyle's number one mostly cause he's the GL of my generation.
Next would be Ch'p.
Best Green lantern? GL_CH_P

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/?sk=nf

15Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BigSoupCan wrote:Kyle's number one mostly cause he's the GL of my generation.
Next would be Ch'p.
Best Green lantern? GL_CH_P

Ch'P is is pretty awesome i am so happy he made in it green lantern first flight.

I also like Jade even though her time as a lantern was short it was still a good one. I also love G'Nort.

16Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:31 am

BigSoupCan

BigSoupCan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Best Green lantern? Gnort

Bwahhhh!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/?sk=nf

17Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:53 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BigSoupCan wrote:Best Green lantern? Gnort

Bwahhhh!!!!

that's awesome art!

G'nort is my fave funny lantern. There is issue of Justice league quarterly that is my favorite they face off with Galacticus type being except he's the designer of worlds. so funny.

18Best Green lantern? Empty Re: Best Green lantern? Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kyle hands down

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum