Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dallas Comic Con

+3
vikoros
G_Zatara
Joshua
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:24 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am not promising anything, but if the group of PoPpers in attendance is less than ten, I could maybe be persuaded to host a taco party after the con on Saturday. Maybe. If you guys make me feel special and touch me inappropriately.

Well, you don't have to make me feel special....

27Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:36 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

This con can't get here fast enough!

28Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ummm YES PLEASE!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

29Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes to the con getting here faster, or yes to taco party? Because I don't make tacos the way you'd expect...I use my family recipe that is delicious, yet strange to those who are fans of those build-your-own things that they're used to. Smile

30Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:08 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dammit. Now I want tacos.

31Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

im excited about the tacos Smile

32Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:im excited about the tacos Smile

I fry my own taco shells, with the meat inside, seasoned only with salt and pepper. Then, while they're still hot, I stuff them with a salad mix of lettuce, tomato (seeded and diced small), red onion, and Velveeta cheese (diced up small, all of it), and just enough Miracle Whip to dress it without making it grossly creamy. Then, the cheese gets all melty, and the tacos are kind of sweet and savory all at once. Add a couple of dashes of Tabasco sauce, and that's good eating!

When I make them, I generally figure on making a dozen per person, and an extra dozen or two on top of that. As great as the tacos are hot, they're incredibly delicious stone-cold out of the refrigerator the next day, and I MUST have enough leftovers to last me at least two days. Very Happy

33Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:im excited about the tacos Smile
I said the same thing to my date last night.

34Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Yes, Josh, but Spazzy will actually GET the taco after making that statement. tongue

35Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Touche'.

36Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:11 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Looks like the tickets are now available for purchase online. I think I'll be getting a Priority Access Ticket... just aren't enough bonuses for me to pay for the VIP.

37Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:28 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

good call Wink

38Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:10 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, so probably no taco party (BF is being weird about it for some reason), but I'm totally down with hanging out with you nerds. I need an art buddy to cruise the artist's booths with me, as the BF is more about what swag he can get from the vendors. Smile

I really need to get a PoP! shirt before that, though. tongue

Who wants to be my art buddy?

39Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

40Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:12 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I'm down. I usually do artist alleys the first day and pick up the last minute deals on busts and statues before I leave on the second day.

I'm considering starting a Women of Marvel sketchbook. I usually just get one or two pieces at a con, but I think I'm gonna devote the majority of my spending to sketches this year.

41Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:12 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Curse you, Spazzy, and your fast fingers!

42Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WE CAN BE THE 3 MUSKETEERS OF ART!!! The 3 Arteteers! See what I did there?!?!

43Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:17 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Anyone planning on doing any cosplaying? I'm still trying to decide. My Mandalorian armor is pretty bulky and my Adam Warlock halloween costume from a few years ago shows off way too much of the... er... infinity gems.

44Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I will just wear corsets

45Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:14 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You guys are on!

I don't cosplay at all, but I don't care if others do. I can be the guy who takes the pictures for people. Laughing

46Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:32 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

vikoros wrote:Curse you, Spazzy, and your fast fingers!
Taken out of context FTW.

I'll be sure to wear my PoP shirt, so I should be somewhat visible. If all else fails you can probably find me hanging out at either Paul Milligan's, Joe Eisma's, or the Variants table.

47Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:If all else fails you can probably find me hanging out at either Paul Milligan's, Joe Eisma's, or the Variants table.

If all else fails, and I don't find you at the first two places, we won't meet up, as I have no intention of going anywhere near the spot where Richard and Barry are set up. Smile

48Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Joshua wrote:If all else fails you can probably find me hanging out at either Paul Milligan's, Joe Eisma's, or the Variants table.

If all else fails, and I don't find you at the first two places, we won't meet up, as I have no intention of going anywhere near the spot where Richard and Barry are set up. Smile
A smiley doesn't make that comment any less catty or unnecessary.

Maybe it's best we don't meet up, I don't want your petty attitude bringing me down. Smile

49Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:18 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's fine with me. Anyone who can find a way to excuse their awful behavior towards good customers is probably someone I won't be able to spend large amounts of time with anyway. Very Happy

50Dallas Comic Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Comic Con Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What the heck are yall talking about? /confused

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum