Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you consider listening to an Audiobook reading?

+3
Debaser77
prescribeddrone
Dr Awkward
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dr Awkward

Dr Awkward
Pirate
Pirate

In the past 3 months I have really gotten into Audible Audiobooks. Thanks to them I have read The "Dexter" novel series, "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo", " Medium Raw" by Anthony Bourdain, and am starting on the Sword of Truth series. My friends seem to think that Audiobooks dont count as reading though bc you dont have a book in your hands. What do you think ?

http://twitter.com/Juswise

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's more like listening but as long as you enjoy it, who cares?

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The only audio books I would consider listening to would be autobiographies read by the people who wrote them. That, or audio versions of comedy books such as Stephen Colbert's I Am America (And So Can You).

Dr Awkward

Dr Awkward
Pirate
Pirate

I was at first skeptical of the idea of audiobooks. I tried one and was instantly hooked. It really brings you into the world of the book.

http://twitter.com/Juswise

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

YES!

Black Library has started releasing audio-only stories, so I am on board!

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoy them. I have started listening to the Dresden Files audio as read by James Marsters. I find them entertaining to be honest. I've also listened to Doctor Who audios which are good. There are a couple of recent Doctor Who stories that are audio exclusives that were read by David Tennant and there were some Torchwood audio exclusive dramas that I enjoyed as well. It's all a matter of opinion. If you like them, you like them.

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

The Black Library audio-only stories are the reason I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get an iPod!

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I got some of those in college when I was driving home during spring and winter breaks so I could listen while driving. They are not even close to reading the book. U have to pay complete attention when reading but listening is more like watching television without the visuals.

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I like to listen to them when trying to sleep.

Before his books started going down south, Jeffrey Deavers had a few that were read by Joe Mantegna. Those were pretty damn cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum