Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Ordinary Family

+10
Batman25JM
Rath99
boberthavok
Denim
riv1
jaydee74
superdoug
vikoros
Airwolf
Debaser77
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1No Ordinary Family Empty No Ordinary Family Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:27 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Here's my review of the series premiere.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=28366

Not bad, but not particularly great, either. I really don't see this show lasting past a few episodes.

2No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:58 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i saw the pilot like 2 weeks ago .......mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cool effects but i dont see strong enough substance on it too

3No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:18 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

It was better than I expected, at least. It's just hard for me to fathom a casting director who says, hey... we need Chiklis for this. Granted, I think he's great. But they're already going to be labeled as Fantastic Four wannabes.

Nothing too stupendous, but it didn't bore me either. Probably won't make it into the list of few shows I watch weekly.

Although, the main reason I would watch is the mom's research assistant played by Autumn Reeser. Love her.

4No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:35 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

I don't understand why they decided to cast Chiklis and Julie Benz as husband and wife. They just don't look like a couple. That lack of chemistry won't help the show's chances of survival.

5No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. I really quite liked it. I thought it was different from any super-hero, spy, or cop, or family drama without losing the elements that make those shows work. But, I can see where people looking for solid action shows might have been disappointed.

6No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Thing is, I would have been on board if this had been a straight ahead action show OR strictly a family drama with superpowers. Right now, it seems like they're trying to make it into both, which may hurt it in the long run.

7No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:16 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The pilot episode wasn't all that bad I guess. Not great but not bad either. It's interesting hows and whys they got the powers that they did. The bad guy for this episode was interesting. He was like Nightcrawler. So does that mean they are going to have a freak of the week villain like they did with Smallville? It seems that where it's going to go but in this case, you have someone behind it which could be interesting. I don't know what to make of the show just yet. I like the actors on the show but I'm not sure how successful this is going to be but I'm willing to give it a shot. I guess

8No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:44 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really need to see this. Not sure how long it'll be on, but, it sounds interesting...

9No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate to be the asshole here (oh what the heck, I actully enjoy being the asshole) but all of the comments on this thread except for this one are really good and should be placed on the actual comment section of the article on the main site instead of a thread of the article in the forum.

I just think that alot of commetns, expecially dougs, jaydee's and vikoros would enhance the article itself in the comment section for visitors to the main site that either don't come to the forums or don't care for forums (ues there are people like that that do exisit)

Anyway, you all can tell me to STFU and I will, I am just being a opinionated prick right now.

public rage

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

10No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:12 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You don't sound prickish to me. But then, i'm an asshole.

Funny thing about your post is, i never go to the main site, just the message board. I'm bass ackwards.

11No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:19 pm

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

I posted on the main page about it. I enjoyed it. I mean yeah there where shades of The Incredibles and FF but seeing as Disney owns both now I don't know if people can call it a rip off. Plus almost nothing is original these days. I also mentioned how each powers worked with the family memebers.

12No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:23 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I relayed my comment to the article just for you, Debaser. Smile I love you

13No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I relayed my comment to the article just for you, Debaser. Smile I love you

Same here. With a little extra content.

14No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the show was ok. Reminded me of Heroes with the secret organization

15No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

jaydee74 wrote:
superdoug wrote:I relayed my comment to the article just for you, Debaser. Smile I love you

Same here. With a little extra content.

Thanks, guys. And thanks, Denim, for lookin' out for a brother. Very Happy

16No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:59 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched half of it last night, gonna watch the rest in a few. So far, i like it. As a husband and father, i totally get Chiklis' quiet desperation as he feels his family's going through the motions. That can be really painful.

17No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn’t hate it, but it was ordinary. It just felt off. I have no idea what the show will turn into. It’s like a weird mix between Smallville, Heroes, and a regular family drama (something like 7th Heaven or One Tree Hill).

I thought Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz were fine together.

I really wish they kids had better powers. Something physical, so they could fight.

I’ll stick with the show for now. I liked it enough to keep going.

18No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Loved it. My favorite new show...and the only one I'm going to keep watching.

19No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:20 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote: I have no idea what the show will turn into.
That was the appeal to me. There's a lot of different ways they can play this, i'm curious as to where they'll go.

Batman25JM wrote:I really wish they kids had better powers. Something physical, so they could fight.
the super genius thing is nothing to sneeze at but, i see your point. However, the telepathic power WOULD make you an excellent combatant if used right. Again, i'm wondering where they'll go with it. I look forward to comparing notes with you!

Well, mostly your notes and my one liners, but still...

20No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote: I have no idea what the show will turn into.
That was the appeal to me. There's a lot of different ways they can play this, i'm curious as to where they'll go.

Batman25JM wrote:I really wish they kids had better powers. Something physical, so they could fight.
the super genius thing is nothing to sneeze at but, i see your point. However, the telepathic power WOULD make you an excellent combatant if used right. Again, i'm wondering where they'll go with it. I look forward to comparing notes with you!

Well, mostly your notes and my one liners, but still...

Laughing

It'll be fun.

This show does have the potential to be cool, and I hope it gets there.

Not knowing what it'll turn into is intriguing, but I hope what it turns into is something really fun.

Daphne's powers could be used in combat, but without a more active power she'd get in trouble if she weren't with her mom or dad. I hope they end up developing other powers. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes telekinetic at some point. Either that or teach her how to fight.

21No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched the 2nd episode. Didn't wow me. I thought JJ's teacher is such an ass and I was annoyed about the Detective at the end. I don't know. I get the title of this show and it makes sense. It's just ok. Nothing special but I don't hate it either.

22No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It needs to pick up the pace...soon!

23No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:It needs to pick up the pace...soon!
Yeah. It needs to pick up the pace very soon.

24No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saw the 1st episode. Not bad. Still find it difficult to take in Chiklis as a sketch artist and not this hard boiled cop.

25No Ordinary Family Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched the second episode last night and I am pretty much done with it.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum