Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Ordinary Family

+10
Batman25JM
Rath99
boberthavok
Denim
riv1
jaydee74
superdoug
vikoros
Airwolf
Debaser77
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hrm. Real mixed bag. It's just that tv sucks and I think I just want something to watch so badly.

27No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:59 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Hrm. Real mixed bag. It's just that tv sucks and I think I just want something to watch so badly.
I think I'm in the same boat as you.

28No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:48 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Haven't watched episode 2 yet. I'll probably catch it online this weekend, if I think about it. I really don't see this show lasting, which is a shame, because the overall concept isn't bad.

29No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:01 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched episode three. There are moments I liked but I just can't see this show lasting. I want to see where it goes but I'll be surprised if this lasts a season.

30No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok. I've watched 10 episodes of this show. It's not wowing me but the progression of certain plots are interesting enough. I'm starting like the kids a lot more than I did when the show first started. The plot with the Dr. Dayton King and his evil plots just kicked into full gear with the ending of episode 10. I'm curious as to what happens next.

31No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I haven't watched the latest episode but, i probably will. This is an interesting enough show, but it could be better...

32No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This show hasn't held my attention at all. I think I'm done with it.

33No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do find myself wondering why I watch it and yet I do. It hasn't wowed me in anyway and yet for some odd reason, I want to continue to see where this story goes. I really don't see this show going the distance in the long run.

34No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:50 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I actually enjoy it. It's no first season Heroes but it's entertaining enough for me keep me watching. I love the character of Katie, she's such a fangirl with all her comic book related commentary.

35No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:50 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hannibal king wrote:I actually enjoy it. It's no first season Heroes but it's entertaining enough for me keep me watching. I love the character of Katie, she's such a fangirl with all her comic book related commentary.
Katie is my favorite character. She's pretty awesome. Cute too.

36No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:36 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very cute. On this we agree...

37No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I only watched the first 4...

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

38No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:55 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I've watched the first 14 episodes of this show and it's gotten better. Not amazing but it's gotten better.

39No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched the first episode, and I think I watched the second episode. I can't remember if I watched the second one or not. Anyway, I'm going to try it when it hits DVD. My best friend likes it, so I'm going to give it another shot.

40No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It will be canned soon after it's over.

41No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:34 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:It will be canned soon after it's over.
Oh, I have no doubt about that. It's not horrible and I am liking the characters a bit more. The lab assistant is hands down my favorite character. I love her nerdy talk. She talks comics all the time. I find it weird that out of all of the family members, it's the girl who can read minds that has had the most interesting arc in my opinion as her mind powers seem to be evolving as the show progresses which is kind of cool to see. This show has a very limited shelf life as well but it's been more interesting than The Cape.

42No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:55 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That seems a little harsh. It may not come back for a second season, but it's still pulling numbers good enough that there's been no rumblings of it not surviving. Granted, that's probably because of its being the lead-in to V, but as Jaydee pointed out, the show has gotten more interesting as it progresses, particularly with the stories involving the kids and the 'sidekicks' (George and his lawyer girlfriend was a nice addition, as well as the Katie/Joshua romance.) If it wasn't doing very well, it probably would have been pulled at the Christmas break.

But, I think that ABC will keep it around. Disney is trying to up its superhero/nerd cred since its acquisition of Marvel, and this show makes superheroes accessible to the average American family without having overly-convoluted, Heroes-like plot lines. I'm sure the reasoning is probably that people who feel like they understand superheroes will be intrigued by movie and TV franchises they might otherwise have overlooked (Captain America, Thor, the proposed Cloak & Dagger TV series, etc).

I think we'll get a second season out of No Ordinary Family, but probably no more than that.

43No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like what the show is doing. It was slow at first but things have kind of picked up and I can see it going a second season. From the way it's going now, a second season might really up the stakes a bit from some of the revelations that's taken place at the end of the most recent episode. Also, I am really liking the way the daughter's powers are being enhanced as the show progresses. It's cool.

44No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I wholeheartedly agree with Doug and Jaydee. I like the show, it's not overly complicated like Heroes and it's not cheesy like the Cape. I've been a fan since the beginning and yes I loooooove the lab assistant and her comic book talk.

45No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

That seems a little harsh. It may not come back for a second season, but it's still pulling numbers good enough that there's been no rumblings of it not surviving. Granted, that's probably because of its being the lead-in to V, but as Jaydee pointed out, the show has gotten more interesting as it progresses, particularly with the stories involving the kids and the 'sidekicks' (George and his lawyer girlfriend was a nice addition, as well as the Katie/Joshua romance.) If it wasn't doing very well, it probably would have been pulled at the Christmas break.

But, I think that ABC will keep it around. Disney is trying to up its superhero/nerd cred since its acquisition of Marvel, and this show makes superheroes accessible to the average American family without having overly-convoluted, Heroes-like plot lines. I'm sure the reasoning is probably that people who feel like they understand superheroes will be intrigued by movie and TV franchises they might otherwise have overlooked (Captain America, Thor, the proposed Cloak & Dagger TV series, etc).

I think we'll get a second season out of No Ordinary Family, but probably no more than that.

I don't think it's harsh when you read some of the stuff about the show and it being predicted that the likely scenario is that the show won't be back. Of course all of that can change if ABC doesn't have a show it feels can better fill that slot. Basically the show is on life support and needs help. The show is ok. I don't hate it but I don't rush home to watch it either. It is much better than The Cape.

ABC (5.39 million viewers, #4; adults 18-49: 1.5, #4) offered up its struggling combination of "No Ordinary Family" (5.24 million viewers, #10; adults 18-49: 1.5, #10), "V" (5.39 million viewers, #8; adults 18-49: 1.8, #9) and "Detroit 187" (5.55 million viewers, #7; adults 18-49: 1.3, #11).

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=broadcast_20110208#ixzz1Da89on2h

46No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hannibal king wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with Doug and Jaydee. I like the show, it's not overly complicated like Heroes and it's not cheesy like the Cape. I've been a fan since the beginning and yes I loooooove the lab assistant and her comic book talk.
The Lab Assistant is also nice to look at.

47No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:35 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No Ordinary Powell

Wow. This show is really starting to get good. I'm enjoying the characters and the character interactions and the story. My only complaint is why the hell did the creators take so damn long to get to the good stuff?

48No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I always thought it was pretty interesting. I actually just finished "No Ordinary double standard" and I liked it. Daphne is turning out to be the most powerful of the group.

Did you notice how her bedroom door is also a bookcase in one of the eppys? If I ever get rich enough i'm incorporating that into my next house.

49No Ordinary Family - Page 2 Empty Re: No Ordinary Family Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought that was pretty damn cool. I would love that as well and I agree. I think Daphne is the most powerful of the family as well. The things she can do is pretty awesome. I'm enjoying this show a lot more than I did when it first started. I would love to see a second season and see how this evolves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum