Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PCN Pop Princess Popcast!

+33
comedianviet
WhiteBlackDynamite
MikeSabian
krpykrwly
Denim
Mnemosis
Debaser77
Steel Rose
dmahoney
Joshua
Ska
rwe1138
comicgeekelly
kidspider2099
jaydee74
Heytherejeffro
Rath99
shining knight
jestghost
Demonweasel
Dr Awkward
Spazzy
GigaToast
shawnp
Hannibal king
BlueMaxx
Big Poppa Nick
Sapphire Gypsy
Spaced4SimonPegg
Silent K
Captain Painway
pumkinheadfan
WonderWoman2.0
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 22]

276PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:32 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jestghost wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:Not to be a fanboy but Hulkling is not a member of the hulk family. He's a Kree/skrull hybrid. also Wiccan his boyfriend is scarlet's witch son or rather the reborn son of scarlet witch.

Thanks for letting me know that too!

welcome if you wanna read more about hulkling and wiccan you should read young avengers. The first two trades are really good.

277PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:11 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, I didn't know that about Teddy. I knew Wiccan's backstory (they had it in the issue), so I'll have to try and find some Young Avengers trades. Very Happy

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

278PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:45 am

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Oh, I didn't know that about Teddy. I knew Wiccan's backstory (they had it in the issue), so I'll have to try and find some Young Avengers trades. Very Happy

Marvel released Civil War storyline. There's a Civil War: Young Avengers and Runaways TPB out that I really enjoyed.

279PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:53 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jestghost wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Oh, I didn't know that about Teddy. I knew Wiccan's backstory (they had it in the issue), so I'll have to try and find some Young Avengers trades. Very Happy

Marvel released Civil War storyline. There's a Civil War: Young Avengers and Runaways TPB out that I really enjoyed.

I read that too it was pretty good.

The first two trades are called sideKicks and the second one is family matters. then like Jest said there is runaways cross-over as part of the civil war event.

280PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:37 am

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Since you ladies like BBC stuff, have any of you watched Jeckyll? It is sooooo good.

281PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:17 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

A few things after listening to show #16:

Welcome to Tranquility is fantastic. You should pick up the trades of the previous run. Of course, I'm a little biased. Wink

I think Tony's got some Required Secondary Powers over in Chew.

Spaced, I love Empire, but I can see why you might find it meh. I think to fully appreciate it you have to be more of a comic veteran, as it plays with lots of the genre's tropes.

As for autographs, I don't pay for 'em except in special cases. When I met Julie Benz years ago, while she was between Angel & Dexter, she charged $20 for an autograph & picture, but it went to charity so I was fine with that. Actors who are still getting gigs? Screw that.

Last edited by rwe1138 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

282PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

YES

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

283PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Big Poppa Nick wrote:Since you ladies like BBC stuff, have any of you watched Jeckyll? It is sooooo good.

Best show ever. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

284PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Big Poppa Nick wrote:Since you ladies like BBC stuff, have any of you watched Jeckyll? It is sooooo good.

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:

Best show ever. Very Happy

Fuck.Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes yes yes

rwe1138 wrote:
Spaced, I love Empire, but I can see why you might find it meh. I think to fully appreciate it you have to be more of a comic veteran, as it plays with lots of the genre's tropes.

Ok now I don't feel so bad about not getting into it. I like the concept because I have always been more fans of villains in comics. I will still finish reading it.

285PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I also really liked Empire, but totally see how it can not be for everyone.

http://www.demonweasel.com

286PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:07 am

WhiteBlackDynamite

WhiteBlackDynamite
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I am now completely terrified of breathing panties...

http://www.superflycomics.com

287PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:11 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WhiteBlackDynamite wrote:I am now completely terrified of breathing all panties...

Fxt

288PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:07 am

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

Another British TV Show is Red Dwarf. I really like that show.

289PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:41 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jestghost wrote:Another British TV Show is Red Dwarf. I really like that show.

I too am a red dwarf fan I grew watching it on pbs.

290PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:13 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I could never get into that show. I just never thought it was that funny. :S

291PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some of the shows I've enjoyed from BBC include:

Doctor Who
Torchwood
The Sarah Jane Adventures
Jeckyll
Primeval
Coupling
Skins

292PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:46 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you guys haven't been watching it you really need to check out Luther on BBC America. Tonight is the final episode of the six episode miniseries, but if you can find the other shows, watch it. It's so good!

293PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:20 am

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

How about BBC Robin Hood?

294PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:21 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jestghost wrote:How about BBC Robin Hood?
I loved that series. At least the first two. The third season was uneven and I missed certain characters from the first two seasons. Overall though it was very good.

295PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:If you guys haven't been watching it you really need to check out Luther on BBC America. Tonight is the final episode of the six episode miniseries, but if you can find the other shows, watch it. It's so good!

I haven't heard of that one. What's it about?

jestghost wrote:How about BBC Robin Hood?

Netflix is always recommending that show to me. Laughing

296PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:03 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Robin Hood is soo much fun! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

297PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:22 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

BBC shows I have watched:

Monty Python's Flying Circus
Benny Hill
The Avengers
The Office
Doctor Who
The IT Crowd
(thanks ladies for the recommendation. Season 1 was a Blast! )
The Saint (seen a few episodes)
Spaced
HEX
The Prisoner
Torchwood
Robin Hood
(in the middle of season 2 right now)
Fawlty Towers
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margret

I have Primeval Series 1 and Jekyll sitting here, but haven't gotten around to watching them yet. As well as Dead Set saved on the DVR. Hope to get to them this winter.

298PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 am

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

I totally forgot about Hex, there is a season 2. You have to get an all region dvd player. It hasn't made it's way to the US yet unless you get a bootlegged copy.

299PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow...Hex. Yeah, I stole all of that off the internet. It was a lot of fun until they canceled it after the season 2 finale cliffhanger... Boo-urns

300PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 12 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:BBC shows I have watched:

Monty Python's Flying Circus
Benny Hill
The Avengers
The Office
Doctor Who
The IT Crowd
(thanks ladies for the recommendation. Season 1 was a Blast! )
The Saint (seen a few episodes)
Spaced
HEX
The Prisoner
Torchwood
Robin Hood
(in the middle of season 2 right now)
Fawlty Towers
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margret

I have Primeval Series 1 and Jekyll sitting here, but haven't gotten around to watching them yet. As well as Dead Set saved on the DVR. Hope to get to them this winter.

Sweet Mary and Joseph you have Dead Set on ur DVR and you haven't watched it yet?? Shocked Stop everything you are doing and watch it Right.Now!!!!!!

I have Primeval in my queue on netflix. You will love Jekyll. I was mad it only lasted for one season.

I am glad you liked The IT Crowd Very Happy Get on to season 2,3 and 4. The show gets funnier as the seasons go. Great quotable material.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum