Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travis's Random Observation

+17
Silent K
Debaser77
Joshua
Demonweasel
Big Poppa Nick
UltimateUltimacy
Goof
Denim
Mnemosis
Captain Painway
jfx316
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
WonderWoman2.0
WhiteBlackDynamite
Ska
Xman00aoa
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:50 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Xman00aoa wrote:A christmas present for everyone
check out the song Bulletproof by Kerli

I may be in love with this girl

I've been a Kerli fan since her first cd came out. The whole album is great, and she's really pretty.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

27Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:48 am

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:

I've been a Kerli fan since her first cd came out. The whole album is great, and she's really pretty.
Yep. One of her songs was a free iTunes download a year or two ago, and I downloaded the whole album. Pretty good for a beautiful weirdo from Estonia.

http://likeitderby.com

28Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:30 am

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Captain Painway wrote:
Ska wrote:

Yep. One of her songs was a free iTunes download a year or two ago, and I downloaded the whole album. Pretty good for a beautiful weirdo from Estonia.

Yeah it was a nice surprise, I wonder if she is a nerd girl

29Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Xman00aoa wrote:

Yeah it was a nice surprise, I wonder if she is a nerd girl

We can't all be perfect. Laughing

30Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Dude. Lay off heavy cosplayers. They've got as much a right to as anyone else. Just let 'em have their fun.

I couldn't disagree with this sentiment less. Fat slave Leias are every bit as wrong as blonde slave Leias.

I wear glasses and have a chinstrap. I don't cosplay because of this, because I know of no characters who wear glasses and have a chin strap. I'm overweight enough that I'm not going to play anyone with a six pack who wears a skintight costume, either. Not because I'm self conscious - I don't care what people at a comic convention think of my body - but because it wouldn't be properly representative of whatever character I'd be dressed as.

If I was going to cosplay as Blob, or Jabba the Hutt, or Dan Connor, I'd look stupid wearing just the appropriate costume, because a key element of those characters aesthetics is that they're all FAT. A skinny Hurley wouldn't be Hurley, it'd be a guy with curly Jesus hair and some surprisingly not-dirty clothes.

Simply put, I don't care how overweight or out of shape the girl in the above bikini is. I don't have a problem with her body. Until she wears something that looks that ridiculous on her, and tries to pass herself off as a character she now looks nothing like.

31Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:26 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Dude. Lay off heavy cosplayers. They've got as much a right to as anyone else. Just let 'em have their fun.

I couldn't disagree with this sentiment less. Fat slave Leias are every bit as wrong as blonde slave Leias.

I wear glasses and have a chinstrap. I don't cosplay because of this, because I know of no characters who wear glasses and have a chin strap. I'm overweight enough that I'm not going to play anyone with a six pack who wears a skintight costume, either. Not because I'm self conscious - I don't care what people at a comic convention think of my body - but because it wouldn't be properly representative of whatever character I'd be dressed as.

If I was going to cosplay as Blob, or Jabba the Hutt, or Dan Connor, I'd look stupid wearing just the appropriate costume, because a key element of those characters aesthetics is that they're all FAT. A skinny Hurley wouldn't be Hurley, it'd be a guy with curly Jesus hair and some surprisingly not-dirty clothes.

Simply put, I don't care how overweight or out of shape the girl in the above bikini is. I don't have a problem with her body. Until she wears something that looks that ridiculous on her, and tries to pass herself off as a character she now looks nothing like.
And what's the deal with waiting in lines at the airport?!?!?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

32Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:28 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:

Laughing Says the dude who sends pictures of himself in his girlfriend's underwear to...well, anyone. It's not about looks, it's about appreciating your fandom. If you don't like it, who cares? You don't like anything, anyway. Sleep

ANYWAY NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR A RANDOM OBSERVATION...

Heytherejeffro wrote:what's the deal with waiting in lines at the airport?!?!?

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

33Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 am

WhiteBlackDynamite

WhiteBlackDynamite
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:ANYWAY NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR A RANDOM OBSERVATION...
There's a cat scaling my closet. The noises scared me.

http://www.superflycomics.com

34Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Ok heres one for now
Before I created the mytho that is Gavin, George Clooney was the handyman on the Facts of Life, I think he dated Jo. I was going to tell the story about me having a fight with an actual celebritiy, but dude has a show again now and I dont want another restraining order out on me...

35Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Speaking of George Clooney, he was on a sit com about a hospital emergency room called ER and ended up many years later on a drama that took place in a hospital emergency room called.....wait for it.....wait for it....wait for it....ER!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

36Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:15 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Popcorn and chicken, only the genius of Colonel Sanders could combine the two!

37Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:31 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:
Laughing Says the dude who sends pictures of himself in his girlfriend's underwear to...well, anyone. It's not about looks, it's about appreciating your fandom. If you don't like it, who cares? You don't like anything, anyway. Sleep

True story. XD

38Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Ska wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:

True story. XD

I think whats scarier than what I posted earlier. I think I will go punch another celebrity...at this point anything to gbet out of work

39Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Random Observation: I like the New My Chemical Romance and Linkin Park albums. Go ahead Hate Me!

40Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:37 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really like the new My Chemical Romance album too. The Linkin Park one, not so much.

41Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I like Jeffros observations.And fat people shouldn't cosplay.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

42Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:31 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually have the first two My Chemical Romance CDs and a t-shirt of theirs somewhere. Ohhh, high school. I don't miss you at all.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

43Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I actually have the first two My Chemical Romance CDs and a t-shirt of theirs somewhere. Ohhh, high school. I don't miss you at all.

I got to meet them when they were in Chicago years ago. My first official super freak out moment. XD

44Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:48 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:

1) I sent it to close friends. The fact that one of them posted it on the Internet is not directly my fault, nor was it ever my intention.

2) I wouldn't wear anything like that out. Again.

3) Lee hates Van Halen, and somehow I'M the guy who doesn't like anything? I don't get it.

45Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 am

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Van Halen is horrible.

46Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:26 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This will only end in tears.

http://www.demonweasel.com

47Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Shockingly I liked Speed Racer the Movie, pretty colors

48Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
3) Lee hates Van Halen, and somehow I'M the guy who doesn't like anything? I don't get it.
Lee hates one thing. You hate everything. Ergo, you're the guy that doesn't like anything.

Shockingly I liked Speed Racer the Movie, pretty colors
Fantastically underrated movie.

As for fat chicks in costumes, sure, they CAN wear revealing outfits, but that doesn't mean they don't look ridiculous. A general rule of thumb of fashion is to wear clothing that complements your body style. I don't see why costuming should be exempt from this rule. If you're 5'4" and weigh 300 lbs., perhaps Emma Frost or Slave Leia aren't the best ways to showcase your body. If dressing up is fun for you, even if it means drawing unflattering attention to yourself, fine, go nuts, but don't be surprised when people look at you like a bulldog in a tutu.

49Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Xman00aoa wrote:Shockingly I liked Speed Racer the Movie, pretty colors

Joshua wrote:
Fantastically underrated movie.

Thank you, somebody that gets it. I loved the Speed Racer movie, it was an awesome movie that was amazing on the big screen. I loved the colors and how over the top everything was.

50Travis's Random Observation - Page 2 Empty Re: Travis's Random Observation Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not really sure how anyone other than Kerouac could watch Speed Racer and not have a good time. Easily one of the best movies of 2008.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum