Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP! Cast Wrestling

+25
Hannibal king
Heytherejeffro
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
shining knight
WhiteBlackDynamite
Debaser77
krpykrwly
pumkinheadfan
dmahoney
Mnemosis
rwe1138
wickidchyld
jfx316
MillionDollarGeek
Xman00aoa
Big Poppa Nick
Captain Painway
Denim
Joshua
jaydee74
comicgeekelly
Silent K
Rath99
G_Zatara
UltimateUltimacy
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

51PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:33 pm

wickidchyld

wickidchyld
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Big Poppa Nick wrote:Here's some name suggestions:...
P.O.W (Lets take it back)
O.o

http://twitter.com/wickidchyld

52PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:35 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Silent K wrote:I would be ALL OVER a Cena monster-heel turn, AND bringing back Thuganomics.

Also, in response to Jared's "Coon it up" comment and the talk about The Rock in Nation of Domination, I think a revival of the Nation of Domination would be rad. They could work/shoot it about how the WWE uses black wrestlers as a minstrel show. Include Otunga, Mark Henry, Alicia Fox, Ezekial Jackson, JTG, and Teddy Long.

While that would be kind of cool,(Read: fucking awesome) WWE is so PG-13 now, that it would have to get sanitized so much that it wouldn't mean anything. Remember the month that Sheldon Benjamin was playing the race card?

That would be kind of awesome though....

http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

53PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:01 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Yeah, gotta agree with PCW. Great first show, guys. Definitely put me on the list of people who want to chime in some time in the future. Now, some thoughts it triggered, in roughly chronological order:

I surmise a regular DDT would have little effect on Scotty, because his hair would cushion the blow. You have to pull a top-rope version like Dean Malenko did at Backlash '00 to have any impact.

The longest post-Stunner unconsciousness I can remember is when Austin laid out the entire McMahon family in succession. Vince, who took the first one, probably laid on the mat for like 10 minutes.

Heels sell tickets; faces sell merchandise. (There are exceptions.)

This marks the first time I've heard the name Barry Horowitz in years.

Tito, I've always called it a "soap opera for men."

As much as I'd love him to, I don't think Cena will ever turn heel as long as he keeps moving merch like he does.

Now, concerning the list, I think I've got it figured out. The wrestlers on it fall into three categories: legit, worldwide legends (i.e. Hogan, Flair, Rock, Austin, Andre, Jericho, Foley, HBK, Taker, Hart); ones who made their mark before the current era (i.e. Backlund, Graham, Gorgeous George, Dusty, Savage, Funk); and current era wrestlers who are still going strong (or just recently stopped) and are only known for their work in WWE (i.e. Hunter, Batista, Orton, Cena, Edge, Kane). The first group are no-brainers, the second are important to the medium itself, and the third are only there because WWE themselves produced the thing. Then they took all those names, made a few logical choices and a few political choices, and then used a blindfold and a dartboard to choose the order of the rest. I'm only partially kidding about that, as some of the rankings are completely insane.

A few more list-related thoughts I had while listening:

I'm really surprised they went with Michaels over Taker. Taker might've been in more bad matches (due to his opponents sucking, not him), but he is way more of a company man than Shawn "I lost my smile" Michaels.

Chris Benoit is the elephant in the room they just didn't want to address.

If Moolah is on the list, I think Trish Stratus should be, too.

Owen Hart is a slightly smaller elephant than Benoit.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

54PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:48 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Silent K wrote:Also, for a name:

Hard Knocks and Cheap PoP!s
The Cheap PoP!Cast

Like these.

Silent K wrote:Listening now....New Age Outlaws theme gives me a nostalgia boner.

TOTALLY. "Oh, you didn't know?"

Big Poppa Nick wrote:Here's some name suggestions:
Total Nonstop PoP!
P.O.W (Lets take it back)

Either of these works for me

comicgeekelly wrote:
Mike Knox's beard needs to be a playable character in SD vs. Raw

I might be the only person who liked the Undertaker more when he was the biker.

The What gimmick is awful.

LMAO

You're not, I did too. I hate supernatural angles in wrestling. The biker angle made so much more sense.

I agree.

jfx316 wrote:
I could never pronounce Grand Masta Sexuha the way Lawler said it on the show. Sounded like he had a sore throat when he said it.

Maybe he just didn't want to say Sexay referring to his son?

GMS was fun to watch, but damn... when you tried to pull that finisher in one of the games? I don't think I landed it once. The damn computer would always get up and kick my ass while I was locked in the fucking scripted maneuver.

Silent K wrote:PCW: PoP! Cast Wrestling

Okay... that's amazing.

I'll still throw my ideas out:

Royal Ramblings
Four Color Commentary
Mic Skills (or Skillz)

I'm enjoying the show guys. I'd probably have liked it more back when I was still a fan. I suspect this show MIGHT put the PCN on the map.

55PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:57 am

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

I made it through 50 minutes. Considering my complete non-interest in all things wrestling, that's not too shabby. I faded out when Gavin started reading off a list of what I believe to be wrestler names, or possibly sandwiches.

Always nice to hear more of Gavin and Jared, and I'm happy that Tito's on board. His 6 Pack of questions is still my favorite. And it was nice of Painway to call in from under that waterfall.

I think I've figured out how I'll handle this show for Last Week in PoP! I predict a long and happy relationship between PCW and LWiP..... Twisted Evil

56PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:21 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dmahoney wrote:

I think I've figured out how I'll handle this show for Last Week in PoP! I predict a long and happy relationship between PCW and LWiP..... Twisted Evil

sweet..looking forward to seeing how you work your magic.

57PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:33 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If the show gets the PCW name a chant of P-C-dub needs to be recorded at C2E2 to be used in the show opener.

dmahoney wrote:I made it through 50 minutes. Considering my complete non-interest in all things wrestling, that's not too shabby. I faded out when Gavin started reading off a list of what I believe to be wrestler names, or possibly sandwiches.
I know a guy who worked at a deli and named a sandwich the Randy Savage.

58PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:36 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Black T-Shirts with PCDubb in Red Letters...

I'll chant it...

Also, as far as DDTs... what about Raven's evenflow? That was effective back in ECW and WCW. That move also won him a tag title with Tommy Dreamer when he went back to ECW. Then he looked nasty in TNA.

Shooting Star Press, shades of Billy Kidman back in ECW and WCW as a member of Ravens Flock.

Barry Harrowitz.... *sigh* didn't he win 1 match by accident and they built a storyline around him?

Wasn't one of the members of Los Boricuas more hairier than A-Train?

Ezekiel looks like a steroid version of Ahmed Johnson.

Lita deserves to be on the list more than Trish Stratus.

I would like to see a top 50 tag teams but I forgot Vince hates teams and breaks them up every chance he gets.

59PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:47 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

MillionDollarGeek wrote:
Also, as far as DDTs... what about Raven's evenflow? That was effective back in ECW and WCW. That move also won him a tag title with Tommy Dreamer when he went back to ECW. Then he looked nasty in TNA.

Shooting Star Press, shades of Billy Kidman back in ECW and WCW as a member of Ravens Flock.

Yes to both of these.

The Evenflow was not only a stylish, impactful DDT, it had a cool name. Also, Raven is fucking awesome.

Kidman SHOULD be a main eventer right now.

60PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:09 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:But see...that's bullshit logic (not your logic...if they are using that logic). If they were going to go that route, then why include Jeff Hardy at all? First off, Jeff Hardy, alone, does not deserve to be on the list. If anything, The Hardy Boyz as a team deserve an entry. But giving Jeff a spot, when his WWE singles career was laughable at best, he's a fucking junkie, AND he's the TNA Champ?

I stick by my assumption that in NO situation should Hulk Hogan not be Top 3 on ANY list.

100% agreed. Hogan should be #1 without question. Nobody has done more for that company and pro wrestling than Hulk Hogan. He made pro wrestling main stream. He was on the only pro wrestler to ever grace the cover of Sports Illustrated. He had his own Saturday morning cartoon! I do think that The Hardy Boyz should have been included together as well. It's WWE logic. It never makes sense.

Silent K wrote:Scotty 2 Hottie was the worst. I always hoped for a sniper just before he hit the climax of The Worm.

Silent K wrote:I'll school Mary on some old school stuff. I've got a shitload of WWE and ECW DVDs.

Also, OBVIOUSLY she didn't unclick the "let Skype adjust my audio settings" when she called in last night. you're gonna get it
Show her the ECW stuff. She'll like that stuff. Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn gives me a boner. Also Rob Van Dam vs Sabu in a stretcher match was freaking insane. ECW. How I miss you so.

Silent K wrote:PCW: PoP! Cast Wrestling
As much as I like the ones I submitted, this is fucking awesome. headbang

61PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Just a preliminary...especially considering the guys haven't made a public decision yet:

PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Pcwban10

62PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If they haven't decided on PCW, they should because that logo is freaking sweet!

I am loving this show. First episode down and it's full of win. I cannot wait to hear more of this and if you guys ever need someone to help out with a guest-starring role, just let me know. Well done.

63PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Just a preliminary...especially considering the guys haven't made a public decision yet:

That is awesome! I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that we have a winner.

Thanks to the PoP!ulation for all the great feedback. The plan is to have various PoP!ulation members join the show as guests.

64PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A quick comment on the WWF/E Hulk Hogan theme song. It wasn't originally his song. This is from the Wikipedia entry for a tag team called the U.S. Express:

The U.S. Express was a professional wrestling tag team composed of Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham in the World Wrestling Federation. Windham was later replaced by Dan Spivey.

Trivia
Their original team music was "Born in the U.S.A." by Bruce Springsteen. However, Rick Derringer, who was working with the WWF at the time, created a new theme song for them, "Real American." After the team broke up in late 1985, the music was given to Hulk Hogan.

Also, I loved Hulk Hogan's cartoon:

Also, Steve Austin was on Don Johnson's show called "Nash Bridges":

65PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:35 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

PCW FTW!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

66PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:04 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Man, I used to LOVE Nash Bridges.

67PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:53 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Man, I used to LOVE Nash Bridges.
Same here. Don Johnson drove some pretty awesome cars on his shows.

68PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The topic of New Jack was brought up last week, made me remember when he was supposed to go WWE.

New Jack has been rumoured to have had a 5 minute try-out match for the WWE against Val Venis at a RAW show, but was not up to the standards of what WWE officials where asking for, as the match only lasted 1 minute, therefore was unsuccessful to gain the oppurtunity to a WWE dark match. However New Jack was allowed a moment to cut a promo, which supposedly left Vince and Shane McMahon very impressed. Jack got on well with the other wrestlers backstage at the RAW show and pitched an idea for the Cena stabbing storyline to WWE officials, that would involve John being stabbed by New Jack in the nightclub instead of Carlito's bodyguard. It has also been rumoured that Vince didn't want New Jack in the WWE because it could be a dangerous move, as he could end up hurting or injuring somebody. It has also been rumoured that Vince thinks New Jacks forehead is disgraceful from adding colour to a match.

A similar situation happened with WildCat Chris Harris. He was supposed to be the next main eventer in WWE...and then....

Harris announced on his official website that he had signed a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) on January 29, 2008.[3] Harris was pinned by Shelton Benjamin in his WWE debut on March 11, 2008 in a dark match. Harris made his WWE television debut on the July 8, 2008 episode of ECW, under the name "Braden Walker", defeating Armando Estrada.[4] He wrestled one more match, a pinfall victory over James Curtis, before he was released from his WWE contract on August 7, 2008.

Also, remember Wrestling Society X?

69PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:12 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked WSX. It got indy guys some exposure and it was just a fun half hour show.

Don't know if you guys heard, but Tough Enough is coming back.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/official-usa-revives-wwe-tough-enough/

70PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I was a fan of Tough Enough. I'll watch it.

71PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:

Also, remember Wrestling Society X?

I loved WSX. I don't think they gave it enough of a shot.

comicgeekelly wrote:I liked WSX. It got indy guys some exposure and it was just a fun half hour show.

Don't know if you guys heard, but Tough Enough is coming back.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/official-usa-revives-wwe-tough-enough/

I hope the handle it a little more like the UFC handles TUF.

72PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I thought that the first 2 seasons of Tough Enough were pretty damn good, and as legit as you could make the show, without have them "wrestle" eachother each week to see who goes on to the finals. I thought, while not completely destroying the illusion, Tough Enough showed the "behind the curtain" of the business, and showed that these kids really need to bust ass. And, to think, there are still some Tough Enough alumni in the biz, including John Morrison, Miz, Josh Matthews, Skip Sheffield and Matt Morgan.

Also, Tazz as a trainer fucking owned.

73PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Taz has his own wrestling dojo now. It's like a finishing school for wrestlers, and I think they are filming some of it.

74PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:02 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

^ Taz was probably the best thing about Sunday Night Heat as well IMO. That was the weakest show on when I use to watch wrestling.

75PoP! Cast Wrestling - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Cast Wrestling Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:41 am

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Silent K wrote:Just a preliminary...especially considering the guys haven't made a public decision yet:

I support this. Now all we need is people recording their best "PCW" chant for the intro I'm making. Send them to jfx316@gmail.com and I should have it done for the next show.

http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum