Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

"What's A Good Jumping On Point?"

+6
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kidspider2099
Aussiemandias
Sinister Dolphin
rwe1138
jaydee74
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice.

27"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:How do you like marvel's digital comic subscription? I was looking into it but I'm still on the fence about it... how much is it and is it worth it?

I quite like it. There's a pretty big selection of comics. It's not perfect, there are certain series where they skip around and have holes in the collection (for example with Avengers they skip from issue #277 to #345), but there are tons of book on there, and with a lot of them the entire book is available. The newer the issue is the more likely it is to be on available, so stuff what is from within 10 years or so is likely to be on there.

It was $60 for a year subscription. I truly find it to be worth it. Within a week it had already paid for itself. I'd read enough books that if I'd bought them it would have been over $60.

I also find it convenient for reading stuff I already own. Instead of having to search through long boxes I can just read it online. It's nice.

28"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think when I eventually get an iPad, I might look more seriously at digital comics. I have an ipod touch and I've read some free stuff from DC and some other companies and I'm not a fan of it.

29"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:^ Will Do... I also HIGHLY recommend Matt Fraction's run on The Invincible Iron Man. Pretty amazing stuff.
Is that the current stuff? I had been thinking about it and I believe I read the first issue and thought it was interesting.

Yes that is the current stuff. Issue #500 came out last week and perfect if your looking for a jump on spot.

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

30"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not looking to read Marvel on a monthly basis. Just pick and choose some good Marvel stories that I can get in a collection. The current FF sounds pretty good so I'll get it eventually. Marvel seems much more on the ball when it comes to trading then DC so that's cool. I just want to read various Marvel stuff but don't want to commit to monthly titles.

31"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:25 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:I'm not looking to read Marvel on a monthly basis. Just pick and choose some good Marvel stories that I can get in a collection. The current FF sounds pretty good so I'll get it eventually. Marvel seems much more on the ball when it comes to trading then DC so that's cool. I just want to read various Marvel stuff but don't want to commit to monthly titles.

Fair enough. I still recommend Fraction's Iron Man and most of it is already out in trade. World's Most Wanted is where I would reccomend you start.

32"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Sinister Dolphin

Sinister Dolphin
Cadet
Cadet

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:Fair enough. I still recommend Fraction's Iron Man and most of it is already out in trade. World's Most Wanted is where I would reccomend you start.

I believe there's an Omnibus that collects the first 19 issues of Fraction's Invincible Iron Man series, and is a real steal at it's retail price of $40 (and that's without any sort of discount).

33"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:55 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Sinister Dolphin wrote:
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:Fair enough. I still recommend Fraction's Iron Man and most of it is already out in trade. World's Most Wanted is where I would reccomend you start.

I believe there's an Omnibus that collects the first 19 issues of Fraction's Invincible Iron Man series, and is a real steal at it's retail price of $40 (and that's without any sort of discount).

Really? Im going to have to check that out.

34"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sinister Dolphin wrote:

Really? I have never heard of an omnibus costing that little. Amazing. I will have to check that out as well.

35"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:05 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman25JM wrote:
shark6495 wrote:How do you like marvel's digital comic subscription? I was looking into it but I'm still on the fence about it... how much is it and is it worth it?

I quite like it. There's a pretty big selection of comics. It's not perfect, there are certain series where they skip around and have holes in the collection (for example with Avengers they skip from issue #277 to #345), but there are tons of book on there, and with a lot of them the entire book is available. The newer the issue is the more likely it is to be on available, so stuff what is from within 10 years or so is likely to be on there.

It was $60 for a year subscription. I truly find it to be worth it. Within a week it had already paid for itself. I'd read enough books that if I'd bought them it would have been over $60.

I also find it convenient for reading stuff I already own. Instead of having to search through long boxes I can just read it online. It's nice.

Im going to have to look into this for realsies.... Does DC do anything like this yet, does anyone know?

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

36"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:35 am

Sinister Dolphin

Sinister Dolphin
Cadet
Cadet

From Amazon:

Invincible Iron Man Omnibus Vol 1

37"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:33 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Dark Avengers Omnibus is 29.99 on Amazon. I bought it today. 32 bucks for 400 pages of one of my favorite comic runs?

YES!!

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Omnibus-Brian-Michael-Bendis/dp/078515650X/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1296156810&sr=8-5

38"What's A Good Jumping On Point?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "What's A Good Jumping On Point?" Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Im going to have to look into this for realsies.... Does DC do anything like this yet, does anyone know?

No, unfortunately they don't. You can purchase individual DC issues online, but they don't have the same type of thing as Marvel. It sucks because I'd be all over it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum