Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aspen Comics

+4
Joshua
Silent K
Chi-Town Spidey
Foxy
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'm going with Sana's cover. wub She's the artist on Soulfire: Shadow Magic (which Vince writes Wink ), she's really good!

Haven't read #0 yet, it's waiting for me at my shop.

http://www.foxyart.net

27Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Argh, I'll just end up getting both! Laughing Ya know, I never got into soulfire at all, it's always been Fathom and Shrugged for me, now it's Iris.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

28Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:53 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Be sure to tell your store that you want the book and which cover(s) you'd like!

How many issues into Soulfire did you get? Next time I see you I'll lend you my vol. 1 trade and the second Fathom tpb if you'd like.

Your shop is a Graham Crackers, right? Do they normally have Aspen stuff stocked? I had my guy order some things for me and he said I was the first person in a long time who asked for Aspen books. Sad

29Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:
Be sure to tell your store that you want the book and which cover(s) you'd like!

*just got off the phone* Done. Smile

Foxy wrote:
How many issues into Soulfire did you get? Next time I see you I'll lend you my vol. 1 trade and the second Fathom tpb if you'd like.
I don't have ANY! Sad The trades I didn't get to read, I only saw previews and the comic shops really didn't stock up on much. Sad Totally down with that! Thanks! Very Happy, which reminds me, I HAVE stuff to give you including that Michael Turner hat, we have to make an appointment to hang out. Next monday, Chris is coming over here to watch Heroes and Chuck in beautiful HD/Surround Sound glory, you should come here to, or I'll drive out there.

Foxy wrote:
Your shop is a Graham Crackers, right? Do they normally have Aspen stuff stocked? I had my guy order some things for me and he said I was the first person in a long time who asked for Aspen books. Sad

Yes, in Wheaton. They do, Fathom and Iris, some soulfire stuff. NOt many. Sad Yeah, we definately need to get the word of Aspen out, the movie when it comes out will help. Be sure to watch your Graham Cracker comic fliers if you get them with your books, you'll find something in there that'll make you smile. Wink

HINT: Free Comic Book Day.

30Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Spider-Man wrote:
I don't have ANY! Sad The trades I didn't get to read, I only saw previews and the comic shops really didn't stock up on much. Sad Totally down with that! Thanks! Very Happy, which reminds me, I HAVE stuff to give you including that Michael Turner hat, we have to make an appointment to hang out. Next monday, Chris is coming over here to watch Heroes and Chuck in beautiful HD/Surround Sound glory, you should come here to, or I'll drive out there.

Cards are due Tuesday so I'm in crazy must draw faster! mode. Laughing So probably no for Monday. We'll figure something out.

Trade paperbacks available from Aspen Comics:

Fathom Vol. 1
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Fathomtpb

Writer, Bill O'Neill, Michael Turner
Pencils, Michael Turner
Inks, Joe Weems
Colors, JD Smith

" Aspen Matthews is an ex-Olympic, swimmer, marine biologists, and a girl with a past shrouded in mystery. Age eleven, she was found on a cruise ship, with no memory of who she was, or how she got there. Now, as the crew of the top secret US military Deep Marine Discovery platform encounters a strange, alien craft, something is stirring at the back of Aspen's mind, flashes of her earlier life; A life beneath the waves! Collects issues #1-9. " 224 pages, retails for $24.95

Fathom: Definitive Edition
Aspen Comics - Page 2 FATHdef_big

" Aspen is thrilled to bring you the most complete collection of Michael Turner's first-ever creator owned series, Fathom, with this amazing Fathom: The Definitive Edition Trade Paperback! Inside, readers will find the rare Fathom Preview, issues #0 and #1/2, both of which have never been collected in a trade before now! Issues #1 through #9, including the special add-in pages, plus the sold out issues #10 and #11, also making their first trade debut! Re-envisioned pages and excerpts from issues #12 through #14, focusing on Aspen and Cannon's ordeal with Vana! Both original Fathom Swimsuit issues featuring pin-ups from a host of today's top artists, along with a jam-packed cover gallery and more seldom seen Fathom goodies as only Michael Turner and Aspen could deliver! We'll also be including the complete Aspen Extended Edition which bridges the gap between Fathom Volume 1 and Volume 2, and also features the first appearance of everyone's favorite Blue warrior goddess, Kiani! Combine all that together, and you have 496 massive pages of everything that was Fathom Volume 1. " Retails for 49.99
*If you get this tpb, pick up the individual issues for #12-14. Due to ownership rights, Aspen had to edit out Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) and Sara Pezzini (Witchblade).

Fathom: Dawn of War
Aspen Comics - Page 2 FADW-TPB_big

Writer, Michael Turner, Talent Caldwell, JT Krul
Pencils, Talent Caldwell
Inks, Jason Gorder and Sal Regla
Colors, Christina Strain

" With the new Fathom series in full swing, Aspen is proud to offer you the story that sparked the war, and brought the world of Fathom to its knees, Fathom: Dawn of War! Collecting together issues #0, 1, 2, and 3, this special trade paperback contains the entire tale of warfare and betrayal that led up to the battle between the humans and the Blue, and the unheralded surfacing of the Black! Find out for yourself why Dawn of War became one of the most pivotal storylines in Fathom history! " ? pages (4 issues worth), retails for $9.99
*This trade is pretty rare, I'd recommend just picking up the individual issues

Fathom Vol. 2
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Fathomv2TP_big

Writers, JT Krul and Michael Turner
Pencils, Koi Turnbull
Inks, Sal Regla and Jason Gorder
Colors, Paul Mounts and Christina Strain

" Worlds collide when the might of the bloodthirsty Admiral Maylander and the United States military declare war on the Blue civilizations nestled deep under the ocean's surface. Following the classic events of the original Fathom series, the second thrilling volume finds underwater biologist Aspen Matthews struggling to accept the startling reality of her true identity. All in the midst of an all-out war between the humans and the Blue! Collecting for the first time the sold out Fathom: Beginnings and Zero issue, as well as issues #1 though #11. " 320 pages, retails for $29.99

Soulfire Vol. 1
Aspen Comics - Page 2 SoulfireV1TP_big

Writers, Jeph Loeb, Michael Turner, JT Krul
Pencils, Michael Turner
Colors, Peter Steigerwald
" Countless ages ago, battles raged and wars were lost, but one lone heroine fought on. Struggling to prevent a time of magic and wonder from becoming extinct, her fight would span centuries, leading her to the one person who could help change the future forever! This special Soulfire tradepaperback collects together the first five, sold-out issues of the Soulfire series, along with the sold-out #0 issue and the rare introductory Soulfire Preview. Features a complete cover gallery and a brand-new cover by Michael Turner and Peter Steigerwald. " 160 pages, retails for $14.99

Soulfire: The Dying of Light
Aspen Comics - Page 2 SFDL-TPB_big

Writer, JT Krul and Michael Turner
Pencils, Micah Gunnell
Colors, Beth Sotelo
" Collecting issues #0-#5, this stunning tale introduces readers to a world full of wonder, dragons, deception and the fall of magic! As an added bonus this special trade contains a 7-page tale which sets the stage for the events that occur within Dying of the Light. " 176 pages, retails for 14.99

Soulfire: Chaos Reign
Aspen Comics - Page 2 ChaosreignTP_big

Writer, JT Krul
Pencils, Marcus To
Inks, Jason Gorder and Don Ho
Colors, David Moran and Beth Sotelo

" In a time where power ruled over the primal landscape of the world, a hidden savagery lurks, and the only thing one can hope to do among the chaos is - survive! " 96 pages, retails for $9.99

Shrugged
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Shruggedtpb_big

Writer, Michael Turner and Frank Mastromauro
Pencils, Micah Gunnell
Inks, Jason Gorder
Colors, Beth Sotelo

" Everyday we're faced with choices. Left or Right? Stop or go? Love or hate? Yes or no? With each decision affecting our life, our fate. But what if those choices affected more than that - like the fate of the universe? What if they already do? What would you choose? From Michael Turner, the creative mind that brought you Fathom and Soulfire, comes the next wondrous step in comic book entertainment! For every right, there is a wrong. For every action, there is a reaction. For every up, there is a down. And for every decision Theo makes, there is someone making the decisions for him... .and ALL of us!! Welcome to Perspecta, and the reasons behind your wildest thoughts and darkest desires. This trade paperback collects Shrugged Volume 1 in its entirety, including the sold-out Preview and Beginnings issue, along with issues #0 through #8. Includes an extensive cover gallery featuring artwork by series artist Micah Gunnell, along with Shrugged creator Michael Turner and a host of others. " 280 pages, retails for $24.99

31Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:14 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No biggie, whenever you get a chance. Wink DRAW DRAW DDRRAAAWWWWWWWWWW! Laughing

Foxy wrote:

Trade paperbacks available from Aspen Comics:
Fathom Vol. 2
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Fathomv2TP_big

Writers, JT Krul and Michael Turner
Pencils, Koi Turnbull
Inks, Sal Regla and Jason Gorder
Colors, Paul Mounts and Christina Strain

" Worlds collide when the might of the bloodthirsty Admiral Maylander and the United States military declare war on the Blue civilizations nestled deep under the ocean's surface. Following the classic events of the original Fathom series, the second thrilling volume finds underwater biologist Aspen Matthews struggling to accept the startling reality of her true identity. All in the midst of an all-out war between the humans and the Blue! Collecting for the first time the sold out Fathom: Beginnings and Zero issue, as well as issues #1 though #11. " 320 pages, retails for $29.99

Soulfire Vol. 1
Aspen Comics - Page 2 SoulfireV1TP_big

Writers, Jeph Loeb, Michael Turner, JT Krul
Pencils, Michael Turner
Colors, Peter Steigerwald
" Countless ages ago, battles raged and wars were lost, but one lone heroine fought on. Struggling to prevent a time of magic and wonder from becoming extinct, her fight would span centuries, leading her to the one person who could help change the future forever! This special Soulfire tradepaperback collects together the first five, sold-out issues of the Soulfire series, along with the sold-out #0 issue and the rare introductory Soulfire Preview. Features a complete cover gallery and a brand-new cover by Michael Turner and Peter Steigerwald. " 160 pages, retails for $14.99

Shrugged
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Shruggedtpb_big

Writer, Michael Turner and Frank Mastromauro
Pencils, Micah Gunnell
Inks, Jason Gorder
Colors, Beth Sotelo

" Everyday we're faced with choices. Left or Right? Stop or go? Love or hate? Yes or no? With each decision affecting our life, our fate. But what if those choices affected more than that - like the fate of the universe? What if they already do? What would you choose? From Michael Turner, the creative mind that brought you Fathom and Soulfire, comes the next wondrous step in comic book entertainment! For every right, there is a wrong. For every action, there is a reaction. For every up, there is a down. And for every decision Theo makes, there is someone making the decisions for him... .and ALL of us!! Welcome to Perspecta, and the reasons behind your wildest thoughts and darkest desires. This trade paperback collects Shrugged Volume 1 in its entirety, including the sold-out Preview and Beginnings issue, along with issues #0 through #8. Includes an extensive cover gallery featuring artwork by series artist Micah Gunnell, along with Shrugged creator Michael Turner and a host of others. " 280 pages, retails for $24.99

I think these are the next TPB's I'm getting...start slow and catch up. Smile

32Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Spider-Man wrote:I think these are the next TPB's I'm getting...start slow and catch up. Smile

I'm buying Dying of Light and Chaos Reign online in the next few days and my shop is trying to find me Shrugged. Then I'll be all set. Very Happy

Free Comic Book Day!

Worlds of Aspen 2009 feature on Newsarama

Aspen Comics - Page 2 WASP-04_cover

If you are at all curious about Aspen and its titles, please pick up this book! It won't cost ya anything. Wink

33Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:
Free Comic Book Day!

Worlds of Aspen 2009 feature on Newsarama

Aspen Comics - Page 2 WASP-04_cover

If you are at all curious about Aspen and its titles, please pick up this book! It won't cost ya anything. Wink

I always love to hear that! Very Happy Are you by chance heading to Graham Cracker Comics in Wheaton that day? I think you should... Wink

Love talking Aspen back and forth with ya Foxy, but we definately need to get more people on this thread.

I like this!!!!
Aspen Comics - Page 2 09_FAV3-06-FCBDcrop

34Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alright all picked up my Fathoms's 1-6 I believe, this would be Volume three I think, so all I need is Volume two and I'm set.

35Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

In stores today!

Soulfire: New World Order Beginnings #1

Aspen Comics - Page 2 SFnwobg1a_big

Soulfire: Shadow Magic #5

Aspen Comics - Page 2 SFSM5a_big

In stores May 13th!
Fathom #7

Ale Garza cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Fathom7

Marcus To's cover not available yet

In stores June 2009
Soulfire: New World Order Beginnings #2

Francisco Herrera cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Soulfirenewworld2a

Talent Caldwell cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Soulfirenewworld2b

Fathom #8

Ale Garza cover (not final art)
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Fathom8a

Eduardo Francisco cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Fathom8b

36Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:05 am

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Spider-Man wrote:
Foxy wrote:I just bought the Kiani mini series though, so I'm really looking forward to reading that. Smile

I heard of Kiani, seen her, but never really read it. Is it good, I got a signed #0 from Vince.

Spider-Man wrote:Alright all picked up my Fathoms's 1-6 I believe, this would be Volume three I think, so all I need is Volume two and I'm set.

Just finished the Kiani mini (the tpb will be in stores on April 29th). Volume 3 makes a lot more sense now - in fact, everything ties into Vol 3. Killian's Tide, Dawn of War, Kiani.. I'd assume Killian's Vessel and probably Cannon, too, but I don't have those yet. I feel like I should reread everything and start Vol 3 again. It is 10 years worth of stories after all, and everything is connected.

If you read the new issues before Vol 2 it definitely not make as much sense and you'll have a few surprises ruined.. you can probably skip the other minis and just read 2 and 3, but the story is a lot richer when you have the complete back story.

37Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:59 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I started reading Fathom (volume 3) issues 1, 2, and just finished 3. Kinda got the clue on what is going on. I still got 4, 5, and 6 to read. The story is actually pretty rich from Fathom Volume One, more backstory there if you ask me. I don't know if you are reading them or we should allow spoilers on this thread, but the whole backstory of Killian and Kiani sounds interesting from what I gathered, so I might have to pick up the tie ins. I don't mind spoilers, as long as I get to read em. Very Happy

I'm just waiting for Aspen and Kiani to go at it!!! lol! Chance is always punching his brother. Very Happy

38Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:14 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:
Just finished the Kiani mini (the tpb will be in stores on April 29th). Volume 3 makes a lot more sense now - in fact, everything ties into Vol 3. Killian's Tide, Dawn of War, Kiani.. I'd assume Killian's Vessel and probably Cannon, too, but I don't have those yet.

I thought Killian's vessel was The Unknown (Blue Guy, Aspen's Brother, forgot his name at the moment). Didn't that happen if volume two? Damn, I gotta get that tpb.

39Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:48 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I need to pick up those Aspen trades. I think i'll swing on over to the Aspenforum for a bit and see what I can pick up. But i'm not buying anything colored by P............. Laughing (Which is everything kidding, kidding)

40Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Spider-Man wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Just finished the Kiani mini (the tpb will be in stores on April 29th). Volume 3 makes a lot more sense now - in fact, everything ties into Vol 3. Killian's Tide, Dawn of War, Kiani.. I'd assume Killian's Vessel and probably Cannon, too, but I don't have those yet.

I thought Killian's vessel was The Unknown (Blue Guy, Aspen's Brother, forgot his name at the moment). Didn't that happen if volume two? Damn, I gotta get that tpb.

Killian's Vessel was a one shot. It's about him and Anya.
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Fkvess1turner_big

As for Aspen's brother..
Spoiler:

41Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Hannibal king wrote:I need to pick up those Aspen trades. I think i'll swing on over to the Aspenforum for a bit and see what I can pick up. But i'm not buying anything colored by P............. Laughing (Which is everything kidding, kidding)
Aw no, P's a good guy! Laughing

Speaking of, one of my favorite pieces by Peter. happy
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Prv1670_cov

Forgot to mention - yay for another Aspen fan in this thread besides me and Peter! Very Happy

42Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I loved the first volume of Fathom when it came out. I have all of that run (including the super-rare WizardWorld variant to #1). I really wanted to follow it into Aspen comics, but I had nowhere to get them at the time living in Tennessee. All of this stuff looks great to me. I've always been curious about Soulfire and Shrugged, for sure.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

43Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I've seen lots on Ebay for Fathom and Soulfire, and you can normally find them for pretty cheap individually.

Also, check the Aspen booth on Thursday night at WWC. They usually set out copies of extra books that are free to take but they do go fast.

Last edited by Foxy on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

44Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT: IRIS #2 is GUARANTEED in stores July 15th, 2009! FC 32 pages $2.99

Eduardo Francisco cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 00a_IRIS-02c-CMYK

Joe Benitez cover (love this! I love you )
Aspen Comics - Page 2 00b_IRIS-02c-CMYK

Francis Manapul cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 00c_IRIS-02c-CMYK

45Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:09 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:I've seen lots on Ebay for Fathom and Soulfire, and you can normally find them for pretty cheap individually.

Also, check the Aspen booth on Thursday night at WWC. They usually set out copies of extra books that are free to take but they do go fast.

That's what I'm doing.

Foxy wrote:EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT: IRIS #2 is GUARANTEED in stores July 15th, 2009! FC 32 pages $2.99

Eduardo Francisco cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 00a_IRIS-02c-CMYK

Joe Benitez cover (love this! I love you )
Aspen Comics - Page 2 00b_IRIS-02c-CMYK

Francis Manapul cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 00c_IRIS-02c-CMYK

I don't know Foxy, I'm kinda digging the Francis cover more. Smile Rose huh? Wonder what her story is.

46Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

You can see the making of Francis' cover over at Aspen's Blog, pomme noir comics... Wink

47Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:You can see the making of Francis' cover over at Aspen's Blog, pomme noir comics... Wink

Everytime you reply to me you post in a little surprise for me that you'll know I'll love. I love you Your so awesome, I'm sure you've heard this from me plenty of times, but here's one more...."Thank YOU!!" Very Happy

48Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:59 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

[quote="Foxy"]
Hannibal king wrote:I need to pick up those Aspen trades. I think i'll swing on over to the Aspenforum for a bit and see what I can pick up. But i'm not buying anything colored by P............. Laughing (Which is everything kidding, kidding)
Aw no, P's a good guy! Laughing

No doubt, no doubt. My Aspen panels don't feel the same without his "Alooooooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaa"

49Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll be posting reviews on this thread of the Aspen comics that I get which is Fathom and Iris. These "spoiler" reviews will begin next week.

50Aspen Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: Aspen Comics Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:01 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Soulfire #9 in stores April 22

Michael Turner cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 Yhst-92207538504947_2051_70176282

Joe Benitez cover
Aspen Comics - Page 2 SF9prnt_big

Soulfire #10 in stores May 27th - final issue of Vol. 1