Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 Celebrity BFF's

+19
TENIME_art
blue halo
Spaced4SimonPegg
potatojoe
Z-R0E
superdoug
Ska
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
Debaser77
Esbat
Silent K
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Hannibal king
FroZen
Joshua
Topcat
Mnemosis
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

265 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:16 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Topcat wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:
Topcat wrote:Oh, man, he'd be AWESOME to interview for PoP! 5 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Icon_vhappy

Tell me you guys are working on this!?!?!

That would be a MAJOR coup.

But not as impossible as we might think.

My buddy Geo hung out w/ him for a while, & got mentioned in his last book.

The dude can't be straight out all the time, and PoP! is a worthy cause! 5 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Thumb

I'm pretty sure he can be gotten for a phone interview. I'll see about setting something up. I don't think the PoP!stars would mind?

http://realityfugitives.com/

275 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:55 am

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know THIS one wouldn't! 5 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Accomplished

http://www.tamarasanime.com

285 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:05 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
Topcat wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:
Topcat wrote:Oh, man, he'd be AWESOME to interview for PoP! 5 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Icon_vhappy

Tell me you guys are working on this!?!?!

That would be a MAJOR coup.

But not as impossible as we might think.

My buddy Geo hung out w/ him for a while, & got mentioned in his last book.

The dude can't be straight out all the time, and PoP! is a worthy cause! 5 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Thumb

I'm pretty sure he can be gotten for a phone interview. I'll see about setting something up. I don't think the PoP!stars would mind?

Bruce Campbell is awesome. I wrote him a fan email a long time back, not expecting to hear anything back. Instead, I got this awesome response (that could very well have been his secretary -- don't harsh my buzz) from him that was funny, answered all of my questions, and made me feel like if he lived in the area, I could totally invite him to hang out and he would have said 'hell yeah!'

So, that in mind, my five would be:

1. Bruce Campbell
2. Kathy Griffin
3. Zachary Levi (he can be on both lists)
4. Jim Parsons
5. Rodney Carrington

295 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:Aisha Tyler? Really? SOOOO hot!
I think she's pretty cool.
I loved her stand-up special earlier this year. She was the only reason I watched Talk Soup back in the day. Not just because she's gorgeous. Her humor and the writers seemed better.

superdoug wrote:
Bruce Campbell is awesome. I wrote him a fan email a long time back, not expecting to hear anything back. Instead, I got this awesome response (that could very well have been his secretary -- don't harsh my buzz) from him that was funny, answered all of my questions, and made me feel like if he lived in the area, I could totally invite him to hang out and he would have said 'hell yeah!'

So, that in mind, my five would be:

1. Bruce Campbell
2. Kathy Griffin
3. Zachary Levi (he can be on both lists)
4. Jim Parsons
5. Rodney Carrington
That is awesome. Interesting list, too.

305 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:20 am

Z-R0E

Z-R0E
Cadet
Cadet

Most of my list is based on "what could they do for me" rather than just "I wonder what they're like in real life".

1) President of the United States
I don't care who it is or from what party, having the president as your best friend has got to have some awesome perks. Late for work? "Sorry, I had a meeting. You know, with the president." Get a parking ticket? "Do you know who my best friend is?" There'd be plenty of opportunity to drop suggestions you'd want to see done, and even if he didn't end up following most of them that's still a considerable influence over the country. The big downside would be that the opposing party would try to publicly demonize you, but I could live with that (I might even get a kick out of it).

2) Chris Metzen (of Blizzard)
I don't know how much he'd be considered a "celebrity", but he is one of the most known people at Blizzard. Ever since the original Warcraft, I've spent A LOT of my time playing Blizzard games. Metzen is responsible for most all the lore behind StarCraft and Warcraft, it'd just be fun to have that kind of connection. Beta access to new games? Try pre-beta friends & family access. Then to top it off, you'd have a direct line to the higher ups at Blizzard for getting your suggestions into their games.

3) Kevin Smith
Kind of an obvious choice, but I think it'd be genuinely entertaining hanging out with him & his circle of friends. This is the one entry on my list that isn't so much "what can they get me", but rather he seems like the kind of person that I'd want to be friends with.

4) Member of my favorite music group
I'm not even sure who my favorite band/group is now days, but it's kind of irrelevant to the list. Being best friends with one of them would be a blast. I could go on tour with them for free. I'd get to hear new albums before they were released, and all the non-released stuff that never makes it public. My only concern would be if knowing them personally would ruin their music for me, but I don't think so (it might depend on the group). If they were a big enough band, there'd most likely be lots of additional perks as well.

5) Michael Bay, circa 2004
That way, when he got hired on to do Transformers and approached me saying "I had this great idea to put flames on Optimus!" I could slap across the face and a make a positive change for the future.

http://z-r0e.com

315 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:28 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

S-Doug: I love Kathy but I don't think she'd get along with me in the long run, I'd probably say something that would hurt her feelings and I like her too much to do anything like that.

325 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:05 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This thread need some NecroZombiPosting

335 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:21 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

5. Rain Wilson- I love the Office

4. Weird Al- Hanging with the weird one would be nothing but fun

3. Stan Lee- I love hearing his stories in interviews. It's like listening to an awesome Grandpa

2. Brian Posehn- Because he's so metal

1. Glenn Danzig- Best Frontman, Asshole, little person around

345 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mark Hamill
Billy Boyd
Jason Segel
Bill Hader
Edgar Wright

I want to swap out Jason Segel for Paul Williams.

355 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

good thread Nice resurrection.

365 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Silent K wrote:Michael Jordan: It's like he's not even a real person...like he's Santa Claus
Dave Grohl: Music Legend and funny guy
Mick Foley: One of my favorite people of all time
Andy Samberg: One of the funniest guys going, and the run-off pussy from Timberlake would be astronomical
Quentin Tarantino: His work and his circle of friends

Those that would be on my list if not deceased:

John Belushi
Heath Ledger
Chris Farley

I stand by my list.

375 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:5. Tom Savini
4. Vivica A. Fox
3. Tina Fey
2. Lewis Black
1. Bruce Campbell

Might need to change this up just a tiny bit.

385 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:19 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I'm assuming none of these friendships will lead to sex. This one is going to take some serious thinking.

Way to ruin a thread. shake my head ...I can't believe no friends with benefits thumbs down Wink

1. Simon Pegg - I know I would be laughing all day long with him.
2. Michelle Rodiguez - I think her and I would have a lot in common.
3. Quentin Tarantino - I would love to sit around and discuss movies with him.
4. Gwen Stefani - my shopping girlfriend.
5. Gerald Butler - he seems like he has awesome sense of humor.

395 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

1. Ryan Reynolds - Funny as shit. I wonder if he's "on" all the time, or if that's just an on-screen thing.
2. Sascha Konietzko (of KMFDM) - Makes some of the best damn music I've ever heard.
3. Henry Rollins - Smart. Funny. Insightful. Need I say more?
4. Kevin Smith - Makes great movies, and is very funny.
5. Robert Downey, Jr. - Probably throws a mean party.

405 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:27 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll need a bit to think of the entire list, but I know at least one person on it:

5 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Neil-patrick-harris-300x300

415 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:55 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:If you could be friends with any 5 celebrities, who would they be and why?

Christopher Walken - I've got to know if he's like that in real life, and if so, I need to experience it.

I met Walken once, it's all an act. He's just an old guy that likes to fish.

http://www.smithmag.net/brushes_with_fame/story.php?did=53206

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

425 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:06 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bruce Campbell
Chuck Norris
Benny Urquidez
Sho Kosugi
Christian Bale

Honorable Mentions: Morgan Freeman, Rutger Hauer, Christopher Lambert, Seth Rogen, and Samuel L. Jackson.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

435 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kevin Smith
Kristen Wiig
Garrison Keillor
Ann and Nancy Wilson
Ernie Harwell

445 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:41 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:
Honorable Mentions: Morgan Freeman, Rutger Hauer, Christopher Lambert, Seth Rogen, and Samuel L. Jackson.
Good list, but oh, man, I have tons of honorable mentions that keep me second-guessing my original list, but I think I've chose the ones that I think would be more compatible with conversation and such, rather than me really liking them. Like, me loves SLJ. He rocks. There's some cool conversations there, but I don't know about friendship. He's a super-actor, his age, and style is really different from me.

455 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:16 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

5.) Pauley Perrette- We look alike, we both like/have tattoos, and she has a good taste in music.
4.) Bruce Campbell- he is just all around awesome, and he is from Michigan too
3.) Bill Nighy- He seems like he would be a fun drinking buddy.
2.) Ian Mcdiarmid- He has a similar taste in books, and he is interested in the Bow Street Runners too.
1.) Doc Hammer- We are both artsy people, and he is hilarious.

465 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Of course it is Doc Hammer. Wink

475 Celebrity BFF's - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Celebrity BFF's Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:12 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

I'd Go with

1. Kevin Smith
2. Paul Rudd
3. Sam Elliot
4. Grant Morrison
5. Seth Green

I had to stop and laugh just at the thought of Grant Morrison and Sam Elliot hanging out togther. That tickled me.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum