Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reborn Revealed

+5
rwe1138
shining knight
Administrator
Joshua
Lee
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reborn Revealed Empty Reborn Revealed Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:45 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

What do you think?

I don't like it. 1, I think it's a little too soon and 2, I fucking HATE that we already know the hook of this book. Where's the mystery? Sure, we all THOUGHT it was about Steve's return, but why not let us see for ourselves? Do you HAVE to let the cat of the bag, Marvel?

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic read and it gives me a chance to see if all the crack pot theories I have are remotely right, but something about this whole things rubs me the wrong way.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

2Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:50 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:Do you HAVE to let the cat of the bag, Marvel?
Well, yeah. The chance to receive mainstream press is far and away more important to them than the fans that actually support them and keep them in business.

Personally, I have no interest whatsoever in reading this and I'm still thinking I might drop Captain America with 600. Paying $4.99 every once in awhile back when most comics were $2.99 wasn't so bad. Now with at least 50% of my weekly comics being $3.99, that $4.99 price tag hurts more than ever. Coupled with the fact that I can't remember the last time the comic book really kept me enthralled, I just can't justify that kind of money in these financially troubling times.

3Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Cap 600 is oversized, though, so it justifies the price tag. A lot of the current $3.99 books do not, I agree, but for me Cap has been a consistent winner for years. I just hate this media ass-kissing they're doing. Cap 25 was a fluke in all likelihood. That is NOT going to happen again and it's a little shameless that they would try to MAKE it happen again.

4Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:27 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oversized or not, five dollars is a lot of money to spend right now, particularly with the onslaught of $3.99 books Marvel is throwing at us. I find myself dropping more and more Marvel titles in an effort to save money.

5Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:50 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I do not disagree.

6Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:59 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Sounds too obvious to me. And what makes it "big media thing" like Marvel claimed it'll be? Unless they announce the casting of Cap in the upcoming movie at the same time, or bringing back a black Cap (plus announcing the casting of a big name black actor for the movie role) - it doesn't make for a big news outside the comics world, unlike Steve's death.

(BTW, if you want to read an early full synopsis of Captain America #600, head to BleedingCool.com.)

The article that broke the news doesn't even mention Captain America #600 and that it's being sold today. The leading image was changed, but when read it earlier it had Bucky Cap with the same description. Nice journalism and PR job!

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

7Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:35 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oversized or not, five dollars is a lot of money to spend right now, particularly with the onslaught of $3.99 books Marvel is throwing at us. I find myself dropping more and more Marvel titles in an effort to save money.

and theres or course the uk where its priced at £4.15 seriously do a currency conversion on that I dare you!

I'll save you the bother its over six dollars for a comic book fuck that!

8Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:34 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Meh. I'll read it in trade, like the rest of Bru's Cap.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

9Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:01 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is too soon. Bucky only became Cap like a year ago (I know Steve's been dead 2 years, but Bucky didn't become Cap right away).

Don't get me wrong, I love Steve and I miss him, but bringing him back now will screw up Bucky's development.

I guess the one good thing about Steve coming back now is the fact that he'll be here during Dark Reign. That way he can see how fall the world has fallen.

I wonder if people will think that Steve is a Skrull at first. They should suspect it. If they don't even mention it I'll be disappointed.

10Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:12 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
I wonder if people will think that Steve is a Skrull at first. They should suspect it. If they don't even mention it I'll be disappointed.

I have a feeling that the Cap that actually died was the real Captain America. The real Steve Rogers will be found somewhere in a dank cell with Skrull scripture carved into the walls around him.

Seriously, if I were the Skrulls, that's how I would have done it. Sent a Skrull sleeper to take over the mantle of the hero most other heroes look to for guidance. Plant another as someone close to Iron Man, who can persuade him to start a War that will make the regular population suspicious of their heroes. Then martyr Captain America to demoralize the world even further, then start your invasion while they're reeling.

(Somewhere in the middle of that, you sit back and laugh as The Hulk and the Warbound cut a neat swath through the heroes who could really give you a problem.)

11Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Steve's body didn't deteriorate like the Skull's did when Bucky killed him. Brubaker wrote both stories. He COULDN'T have missed that detail by accident.

12Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd probably be more prone to care about this if Marvel would tell it within the ongoing Captain America book, rather than feeling the need to tell this story in a separate mini-series, priced to own at $3.99 to boot.

13Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:I'd probably be more prone to care about this if Marvel would tell it within the ongoing Captain America book, rather than feeling the need to tell this story in a separate mini-series, priced to own at $3.99 to boot.
Yeah, I don't get that. Unless there's some genuine back and forth between books like a mini event, this makes no sense.

14Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:44 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Are you kidding? $$$

And with Hitch on art, don't expect it to be on time.

15Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:Are you kidding? $$$

I expect nothing; this latest announcement has caused me to not only not pick Reborn, but to drop Captain America entirely, as well as looking to drop more Marvel titles.

16Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'm sick of events. Marvel should just let important shit happen in the regular titles and have tie-ins if necessary. For instance, the Avenger books could tie into it, but Marvel will probably have every single title have a Reborn tie-in.

17Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:
Spidey_82 wrote:Are you kidding? $$$

I expect nothing; this latest announcement has caused me to not only not pick Reborn, but to drop Captain America entirely, as well as looking to drop more Marvel titles.
It's sad that Brubaker got involved in this scheme.

18Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:53 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

I was pissed but like a guy at a comic shop said
at least bru has been planing this,and not let him just come back out of the blue
but i still miss the surprise of his return
feel like Joe Q is like "here he is"
I want a holy shit moment

19Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:43 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Planned crap bothers me no less than unplanned crap.

20Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:23 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

so what kinda crap works for you?

21Reborn Revealed Empty Re: Reborn Revealed Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I have to say that the setup to Reborn in Cap #600 is intriguing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum