Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arkham Reborn

+3
BlueMaxx
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Arkham Reborn Empty Arkham Reborn Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:16 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Arkham Reborn #1

Solid opening that builds off the unspoken highlight of Battle For the Cowl. David Hine's writing reminds me of Morrison without all the crazy literary references and symbolism/metaphors. The script is supported finely in its artwork of bizarre environments and characters. You just knew someone would have the "inside" position over there at Arkham; not good for Gotham! Can't wait to see where this goes.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Worth Buying

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Title)

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

2Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:47 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was a good little book. I think the One Shot was better than this, but it's only the first issue.

3Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:48 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't wait to read this.

4Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:02 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

5Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I liked this better than the one shot. More direction.

6Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:18 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Arkham Reborn #2

What an surprising little mini this is turning out to be! Of course if you read the Battle For the Cowl one-shot, then perhaps David Hine and Jeremy Haun's quality in creating the creepiest of comic books isn't as shocking. What's shocking is how pampered these monsters are, after slaughtering and tormenting dozens and dozens (hundreds?) of innocent civillians throughtout Gotham. This building, after all, is Jeremy's little baby and his three particular misfits are there to keep his spirits flowing. Fortunately for us readers, the only person Jeremy Arkham feels he can trust does him in, and all with the help of someone with as much bloodlust for Gotham. I'm loving how this is all very relevant to the current happenings in the other Bat-books, and how this final upcoming issue is going to be a pure adrenaline rush to the finish.

4/5 Ice Cubes - Excellent book

7Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:20 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really, really enjoyed this issue. After the end of it, it feels like it should be more than 3 issues long.

8Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:27 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Arkham Reborn #3

I'm actually sad to see this go. David Hane is one of my "writers to look for" now that this mini has been a success. At least in quality. While it deserves more press than it does, this issue features a pretty twisted reveal at the end. Did you expect anything less? The art, again, creepy throughout...makes us feel throwupy as if we're seeing some pretty squirmy stuff. Check out the cockroaches that invade one of Jeremiah's favorite three. Pretty sickly.

And the actions that follow are not at all predictable. When I read the first page I thought this was going to turn into the video game. It sorta doesn't go that way. Thankfully we get something different, at least enough where twists and turns help avoid your standard prison break. And I just love when Grayson answers the call without the mask, "this is Batman." Chilling.

4/5 Bags&Boards - DC's Book of the Week...except of course Detective Comics Smile

Last edited by LOOSECANNON on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:29 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, Hine is really good. He was great on Spawn and now Spawn is getting worse and worse again. I'm going to look out for the trade of this.

10Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:31 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really confused to what happened at the end. I've just started following DC this past year so excuse me, but is Jester an established character?

11Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:57 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alyce is a ho-bag and I want to punch her in the face and choke her with her lame hair ribbons.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

12Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:40 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

What the hell was up with the ending? I didn't get it at all.

13Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm pretty late with this, but I just read it. Thoroughly enjoyed it until the ending. Not to say it was bad, I just wasn't sure what happened. Was The Jester The Joker or...?

Oh...I see that you all feel the same. Heh. The ending seemed like maybe Jeremiah had gone insane, and that The Jester was a figment of his imagination? Or maybe the Asylum manifest?

14Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:21 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, Joker tends to "recreate" his personality every so often (usually after something traumatic).. perhaps this is the newest manifestation? That's how I'm taking it until we get more details

15Arkham Reborn Empty Re: Arkham Reborn Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:56 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Hrm. Good assessment. I mean, when he thought Batman changed "the game" when he thought he shot him in the face, his psyche went through a hardcore transformation that was pushing him towards TDK Joker with the blunt-chaos type of persona. Maybe this is a regression or a turn/evolution down some other path?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum