Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

favorite Star Wars books

+15
UltimateUltimacy
SexyToaster
MikeSabian
Captain Painway
Tom
Off_White_Lantern
Ric Magnum
tstrike99
jaydee74
vikoros
Esbat
superdoug
Ben Akers
rwe1138
supervenom
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I really liked her first Clone Wars novel.

27favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:46 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Right now I'm about 3/4 of the way through Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover. So far I think it's crap. Seriously, it's probably one of the absolute worst Star Wars books I've read. I find myself really not caring what happens at all. I don't know if it's due to the author's inadequate writing or the character of Mace Windu itself. Either way, I'm having a hard time motivating myself to finish this one....

The problem was, the author wasn't writing Mace Windu... they were writing Sam Jackson. It was pretty obvious with that initial shower scene where he beats the dude even though he doesn't have his "robes."

I just finished the latest Fate of the Jedi book "Omen." I'm still digging Ben Skywalker as a character in this series. It's actually the main draw. I do wish someone would off Daala already. I'm tired of baby emperor running around. The government story has hardly changed over the years. Let's see something new. I keep waiting for it to show signs of moving toward the "future" we have in the Legacy comic book series. Several of the pieces are there, but they seem to be taking their sweet time making the plunge.

Vestara is an interesting character. Also, this one definitely ended on a cliffhanger. Unfortunately I made the mistake of reading the "back-cover" synopsis of the next one on Amazon and it destroyed the anticipation for me. Oh well.

Wish they would solve the crazy Jedi thing soon though. That subplot is starting to wear on me.

Last edited by vikoros on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

28favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:35 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Because I love romance, I liked The Courtship of Princess Leia. I also liked the Young Jedi series.

29favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Sat May 15, 2010 12:25 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I've been on a break from Star Wars for a couple months. I'm thinking I may have to venture back into the universe with lightsabers pretty soon....Backlash is sitting in my "to read" stack.

30favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:37 am

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I really enjoyed the Darth Bane trilogy. It got me back into Star Wars after falling out of it for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

31favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:14 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I just finished the Darth Bane trilogy myself. I do hope they continue the story, especially with the enigmatic ending.

Finally got to borrow my dad's Kindle to read the Lost Tribe of the Sith novellas. I wouldn't really recommend them as stand alone works. You have to be really into Fate of the Jedi to really know what's going on. It also requires a bit of knowledge regarding ancient Sith history.

Guess I'll have to look to other things for a while since the next Fate of the Jedi book isn't coming out for quite a while.

32favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:21 am

BigSoupCan

BigSoupCan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

The Han Solo trilogy was the first one I ever finished. Still love it.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/?sk=nf

33favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:51 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

My favorite Star Wars book has to be Shadows of the Empire.

Oh also my friend turned me onto this Iphone/Itouch app called SW Books. It's a app spreadsheet that gets constantly updated with all the Star Wars books. It's great you can go through and add all the books that you have read or own weather it's in ebook form, audio form or physical form. This app is perfect for the Star Wars book collector like myself and has saved me from buying duplicates many of times. Oh and the Star trek book app comes out sometime in the fall too! Very Happy

Just look up Star Wars in the App store and scroll down til you see Star Wars books/SW books.

34favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:35 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

this past week I've been at home sick from work so I've read about 9 Star Wars books in the last 7-10 days. I found a new favorite though, Death Star by Michael Reeves and Steve Perry. Something about this story really hooked me!

35favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:31 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Death Star was GREAT! I read that when it came out. Loved it! It's definitely one of my favorites.

I'm hoping to get Fate of the Jedi: Vortex from my wife for Christmas... been waiting to reading for a while now. This series has been really strong and made me really love Ben Skywalker as a character. I'm intrigued by the Sith girl flirtation, and kind of hope that they don't go with the Skywalker-redeems-a-chick story line... but at the same time, I'd like Ben to have something go his way for once.

I tried to read The Old Republic: Alliance, but I couldn't get through the first chapter. It's like they completely ignored their setting. It felt like a regular, post-Endor Star Wars novel and not a thousands-of-years-before Yavin book. I might give it another try, but I just don't like them using things just because they are cool when they don't fit in the setting. Sheesh... I sound like one of those really annoying ultra-nerds.

36favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:31 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Yeah I've really liked the Fate of the Jedi series so far. At first it was a little hard to get into since it's only Ben and Luke. (I think the whole family dynamic since Mara's death hasn't been right) I agree that Ben Skywalker is a great character, it's almost like he's the character Luke should have been in Episode IV.
I have the Old Republic book too, haven't cracked it open yet. I've heard that it was really good, but that some people didn't like it because it wasn't the same "old republic" as it was in the Darth Bane books.

37favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

vikoros wrote:
I tried to read The Old Republic: Alliance, but I couldn't get through the first chapter. It's like they completely ignored their setting. It felt like a regular, post-Endor Star Wars novel and not a thousands-of-years-before Yavin book. I might give it another try, but I just don't like them using things just because they are cool when they don't fit in the setting. Sheesh... I sound like one of those really annoying ultra-nerds.

I wasn't very impressed with it.

38favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:47 am

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

Just re-read the Republic Commando series. What a great series. Makes me even more pissed off that Karen Traviss will not be returning to pen the final Imperial Commando novel. Also pissed that Lucas pretty much took a dump on everything Mandalorian that Traviss created.

39favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Right? We should be seeing tons of Mando-related stuff in the Clone Wars animated series!

40favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've really only read the "Tales of..." anthologies (...Mos Eisley, ...Jabba's Palace, ...the Bounty Hunters) but I liked them very much.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

41favorite Star Wars books - Page 2 Empty Re: favorite Star Wars books Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:27 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I think Tales of the Bounty Hunters was the first EU novel I read. You should read the Thrawn Trilogy... you'll be hooked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum