Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flash: Rebirth

+19
superdoug
Jherek
Chi-Town Spidey
DickGrayson007
Kelson
Aussiemandias
jaydee74
Metal Misfit
Tom
shining knight
Batman25JM
Esbat
Rath99
Joshua
shiky800
Debaser77
Administrator
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:10 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never understood the point of the ultimate universe

the only ultimate story was an avengers story where scarlet witch and quicksilver were having an incesturious affair...ick

27Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Ya...but that was Ultimate Beast. Heh.

True, but it was just an example. tongue

Spidey_82 wrote:Thanks for spoiling it... Nah, I hate the Ultimate U. nowadays.

You're welcome. Laughing

But hey, Marvel spoiled it first with their ads (which Lee talked about in a BLAARGH!)

shining knight wrote:I never understood the point of the ultimate universe

the only ultimate story was an avengers story where scarlet witch and quicksilver were having an incesturious affair...ick

The point of the Ultimate U is simple: to create a new universe to tell stories in where you aren't weighed down by 50 years of continuity and to update the characters a little.

28Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I'm interested in Rebirth, but not enough to buy each issue. I'll just wait for the trade. I'll probably get the Flash Blackest Night mini though.

29Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

It's good so far, I'm a little confused as to how all of the DCU books fit together right now.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

30Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:I'm interested in Rebirth, but not enough to buy each issue. I'll just wait for the trade. I'll probably get the Flash Blackest Night mini though.
It's pretty good. I'm a Wally fan through and through, and when I heard about Barry's return I rolled my eyes. But, I'm enjoying the read so far. Still kind of feels like it is burning off of the Geoff Johns "remembrance" type of writing when it comes to Golden Age characters.

Also, and even though I'm not buying the main title (will probably get it in trade, though), I'm getting BN: The Flash. As well as a couple other titles.

Metal Misfit wrote:It's good so far, I'm a little confused as to how all of the DCU books fit together right now.
I'm used to thinking that way, too. But it seems books are trying to be there own thing, albeit still echoing past events. I mean, even with Blackest Night the books are still self-contained. Much better than in the past...or over at Marvel. Heh.

31Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was just so excited for Flash: Rebirth, and so far it has been a pretty big disappointment. I don't hate it, but my expectations were just so high and it's fell short.

I am liking Barry a lot though. He's been awesome in Blackest Night. I'm happy they brought him back.

32Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:55 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I was just so excited for Flash: Rebirth, and so far it has been a pretty big disappointment. I don't hate it, but my expectations were just so high and it's fell short.

I am liking Barry a lot though. He's been awesome in Blackest Night. I'm happy they brought him back.

I agree with you. I think the timing of it is off. It's to close to Blackest Night and is getting lost.

33Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I bet this story would have been better if I just read this all at once instead of reading an issue and waiting longer than it takes for Barry Allen to make a date on time. The delays are so killing the momentum on this.

34Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I bet this story would have been better if I just read this all at once instead of reading an issue and waiting longer than it takes for Barry Allen to make a date on time. The delays are so killing the momentum on this.
I couldn't agree more. And knowing Barry gets out of it okay (thanks to Blackest Night) kind of takes away the tension too.

35Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I bet this story would have been better if I just read this all at once instead of reading an issue and waiting longer than it takes for Barry Allen to make a date on time. The delays are so killing the momentum on this.
I couldn't agree more. And knowing Barry gets out of it okay (thanks to Blackest Night) kind of takes away the tension too.

I know what you mean about Barry getting taking some of the tension away but still, the journey could still be cool. Example. We knew beforehand that Kyle Rayner would escape Parallax and become a Green Lantern again. It took some of the suspense out of Rebirth but when the moment happened in Rebirth, it was still very awesome. I think that Rebirth will overall be a cool event but I'm sick of the waiting.

36Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

Metal Misfit wrote:It's good so far, I'm a little confused as to how all of the DCU books fit together right now.

Flash: Rebirth takes place entirely before Blackest Night. I'm not sure how it lines up with other stuff, though.

http://speedforce.org/

37Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:53 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I agree that the delays have killed whatever momentum the book had.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

38Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

It'll read better in trade.

39Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:I agree that the delays have killed whatever momentum the book had.
Agreed. Everytime I get an ish I seem to care less and less.

40Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:26 am

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I still think Barry's link to the death of other speedsters isn't coincidental and that it will be referenced in Blackest Night.

41Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I'm getting conflicting info. Is this title a mini, or an ongoing series?

42Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Nevermind.. I looked it up on dc's website. 6-part series.

43Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:29 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#5 was the best issue yet, IMO. Non-stop action. I'm digging Wally's new costume and Iris' new codename.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

44Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:42 pm

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

For those who want spoilers, I've posted a cameraphone pic of Wally's new costume:

http://speedforce.org/2009/11/wally-wests-new-costume/

It works for me. I'm not so big on Irey's new ID, but I'm willing to see what they do with it.

45Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:23 am

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

Okay, I've finally had time to re-read the first four issues and give this one a second pass. So how does it stack up?

Very well, actually.

Barry's solved his cold case. Zoom's not only ruthless, but petty and vindictive as well. The changes to the other characters work: breaking up the twin dynamic will simplify Wally's sidekicks, and it's good to see Iris take a step toward her destiny (though it'll take me a while to warm up to her using the Impulse identity).

The main thing I didn't like about this book is that it really feels like the story itself is less important than shifting characters around. I'm looking forward to reading a Flash story that's actually a story and not just setup for the real story.

Full review here.

46Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:27 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

47Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I liked it too but I'm gonna hafta re-read all the issues when it's over. The wait between issues on this title is a pain for keeping hold of the plot. Almost wish I'd waited for the trade. And, I agree, sometimes (especially this issue) the narrative seems to be taking second place to the reshuffling of the cast. Can someone explain exactly what happened with the twins? Did they merge or what? I'm a little confused. Also I think Wally's 'new' costume could still use being a tad more distinctive from Barry's.

48Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:07 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'm looking forward to reading this. Hopefully #6 will be on its way soon so we can get Blackest Night: Flash already.

49Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:10 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Can someone explain exactly what happened with the twins? Did they merge or what? I'm a little confused.

The way I understand it,
Spoiler:

And I am very thumbs-up in regards to Liberty Belle's new costume. A nice combination of both the legacies she carries.

50Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 Empty Re: Flash: Rebirth Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Thanks Superdoug.

I liked the old insignia on Liberty Belle. The way the lightning bolt was also the crack in the bell. The new costume is cool though.

I love little Iris as Impulse but I found it odd that, even in the heat of battle and costume redesign, no-one asked after Jai. He's gonna be a little pissed off to lose his powers isn't he? When pretty much his whole family are super. I hope he doesn't go to the dark side of the Speed Force! Flash: Rebirth - Page 2 334450

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum