Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Flash

+19
G_Zatara
LordD3r3k
comicgeekelly
Sandman
LOOSECANNON
Bigtymin504
Kelson
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Tom
Nymn
Administrator
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1The Flash Empty The Flash Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:57 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

The title returns in April with a new numbering. Geoff Johns back as a writer, Francis Manapul on art.
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/12/i-look-at-something-like-the-flash-as-a-long-term-mission-johns-says/

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

2The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:21 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I'd try it, but I've been really underwhelmed by Flash: Rebirth. I still think bringing back Barry was pointless. Unless I hear some stellar things about it, I won't be getting this.

3The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

As much as I want to love this, I starting to think that Johns is spreading himself out too much.

4The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:13 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm a sucker for The Flash, so I'll be getting the series and the Secret Files and Origins one-shot.

5The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really really looking forward to this. I love the Flash, and lately I've been LOVING Barry. I'm starting to like him more than Wally (I still love Wally, but his kids have really hurt my enjoyment of him).

Johns is by far the best writer DC has (at least IMO), and his original Flash run was fantastic. I have a feeling that this book will be awesome. I don't think Flash: Rebirth is that great, but I think that's because it all seems like setup. Once that's over he can get into doing more characterization.

I absolutely LOVE Manapul's art, and having him on this book will be a big bonus.

I had heard a few months ago that the new Flash book was going to be called All Flash and star Barry and Wally, was that just a rumor? Does anyone know what's going to be going on with Wally? Also, isn't there going to be a Kid Flash book as well? Personally, I think in addition to The Flash and Kid Flash books there should be a book called Flash Family that stars all the DCU speedsters (Barry, Jay, Wally, Bart, Jesse, Irey, Max).

6The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Francis Manapul's art is like a visual orgy.

7The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:Francis Manapul's art is like a visual orgy.

QFT.

8The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:57 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There are not words for how much I love this cover.

The Flash Flash-secret-files-and-origins

9The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:05 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll give a few issues a try because I like the Flssh but I don't know about sticking with it for the 'long run'. I'll have to drop a book or two if I do that, not because of money but because of my lack of enthusiasm for whatever book I feel needs to be dropped.

10The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:57 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash Flash1_cover_02
Seems Barry's gonna be spinning the detective aspect of his career right back where he left it.

I want my ring!!!
https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/dc-comics-f5/some-more-ring-promotions-with-brightest-day-t2531.htm

11The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:45 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

I'm still on the fence. I'll probably get the first arc, since I love Geoff writing the Rogues. If he doesn't hook me there, I might switch to trades.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

12The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:46 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:The Flash Flash1_cover_02
Seems Barry's gonna be spinning the detective aspect of his career right back where he left it.

I want my ring!!!
https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/dc-comics-f5/some-more-ring-promotions-with-brightest-day-t2531.htm

That picture is AWESOME!!!!

13The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:02 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That is an eye-catcher. Francis Manapul did the cover. Never heard of the guy, but I like the cut of his jib. [searched] He was a Witchblade artist, amongst other obscure artistry.

14The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:09 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Francis Manapul's art is just amazing. He was also on Adventure Comics with Geoff Johns.

15The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:19 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Manupal's art it seems like there's a Tim Sale-ish quality to it. The book sounds interesting but I'll wait for a reveiw of it or something, It does seem like Johns' is spreading his wings a little too far.

16The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:50 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

More Manupal Flash art goodness here: http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=33759

Freakin' gorgeous! I love the lightning effect and his Abra Kadabra looks great! Manupal will quickly be up there with Scott Kolins and Mike Wieringo in no time. And man, this picture of the Rogues looks great!
The Flash Blnfls-cv3-var.450

Can't wait. Haven't heard great things about 'Rebirth' but I'm sure that's pretty much just a set up arc.

17The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:08 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Gasp! I want that as a wallpaper!

18The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:38 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm on board. The creative team was amazing with Adventure Comics and while Flash: Rebirth wasn't the home run I had hoped it would be, I have been loving Barry in Blackest Night so I have hopes that the on-going series will be good.

19The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:01 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I'm on board. The creative team was amazing with Adventure Comics and while Flash: Rebirth wasn't the home run I had hoped it would be, I have been loving Barry in Blackest Night so I have hopes that the on-going series will be good.
Good to hear. I'm more familiar with Barry coz I grew up on a fair amount of silver age comics and enjoyed Barry Flash. I recently read FC: Rogues Revenge, which was a bit of a wakeup call from the classic Silver age villains. What Geoff did with them is fascinating. Great stuff. So based on those two things I'm currently psyched. Now all I have to do is catch up with BN:Flash and Rebirth.

20The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I'm on board. The creative team was amazing with Adventure Comics and while Flash: Rebirth wasn't the home run I had hoped it would be, I have been loving Barry in Blackest Night so I have hopes that the on-going series will be good.
Good to hear. I'm more familiar with Barry coz I grew up on a fair amount of silver age comics and enjoyed Barry Flash. I recently read FC: Rogues Revenge, which was a bit of a wakeup call from the classic Silver age villains. What Geoff did with them is fascinating. Great stuff. So based on those two things I'm currently psyched. Now all I have to do is catch up with BN:Flash and Rebirth.
I also grew up with silver age Flash so I am super excited that Barry is back. I have loved what Geoff has done with the Flash for the most part. Flash: Rebirth is not that great and Blackest Night: Flash is pretty ok. Better than Rebirth but just ok overall.

21The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:13 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

The Secret Files And Origins one-shot was decent. I wonder if the Speed Force is gonna be an actual, in-universe team? I say it's about time.

22The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:45 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ooo, can't wait to read this. Got pushed back for some reason, yeah? Flash ongoing is still scheduled for this month, right?

23The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:53 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Next week, supposedly.

24The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:The Secret Files And Origins one-shot was decent. I wonder if the Speed Force is gonna be an actual, in-universe team? I say it's about time.

So Flash has a bad dream and everyone is all "oh shit!"? scratch

Johns..... shake my head

25The Flash Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:19 am

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

I liked the profiles a lot better than the story, which left me kind of flat. I guess it just felt like any of a bunch of other one-off stories I'd read.

There were some interesting hints about future storylines (mystery of the weather wand, Kadabra's other enemies, etc.), new connections (Al Desmond as a former colleague of Barry Allen, Central City addicted to speed) and so forth...but some glaringly odd items as well. (Max's origin is "shrouded in mystery"? Wally's special talent with the speed force is making his costume, not lending/stealing speed?)

Full review on my blog as usual.

http://speedforce.org/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum