Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Flash

+19
G_Zatara
LordD3r3k
comicgeekelly
Sandman
LOOSECANNON
Bigtymin504
Kelson
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Tom
Nymn
Administrator
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash: Secret Files And Origins #1

Meh. I haven't had a chance to read the profiles yet, and I am looking forward to them, but the actual story was pretty pointless. It was a waste of time.

The bright spot of the story was Scott Kolins' art. I just LOVE his style when it comes to Flash books. I don't know why, but it just fits. I'm thrilled that Manapul is doing art for the new book, but if and when he leaves I want Kolins taking over.

27The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash: Secret Files And Origins #1

This was a lot better than the continuity headache that was Flash: Rebirth. I really enjoyed the little Barry story with his mom and definitely liked the character bios. As a relative Barry Allen noob, it went a long way to getting me interested in the character, more than anything Johns has put out for the Flash recently. Looking forward to the Flash ongoing now.

28The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked the story. Not too bad. I really loved those flashbacks with Barry as a kid. I would have been friends with him. I don't get the whole connection with all the speedsters just yet but whatever. I think it's kind of cool. I also liked how Jesse's costume was drawn in this as opposed to Rebirth; but is she going to take on both identities? If so, that's kind of confusing to me. I also liked how the entire story was actually only one minute long. I thought that was neat. I'm looking forward to the on-going.

29The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I bought it. No review.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

30The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I liked the story. Not too bad. I really loved those flashbacks with Barry as a kid. I would have been friends with him. I don't get the whole connection with all the speedsters just yet but whatever. I think it's kind of cool. I also liked how Jesse's costume was drawn in this as opposed to Rebirth; but is she going to take on both identities? If so, that's kind of confusing to me. I also liked how the entire story was actually only one minute long. I thought that was neat. I'm looking forward to the on-going.

yeah I gave a little chuckle when I read the clock when he got back too, I thought that was cool. and the connection with the speedsters IS Barry! Barry created to Speedforce the first time he ran as the flash, the speed force is apart of him. everyone else is also apart of the speed force thus intune with him. as far as I know they never really got into this before becasue Barry was dead for so long.

31The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:10 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Decent first issue. Quite a surprise to see Commander Cold again.

As for the "Flashpoint" teaser, man, 2011 is a long way away. It better be good with that wait.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

32The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:21 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash #1

I liked this. I'm definitely interested to see where it's going.

I LOVED the art. Manapul is just awesome.

So, Commander Cold was previously seen? I've never heard of him before.

33The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read the SF&O yesterday. The art of Kollins was an improvement as to whatI've seen for the past while and the story was cute, blandish filler, but cute. The profiles were cool but I feel kinda bad for Jai West how he lost his powers. Maybe he'll be like how Daniel Carter is in Booster Gold or something (I'd laugh if they were rivals for some MMORPG).

34The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great first issue. One of the best parts?

Captain Frye: I'm glad you're up for gray skies. The Weather Wizard's been raining out every ball-game for the last two weeks.

Barry Allen: What are his demands?

Captain Frye: He doesn't have any. He's just being a jerk.

That made me laugh out loud.

35The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have to say that I LOVE the Flash ring. It fits me the best out of all the rings. Granted, I can only fit it on my pinky, but it fits my pinky great.

36The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:12 am

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

The Flash #1 was far more enjoyable than the last year's worth of Flash books from the same writer had led me to expect.

It was fun, it focused on adventure instead of the grim and gritty, and I absolutely loved Francis Manapul's artwork. Seriously, if DC has released this last April instead of Flash: Rebirth, I would have been a lot happier about the book over the past year. It's a real triumph of showing over telling.

Full review at Speed Force, as usual.

http://speedforce.org/

37The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:24 am

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

jaydee74 wrote:Barry Allen: What are his demands?

Captain Frye: He doesn't have any. He's just being a jerk.

Yeah, that was one of my favorite bits too.

http://speedforce.org/

38The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:29 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 1 was pretty damn good.

39The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:00 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I have to say that I LOVE the Flash ring. It fits me the best out of all the rings. Granted, I can only fit it on my pinky, but it fits my pinky great.
I love it too. It's a bit bigger than the other one I got at the New York Comic Con and it's got more detail to it. I'm still wearing it.

prescribeddrone wrote:Issue 1 was pretty damn good.
Absolutely and a great start to the series. I love love love the art.

40The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:47 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Flash #1

Enjoyable first issue that contains all the elements required for an excellent Flash book. Johns allows Manupal to do most of the telling for him, whisking paintbrush swipes with enough motion-effects that never vears away from speed. Manupal's Adventure Comics was a dreamy title, this one is pure adrenaline. Even the lab looks magnificent. We haven't seen Commander Cold and his 25th Century Rogues since Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge, so it should be interesting how this all plays out. I'm also glad that Zoom's saga is sticking to Brightest Day for now; we don't need a replay of Rebirth.

While I enjoyed Rebirth--at least the beginning few issues--the scope of this "rebirth," if you will, will definitely go over a lot better. While there's a lot to this issue, there's definitely something missing. Maybe that's just my craving to see how Johns flexes the CSI-tone with Barry Allen's superhero responsibilies and forthcoming relationships to Iris and friends.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Very solid start to what should be the finest run on Flash since Waid & Johns handle of Wally.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

41The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was pretty good. I'm looking forward to Flashpoint. It looks like the next big event.

EDIT:
Alright, I decided to delve deeper into this. Spoilers everywhere!!!! Each pic is a spoiler!!! Don't say I didn't warn you!!!!!!!!!!! I like exclamation points too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

So we have Flashpoint. Wally has Reverse Flash's costume. Huh? What could cause that? Maybe time travel or something or maybe it's some alternate universe. Time travel, one says?

Spoiler:

Then From Brightest Day 0 (spoilers!!!!!!!!!)
Spoiler:

More specifically:
Spoiler:

Suspect

Then there's this from fairly long ago.
Spoiler:

It all fits!
The Flash - Page 2 110

I think Flashpoint may indeed be one of the big events and if it does involve alternate universes like it seems to, I'm thinking this will play into all the stuff we have seen about the multiverse being tossed about (Morrison's upcoming series and Robinson on JLA). I think they may all tie into each other and lead to that weird future foretold by the Legion series unless someone changes it (another event that will have a Johns written JLA saving the day).

In short, Johns, what are you planning? Suspect

42The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Great stuff as usual, Wade. I would love to see your room, there must be all sorts of things scribbled on the walls and such. Laughing

I enjoyed Flash #1. I was a really good set up for Barry and his world. The time travel stuff at the end turns me off a little though cuz I feel like all of the Flash time travel stuff is confusing and annoying. But I'm sure Johns has a long term plan so we'll see what he does with it.

43The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:19 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is the first time I picked up a Flash book (not including Blackest Night: Flash) and I have to say that I really liked it. The art stood out to me a lot and the introduction of the new(?) villans at the end was pretty cool. The Flash ring is pretty damn cool too.

44The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:and the connection with the speedsters IS Barry! Barry created to Speedforce the first time he ran as the flash, the speed force is apart of him. everyone else is also apart of the speed force thus intune with him.

Yeah, I thought they made that pretty clear during Flash: Rebirth.

Regarding the Secret Files issue, any guesses as to why Captain Boomerang's profile was all blacked out?

45The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I was wondering why Captain Boomerang's file was blacked out. I so wish that instead of it saying that it was written by Johns, that it said that it was blacked out by Johns.

46The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:15 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think this is off to one fine start to an ongoing. I might just start caring about Barry.

47The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Sandman wrote:and the connection with the speedsters IS Barry! Barry created to Speedforce the first time he ran as the flash, the speed force is apart of him. everyone else is also apart of the speed force thus intune with him.

This is so irritating to me, mostly because it sort of fucks around the previous speedsters. Max Mercury's been running since the 1800s, and suddenly, the Speed Force which was keeping him alive actually orginated from several decades in the future? Johnny Quick's formula, which he discovered in the (let's say) 40s, suddenly allowed access to something that hadn't even been generated yet? Jay Garrick's hard water formula is the only pre-Allen speedster origin it doesn't screw up.

I preferred the original COIE idea; that Barry ran so fast he discorporated and traveled back in time, where he became the lightning bolt that turned him into the Flash.

48The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:13 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Batman25JM wrote:
Flash #1,000,000 I believe.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

49The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Flash #1,000,000 I believe.

Okay, thanks. I've never read that.

50The Flash - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

This is so irritating to me, mostly because it sort of fucks around the previous speedsters. Max Mercury's been running since the 1800s, and suddenly, the Speed Force which was keeping him alive actually orginated from several decades in the future? Johnny Quick's formula, which he discovered in the (let's say) 40s, suddenly allowed access to something that hadn't even been generated yet? Jay Garrick's hard water formula is the only pre-Allen speedster origin it doesn't screw up.

I preferred the original COIE idea; that Barry ran so fast he discorporated and traveled back in time, where he became the lightning bolt that turned him into the Flash.

I honestly don't like the retcon either, but whatever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum