Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Flash

+19
G_Zatara
LordD3r3k
comicgeekelly
Sandman
LOOSECANNON
Bigtymin504
Kelson
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Tom
Nymn
Administrator
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sat May 15, 2010 6:38 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed issue 2.

77The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sat May 15, 2010 7:26 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Issue #2 was just a solid, straight-up entertaining comic. Johns is blending the superhero and cop elements perfectly. I am really loving this series so far. And yes, Barry rebuilding the apartment complex was a fantastic moment.

78The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sun May 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Issue #2 was just a solid, straight-up entertaining comic. Johns is blending the superhero and cop elements perfectly. I am really loving this series so far. And yes, Barry rebuilding the apartment complex was a fantastic moment.

Yeah that was definitely a cool moment. This story has sort of a Minority Report "future crime" thing going for it, it certainly has nice potential.

79The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sun May 16, 2010 5:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:Issue #2 was just a solid, straight-up entertaining comic. Johns is blending the superhero and cop elements perfectly. I am really loving this series so far. And yes, Barry rebuilding the apartment complex was a fantastic moment.

Yeah that was definitely a cool moment. This story has sort of a Minority Report "future crime" thing going for it, it certainly has nice potential.

YES! I was trying to remember what that reminded me of and....YES! I am very interested in seeing where this all goes.

80The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:10 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#3 was decent. Boomer's new powers are interesting.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

81The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I'm very interested in what's going on with Captain Boomerang.

82The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Flash #3

Enjoyable read with gorgeous art. Loved the explosive sprawl between Flash, the future Rogue Cops and Boomer. Appears every other issue in this run is going to be as zippy as his surname. You'll read it in 5-minute but enjoy every second. I suppose this beats a book that takes a half hour to read but drags and bores. Of course this has to do with the new narrative-less angle Johns is writing Barry. Long gone are the mind-boxes that set you into the inner feelings of the CSI-occupant. Iris makes a pretty good presence in just how she can help her husband get her out of this accused detrement. This continues to be a good, if not overwhelmingly amazing series.

3.5/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

83The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:45 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

3 issues in and I am very happy for the Return of Barry Allen. I cannot wait to see where this all goes.

84The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:15 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash #3

This issue was decent. It wasn't bad or anything, but I wasn't blown away.

I want to love this series, but so far it's just okay. Johns' first Flash run was amazing, and so far I don't think this run has quite the spark the first one did. That's not to say it's bad, it's just not amazing. At least not yet.

The art is great. Manapul is a fantastic artist. Though I do think a few panels were a bit off. Almost rushed.

Captain Boomerang's new powers are intriguing. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I think this book needs more Rogues. In my opinion, one of the reasons Johns' first Flash run was so great was because of what he did with the Rogues. He single-handedly made Captain Cold one of my favorite DC villains.

85The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:08 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just love the art on this book. Issue three was a quick read, but that fit the tone of the story.

86The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The Flash #3

Captain Boomerang's new powers are intriguing. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

What are his powers?

87The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:

What are his powers?

He can now create boomerang constructs that can explode. They are apparently made out of Black Lantern energy.

88The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

What are his powers?

He can now create boomerang constructs that can explode. They are apparently made out of Black Lantern energy.
Well that is interesting!

89The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:48 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

What are his powers?

Well that is interesting!

Not much happened this issue, but that part was very interesting.

90The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:52 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I enjoyed issue #3, for all the same reasons as above Smile

I have a feeling Iris was collateral damage by Mirror Monarch in some future battle, which is why Barry supposedly killed him.

91The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Yeah, I enjoyed issue #3, for all the same reasons as above Smile

I have a feeling Iris was collateral damage by Mirror Monarch in some future battle, which is why Barry supposedly killed him.
I think that you are right.

92The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:56 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Interesting thoughts about Iris. I'm sure there's more to it than that. Really enjoying this different era they've delved into. Booster's, yea? 25th century?

Which is odd, because Booster, and the JLI, are going through something very similar with Maxwell Lord and his powers, like Boomerang and his Black Lantern source energy.

93The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:34 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#4 was okay. Once again, for me the best bit was Barry saving people. The helicopter scene was fantastic.

94The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:54 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am still loving this book. The art is great and I love seeing Barry being Barry. It's awesome.

95The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

The Flash #4 continues to be fun, and I love the art, but I have to admit I was underwhelmed by the revelation behind the mystery. I hope it turns out there's more to it than we've been told.

Full review at Speed Force.

http://speedforce.org/

96The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:13 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The helicopter sequence was the coolest thing that I read all week. This issue read very fast, but it was still very much worth the cover price.

97The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:49 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash #4

I liked this issue quite a bit. I'd have to say it was my favorite issue of this book so far.

And yeah, that helicopter sequence was damn cool.

98The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:34 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Four issues in and this is still a top of the stack read.

99The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:37 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I enjoyed #5 more than I have the previous issues.

Somebody sure made a mistake with this issue's title, though.

100The Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:45 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I haven't read this issue yet so I can't say whether I like it or not but I'm very close to just dropping it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum