Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Flash

+19
G_Zatara
LordD3r3k
comicgeekelly
Sandman
LOOSECANNON
Bigtymin504
Kelson
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Tom
Nymn
Administrator
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:01 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok. Read it and enjoyed it. I shall keep it. Wink

102The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash #5

I liked this issue the best so far, but I'm still not loving the book. After Johns' first Flash run I guess I was just expecting more. There's nothing inherently wrong with this book, it's just not as good as it could or should be.

The art was fantastic. Love me some Manapul.

103The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The Flash #5

I liked this issue the best so far, but I'm still not loving the book. After Johns' first Flash run I guess I was just expecting more. There's nothing inherently wrong with this book, it's just not as good as it could or should be.

The art was fantastic. Love me some Manapul.

I'm hoping that the next issue which hopefully should be the last issue of this story really brings this series home for me. I like it but i want to love it. What I want to see from this series is more of the Barry Allen stuff with him interacting with the people in the police department and other stuff.

104The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^yes

105The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^yes

I really want to see a "CSI" aspect come into this book. It's what I always wanted to see if they did an All-Star Flash series back when Barry was still dead. Also, in the Secret Files Flash issue, there seemed to be some kind of weird connection between Central City and Keystone City and I want to see that explored.

106The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:36 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

With #6, the storyline's ending kinda of petered out for my tastes. Not horrible, but not as good as Geoff's work on Wally's series, either. I might be done with the book for now.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

107The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked the ending of this. Not great but not horrible either. I'm curious to see where this goes but it's on thin ice with me. These delays really cost my interest. For me it's out of sight, out of mind.

108The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:48 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

was it really worth the delay?

I mean it was okay but with me returning to college in January okay is not good enough for my list

109The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:12 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. I did like it and I want to see where it goes but these delays have really lost the initial excitement I had for this series.

110The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:34 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash #6

I liked this quite a bit actually. The delays were ridiculous, the arc as a whole wasn't great, and so far the book is nowhere near what Johns did during his run on Wally, but I did like this issue. It set up some really interesting stuff. I can't wait for them to explore it.

The art was freakin' amazing. Manapul is just fantastic.

111The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Your very forgiving. I am giving this another shot as well. One more arc. I just love Barry as the Flash so much.

112The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:17 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The delays haven't bothered me at all. As long as the book in entertaining, I'll keep buying it. I really like the art so if that's what was keeping he book behind that's fine with me. This is the first Flash book I've ever picked up and it's pretty good so far.

113The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:05 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:The delays haven't bothered me at all. As long as the book in entertaining, I'll keep buying it. I really like the art so if that's what was keeping he book behind that's fine with me. This is the first Flash book I've ever picked up and it's pretty good so far.

Agreed.

114The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:The delays haven't bothered me at all. As long as the book in entertaining, I'll keep buying it. I really like the art so if that's what was keeping he book behind that's fine with me. This is the first Flash book I've ever picked up and it's pretty good so far.

Agreed.
The art is awesome.

115The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:50 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

the books I get every month from DC Comics receive little to no comments from me...

why? cuz they're always good, that's why.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

116The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:09 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:the books I get every month from DC Comics receive little to no comments from me...

why? cuz they're always good, that's why.
Agreed. No. This book was pretty awesome.

117The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:36 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

#7 was the best issue so far. Johns' Rogue Profile issues are usually great, and this was no exception.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

118The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:02 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just read #6 tonight. So many typos. Glad it's finally moving past The Renegades and back to The Rogues. Can't wait to read 7. Guy with the Speedforce looking bike has be interested.

119The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#7 was pretty awesome. I liked it a lot.

120The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:05 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Take this as it may, but whenever The Flash ISN'T in a Flash comic the all better. As mentioned earlier, Johns' Rogues Origins issues are simply brilliant, and ironically more compelling than any forensic beat-em-up The Flash normally has to endure. Sure, the backstory is a bit typical. Does it hook the reader? Does it extend the Rogues pathos as the finest criminals in the business? Sure thing.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

121The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:01 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From what I've read of Johns comics, it seems like he's at his best when he's doing single issue stories about villains. Issue 7 had to be my favorite in this series thus far.

122The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:13 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Love this book.

123The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. Geoff Johns does a great job at character stories. This was pretty damn fantastic.

124The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash #7

This was fantastic. Johns' work with the Rogues is nothing short of phenomenal. I've never liked Captain Boomerang more.

125The Flash - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:33 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Digger's background is completely awesome. I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum