Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Flash

+19
G_Zatara
LordD3r3k
comicgeekelly
Sandman
LOOSECANNON
Bigtymin504
Kelson
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Tom
Nymn
Administrator
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:29 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#8 was okay. Not quite as good as the usual profile issues, but still enjoyable. Time travel is a tricky beast, for sure.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

127The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I kind of liked this issue. This character issue was interesting enough. I liked how Reverse Flash actually went back into time to make his life ideal and yet he had to continually go back to fix things. It was a good enough issue but not as good as the last issue. I still liked it though.

128The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:36 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I agree with the both of you fellows. The focal point of Eobard Thawne was definitely solid, up to par with many of the recent issues of Flash thus far. While it didn't have Manapul on art, Kolins--to which some of my LCS vendors claimed "worst artist at DC"--stepped up his game. In fact, I think he's delivered some seriously good fill-in work since his Blackest Night mini. While a dizzying, scribbly-type artist, Kolins really knows his handle when it comes to the Rogues and Reverse-Flash. Despite Manapul's powerful prowess, I wouldn't mind seeing more of his zigs-and-zags on future Flash work.

As far as the writing is concerned, I'm glad this "rebirth" came at a measley one issue. The end seemed a tad rushed, but if it saves us from a full mini, then I'm all for it. Johns writes the heck out of this issue, and his recapturing time to alter a more favorable future was brilliant. I'm not sure if there were (m)any easter eggs present for Flashpoint. If this otherwise deems true, issue #8 will be a good one to hold close by.

Flash #8 = 3.5/5 = up-to-speed with recent Flash

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

129The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash #8

I loved this. I love time travel, and I love Professor Zoom. Him having to continually go back and "fix" his past was a cool concept.

130The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The Flash #8

I loved this. I love time travel, and I love Professor Zoom. Him having to continually go back and "fix" his past was a cool concept.
I thought that was a very interesting concept. I had to re-read this to fully get it but I highly enjoyed it and it makes me very curious about Flash-Point.

131The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What ever happened to the Kid Flash solo series written by Sterling Gates that was announced?

Last edited by Batman25JM on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

132The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Whatever happened to the Kid Flash solo series written by Sterling Gates that was announced?
Reverse Flash went back into time to make sure it never happens?

133The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

134The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:27 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Batman25JM wrote:What ever happened to the Kid Flash solo series written by Sterling Gates that was announced?
They said it was cancelled awhile back.

135The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:What ever happened to the Kid Flash solo series written by Sterling Gates that was announced?
They said it was cancelled awhile back.

That sucks. I so wanted a solo KF series. Superboy got one, KF should too.

136The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read #9 and really enjoyed it. I am loving the build-up tension between Barry and the Central City cops. I am curious to see what happens when it explodes. Could we see Flash vs the Central City Police Department? That could be interesting. It would be even more interesting if we see Green Arrow as a guest star for that considering how different their philosophies are.

I'm glad we're seeing more of the Flash family in this issue even if it's jut a couple of panels. We need more of them but I can hope that going forward we will get more of the supporting characters. I'm curious about the West twins and want to see more development with them. Also I want more Wally West. Somewhere. Anywhere.

Loved this issue and the ending has me scratching my head. Can't wait for the next one.

137The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:59 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash #9

This was good.

I too like the tension between Barry and the cops.

It was great to see the Flash Family. It's criminal how Wally's been shelved lately. We need to see more of him.

The ending was definitely a surprise. I can't wait to see where this is going.

The art was stellar. Manapul is awesome.

138The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm excited to see a potential showdown between the Central City cops and Barry down the line. That should be an awesome story and I hope Geoff gets to that sometime down the line.

139The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:57 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember when this series started, some people complained that they changed Barry's origin by killing his parents. Perhaps that was part of this larger picture which Barry will be able to correct? Especially with the comments between him and Iris that something 'felt wrong'.

More relative to the issue, I thought it was interesting that Barry was trying to get out of spending time with the family. Maybe he's having a harder time integrating back into living than he's letting on.

140The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:42 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this book. I'm sorta more into to it than GL, GL is great but I prefer this side of comics a bit more. Excited about Flashpoint and the alternate stuff.

Last edited by prescribeddrone on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

141The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did got the impression that Barry's origin may be fixed. That's how it felt with the conversation this issue.

142The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:00 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I'm assuming that the dead kid/old man is the brother of the C.C.P.D. intern Kristen Kramer who's been in the background a bit.

143The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I did got the impression that Barry's origin may be fixed. That's how it felt with the conversation this issue.
Not only am I getting that impression but I think that's what's going to be the end game in Flashpoint.

144The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, I think so too.

145The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've also got a feeling that maybe when all the dust clears, Barry will be working with everyone who used to be at the crime lab. It looks like he's going to try and bring one of his old co-workers back onto the team. It's interesting because I don't remember a lot of these people only because I don't remember them being in the forefront in his series back in the day but it will be kind of cool if Barry's old co-workers came back. I had always thought that a modern Barry Allen Flash book could be one part superhero mixed in with one part CSI which would make for an interesting book.

146The Flash - Page 6 Empty Re: The Flash Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:43 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

DC's Book of the Week.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum