Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Flash

+19
G_Zatara
LordD3r3k
comicgeekelly
Sandman
LOOSECANNON
Bigtymin504
Kelson
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Tom
Nymn
Administrator
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:37 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't feel too strongly either way about it, considering I've never been a big reader of Flash. Right now I'm just hoping it leads to some interesting stories

52The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:
Sandman wrote:and the connection with the speedsters IS Barry! Barry created to Speedforce the first time he ran as the flash, the speed force is apart of him. everyone else is also apart of the speed force thus intune with him.

Yeah, I thought they made that pretty clear during Flash: Rebirth.

This is so irritating to me, mostly because it sort of fucks around the previous speedsters. Max Mercury's been running since the 1800s, and suddenly, the Speed Force which was keeping him alive actually orginated from several decades in the future? Johnny Quick's formula, which he discovered in the (let's say) 40s, suddenly allowed access to something that hadn't even been generated yet? Jay Garrick's hard water formula is the only pre-Allen speedster origin it doesn't screw up.

I preferred the original COIE idea; that Barry ran so fast he discorporated and traveled back in time, where he became the lightning bolt that turned him into the Flash.

I have to agree. I didn't like the retcon and felt it was silly Barry Allen-wank. Aside from that, a forced plot point on Johns part. I would not mind if the Speedforce existed before, disappeared (as was hinted at before) and is now being genereated by Barry, but making him the end all be all is a bit much.

53The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty a Detective when it comes to looking deeper into certain comic things. Dude, you blow my mind all the time you do this stuff and I go back and read my comics again with your thoughts in mind. You are awesome dude.

54The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:This was pretty good. I'm looking forward to Flashpoint. It looks like the next big event.

EDIT:
Alright, I decided to delve deeper into this. Spoilers everywhere!!!! Each pic is a spoiler!!! Don't say I didn't warn you!!!!!!!!!!! I like exclamation points too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

So we have Flashpoint. Wally has Reverse Flash's costume. Huh? What could cause that? Maybe time travel or something or maybe it's some alternate universe. Time travel, one says?

Spoiler:

Then From Brightest Day 0 (spoilers!!!!!!!!!)
Spoiler:

More specifically:
Spoiler:

Suspect

Then there's this from fairly long ago.
Spoiler:

It all fits!
The Flash - Page 3 110

I think Flashpoint may indeed be one of the big events and if it does involve alternate universes like it seems to, I'm thinking this will play into all the stuff we have seen about the multiverse being tossed about (Morrison's upcoming series and Robinson on JLA). I think they may all tie into each other and lead to that weird future foretold by the Legion series unless someone changes it (another event that will have a Johns written JLA saving the day).

In short, Johns, what are you planning? Suspect
Where'd you find the pic with
Spoiler:

55The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think that was from Flash: Rebirth #6.

56The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty a Detective when it comes to looking deeper into certain comic things. Dude, you blow my mind all the time you do this stuff and I go back and read my comics again with your thoughts in mind. You are awesome dude.

Thanks. Smile

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:This was pretty good. I'm looking forward to Flashpoint. It looks like the next big event.

EDIT:
Alright, I decided to delve deeper into this. Spoilers everywhere!!!! Each pic is a spoiler!!! Don't say I didn't warn you!!!!!!!!!!! I like exclamation points too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

So we have Flashpoint. Wally has Reverse Flash's costume. Huh? What could cause that? Maybe time travel or something or maybe it's some alternate universe. Time travel, one says?

Spoiler:

Then From Brightest Day 0 (spoilers!!!!!!!!!)
Spoiler:

More specifically:
Spoiler:

Suspect

Then there's this from fairly long ago.
Spoiler:

It all fits!
The Flash - Page 3 110

I think Flashpoint may indeed be one of the big events and if it does involve alternate universes like it seems to, I'm thinking this will play into all the stuff we have seen about the multiverse being tossed about (Morrison's upcoming series and Robinson on JLA). I think they may all tie into each other and lead to that weird future foretold by the Legion series unless someone changes it (another event that will have a Johns written JLA saving the day).

In short, Johns, what are you planning? Suspect
Where'd you find the pic with
Spoiler:

Off the top of my head, what Jaydee said. I'd have to look over my file of pictures to know for certain.

57The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I believe it was Rebirth #6. At the end.

58The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yep, that would be the one.

59The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:58 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

This was a very solid first issue. It's good to have Johns writing Flash again, even if it is Barry Allen, whom I like, but I've always preferred Wally. I enjoy that this issue was just as much about Barry's regular job as it was about him being the Flash.

60The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:This was a very solid first issue. It's good to have Johns writing Flash again, even if it is Barry Allen, whom I like, but I've always preferred Wally. I enjoy that this issue was just as much about Barry's regular job as it was about him being the Flash.
I hope this has a CSI meets Superhero feel to it all the way through in this series. It was something I wanted to see when Barry was dead and I had heard rumors of an All-Star Flash a few years ago.

61The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:42 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I enjoyed Flash #1. I was a really good set up for Barry and his world. The time travel stuff at the end turns me off a little though cuz I feel like all of the Flash time travel stuff is confusing and annoying. But I'm sure Johns has a long term plan so we'll see what he does with it.

Agreed. I've never been a big fan of time-traveling, but I'm curious to see where Johns is going

62The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Time travel is probably my favorite story element out there. So needless to say I love that they are using it in the Flash.

63The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Barry Allen and time travel used to go hand in hand so I can only imagine he's got some good stuff planned. I mean, didn't Geoff start of the Booster Gold series?

64The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:31 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Barry Allen and time travel used to go hand in hand so I can only imagine he's got some good stuff planned. I mean, didn't Geoff start of the Booster Gold series?

That is a good point, which is probably why I haven't thrown my hands up in the air. I mean, if he got me to like Booster Gold, I gotta have alittle faith here Wink

65The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Sun May 02, 2010 2:12 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Retcon This! The Speed Force

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

66The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Sun May 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read issue #1, pretty good first ish.

67The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Wed May 12, 2010 12:13 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read Secret Files and Origins 2010 and issue #1 of the new series. I'm not hating it. Cool direction with The Renegades...who seem to be some sort of police force in the future. don't know

Flashpoint: "Blackest Night" for Speedsters? I'm there.

68The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Wed May 12, 2010 5:04 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#2 was okay. I dug Barry rebuilding the house and the Boomerang/Cold scene. Good ending, too. It just feels kinds of (dare I say?) slow. The Renegades were beaten far too easily (I'm sure they'll be back) and the stuff with the lady's son is setting up stuff down the road, but it seemed like not much happened.

Also, an unsolicited artist having to fill in some pages on only the second issue does not bode well.

69The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Thu May 13, 2010 8:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the scene with Barry rebuilding the apartment complex was hilarious. So it seems like he can retain a bunch of information from speed reading but only for a certain amount of time. The girl with the doll was just the icing on the funny cake. I am very curious to learn more about these cop Rogues and the fact that the DNA match leads the police to Barry Allen is very interesting. Two issues in and I love this. I also like the art a lot.

70The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Fri May 14, 2010 1:13 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Flash #2

Solid, funny, rewarding, Digger!

3.5/5 Bags&Boards

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

71The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Fri May 14, 2010 3:19 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Flash #2

I liked this. I wasn't blown away, but it was good.

My favorite parts are the parts that seem to be everyone's favorites: the rebuilding of the apartment an the girl with the doll, and the Captain Cold/Captain Boomerang stuff.

The art was great. I LOVE Manapul's work.

72The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Fri May 14, 2010 11:42 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

rwe1138 wrote:
Also, an unsolicited artist having to fill in some pages on only the second issue does not bode well.

From Diamond: Flash #3 has been pushed back from 06/09 to 06/23.

73The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Fri May 14, 2010 12:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh no. unsure

74The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Fri May 14, 2010 10:56 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The art is very pretty, but I guess I can see where it might take a while to put out the book.

75The Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: The Flash Fri May 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:

From Diamond: Flash #3 has been pushed back from 06/09 to 06/23.

Sonabitch!!!

Delays are bullshit. I know things happen, and not every artist is lightning quick, but honestly, it is unprofessional. I wish that when a new book is starting that they'd have at least 5 or so issues completely done prior to the first issue hitting stands.

With that said, I'd wait 6 months in between issues if I had to just to get some sweet Manapul art.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum