Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman: Arkham

+36
Thundermatts
Chief Kamachi
prescribeddrone
TweedThong
shark6495
Winter Decay
Astro13Zombie
BlueMaxx
Ska
Gandicles
darth__frodo
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Metal Misfit
deadbolt85
MillionDollarGeek
jawn
SexyToaster
Esbat
Gojiratoho
Batman25JM
breatheasy
elijahdprophet
The_Donster
Lee
jaydee74
Airwolf
jester
FroZen
Angelina Armani
The Ignored One
potatojoe
shining knight
TheSteve
Mnemosis
Denim
40 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Like, "completely accomplish all three challenges within each mode" beat, not just "make it through each challenge mode" beat.

102Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How do i get into the restricted section of the Record Room in Arkham Mansion?

103Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah, those challenges are pretty intense. I've finished the one's that require me to have things in my utility belt, but have to finish the smackdowns with improved point count to increase myself up to 2 wings. Hell, some of the challenges I was lucky I finished. Spider is this the first or second time you've been to the mansion and have you encountered Ivy yet? You might need something to gain access to that part of the mansion. Use this site if you haven't worked it out yet.

104Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, this game seems like it is a hassle. If you play on hard mode, do you automatically unlock things that'd be in lower difficulties?

105Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote: Spider is this the first or second time you've been to the mansion and have you encountered Ivy yet? You might need something to gain access to that part of the mansion. Use this site if you haven't worked it out yet.
yeah i found the lockpick thingie right before i read your post but thanks Donster. I'm gonna have to go over some old ground tonight before i get into more storyline.

106Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:01 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Blue, you've got to think like the Dark Knight and you'll be fine. It takes a few tries to get in that mindset, but it is well worth it. Really fun game, along the lines of Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider & Assassin's Creed where you have to do some thinking before you take action.

107Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:10 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, okay. Action-adventures and/or RPGs I excel at, but I just wasn't sure the balance of puzzles. Sounds like I'll do fine.

108Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah, it's the challenges, that are outside of the game we're talking about. Those can be a bitch, but it doesn't affect the overall experience of the game.

109Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have a problem with Ivy's plants covering the Riddler's challenges. When do they go away, it pisses me off that i could have solved some puzzles but vines are in the way.

110Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:04 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I think you have to get to those things a different way maybe?

As for the challenges, Donster, I like the one that doesn't explain itself at all... it's one of the extreme ones, and it's just a name with NO clarification. Thanks, guys. Fun times.

111Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:40 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wub

Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Bm.bw.arkham.asylum_02

112Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:45 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

For those who have hit the astronomical high scores, what's your secret? 2 Bat's on the grudge matches is the best I can do wacko

113Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i finshed story mode and at the end was Bane reaching for Titan. Kinda bummed that looking for the stuff is hard this time now because of the syupid stupid plants.

114Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:09 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just stared. Downloaded all PS3 stuff (Joker and Invisible Predator) and only have 4% thus far. Rolling Eyes This'll be a long game.

115Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:51 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Beat it. Such a fun game. Unlocked all the character trophies and upgrades, but still had about 30 riddles, 3 challenges to unlock and 4 bios. Played it on normal so I think I still need to play through both easy and hard to help get that 100%. But honestly I don't think I care too much about it. The challenges aren't that fun. I like the fighting system, very stylized, but I just don't care all that much to get 100%. Replaying it will be awhile from now, but ya, for some reason I didn't expect that ending. Joker rocks. The boss battles were a bit too simple at times, though, and that's my only pet-peeve. Definitely worth playing if you're a fan or love action/adventures.

Spoiler:

I hope the sequel will be a No Man's Land adaptation or something. You can play as Nightwing or Catwoman in certain scenarios. And/or maybe some side challenges to the game could be Robin and Oracle? don't know That's the thing that bothered me about the challenges in Arkham Asylum--they didn't really correlate with the game. As in they didn't help to progress the main story or anything. Not even in points for upgrades, which I thought they would. Plus, the Bat-Gel Explosive design could be used for the tagging with spray-paint like they did in NML to gain areas. You tag over the gang's tag, like the Joker's smile or jaws like Killer Croc's territory. It'd just be the best next step for the series if they were to make a sequel. Expand it into the entirety of Gotham. San Andreas could do an expansive area, a PS3 game certaintly could.

116Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I was going to pick this game up, on one of those rare occasions when I wasn't poor, but Borderlands came out. I'll have to rent it at the very least.

117Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I'm missing like 3 teeth in the mansion before I have every riddler challenge. Damn those chattering bastards.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

118Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

The_Donster wrote:For those who have hit the astronomical high scores, what's your secret? 2 Bat's on the grudge matches is the best I can do wacko

I'm not one with the high scores, but it's all about rhythm. You've just got to hit your flow in combat, and you'll drive your combo and variation scores. Couple that with flawless rounds, and that's how you really get the points to rack up.

Spider_Fan14 wrote:i finshed story mode and at the end was Bane reaching for Titan. Kinda bummed that looking for the stuff is hard this time now because of the syupid stupid plants.

Which plants are making the game harder?

BlueMaxx wrote:Beat it. Such a fun game. Unlocked all the character trophies and upgrades, but still had about 30 riddles, 3 challenges to unlock and 4 bios. Played it on normal so I think I still need to play through both easy and hard to help get that 100%. But honestly I don't think I care too much about it. The challenges aren't that fun. I like the fighting system, very stylized, but I just don't care all that much to get 100%. Replaying it will be awhile from now, but ya, for some reason I didn't expect that ending. Joker rocks. The boss battles were a bit too simple at times, though, and that's my only pet-peeve. Definitely worth playing if you're a fan or love action/adventures.

Spoiler:

I hope the sequel will be a No Man's Land adaptation or something. You can play as Nightwing or Catwoman in certain scenarios. And/or maybe some side challenges to the game could be Robin and Oracle? don't know That's the thing that bothered me about the challenges in Arkham Asylum--they didn't really correlate with the game. As in they didn't help to progress the main story or anything. Not even in points for upgrades, which I thought they would. Plus, the Bat-Gel Explosive design could be used for the tagging with spray-paint like they did in NML to gain areas. You tag over the gang's tag, like the Joker's smile or jaws like Killer Croc's territory. It'd just be the best next step for the series if they were to make a sequel. Expand it into the entirety of Gotham. San Andreas could do an expansive area, a PS3 game certaintly could.

1) I find it hysterical that you thought it would be a long game, then your next post, five days later, is "I'm done."

2) You don't have to play easy and hard to get 100%. You DO have to score every achievement in the Challenge mode.

3) The Riddler challenges, I thought, made a good deal of sense for the character and as a side note to the game. The Chronicles of Arkham, I thought, were PARTICULARLY well done. I thought they both fit in perfectly, if not driving the main story, then helping to build the universe. It's Batman not only having to deal with the problems AT Arkham, but two problems spawned from the chaos. They were also great ways to shoehorn in other characters without having to model and animate them. The only REAL problem I had was with the teeth. They're stupid. They pose no threat, they're JUST tedious, and really shouldn't be a Riddler challenge.

4) Completing challenges DID get you XP.

5) Now, as far as a No Man's Land sequel? There's a decent idea!

119Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

The plants disappear once you finish the story. No worries.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

120Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MY BIRTHDAY IS SO FAR AWAY!!!!!

121Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:57 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm renting this tonight. I'm gonna skip buying it since everyone says it's such a short game.

122Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ It isn't that short, I thought.

Mnemosis wrote:
1) I find it hysterical that you thought it would be a long game, then your next post, five days later, is "I'm done."

2) You don't have to play easy and hard to get 100%. You DO have to score every achievement in the Challenge mode.

3) The Riddler challenges, I thought, made a good deal of sense for the character and as a side note to the game. The Chronicles of Arkham, I thought, were PARTICULARLY well done. I thought they both fit in perfectly, if not driving the main story, then helping to build the universe. It's Batman not only having to deal with the problems AT Arkham, but two problems spawned from the chaos. They were also great ways to shoehorn in other characters without having to model and animate them. The only REAL problem I had was with the teeth. They're stupid. They pose no threat, they're JUST tedious, and really shouldn't be a Riddler challenge.

4) Completing challenges DID get you XP.

5) Now, as far as a No Man's Land sequel? There's a decent idea!
1) Hey, 5 days is a long time. Oh, and, can't quite remember, only reached, like, 60-some%, so...
2) I read or heard that that is how you complete the 100%. don't know
3) The Spirit of Arkham stones/recordings were the best part of the backstory of the game. Not to say that the character recordings weren't entertaining as all get-out. (Makes me wonder, with Paul Dini writing, that the mentionings of Scarface's creation from a gallow tree will be brought to the new Ventriloquist's bio, Peyton Riley. Being that she was created by Dini and has a supernatural vibe to her and the dummy, Scarface.)
4) Didn't give me anything. Hrm.
5) happy

Lee wrote:The plants disappear once you finish the story. No worries.
No, they don't. Some were still in the way from the beginning part of the game, so I couldn't get to those Riddler challenges. You get to keep all your achievements if you start the game from after beating it, though, yeah?

123Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:The plants disappear once you finish the story. No worries.
I found that out awhile ago, that's a godsend there.

124Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:13 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Lee wrote:I'm missing like 3 teeth in the mansion before I have every riddler challenge. Damn those chattering bastards.

Lee, if it's the one's I'm thinking of go to the warden's office. There is a upper level with some files and such, I believe those little bastards are up there. They were the last one's I had to find too and my cheat site was no help, so I went and basically searched every nook and cranny until I found them. LMK if that helped.

125Batman: Arkham - Page 5 Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:01 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

love. this. game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum