Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights

+4
Sci-Fi
Lord PaulVincent
Administrator
jaydee74
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked

http://movies.ign.com/articles/101/1014092p1.html

2Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Re: Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Well, he's pretty dead, but his family now owns the origin story of Superman. I almost feel sorry for DC/WB, but giving away some huge amount of money will fix this problem.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Re: Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Lord PaulVincent

Lord PaulVincent
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Maybe this means we won't have to see yet another origin when they do another movie someday.

Or his origin will completely change. *shudder*

http://www.therobotspajamas.com

4Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Re: Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:22 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I asked this at WUMB. But does this mean that DC won't be able to do anymore Superman comics or what?

5Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Re: Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:55 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sci-Fi wrote:I asked this at WUMB. But does this mean that DC won't be able to do anymore Superman comics or what?
I don't know. It's a very interesting situation though and I will be interested to see how this all plays out over time.

6Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Re: Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:42 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Ah okay. Hopefully they'll be kind enough to allow DC to continue using the character.

7Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Re: Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:35 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

There's probably a loophole that will allow DC to hold onto the character.

8Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Re: Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:23 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:Well, he's pretty dead, but his family now owns the origin story of Superman. I almost feel sorry for DC/WB, but giving away some huge amount of money will fix this problem.
Haha! I read that too with a "Huh?" Did someone fire him into a yellow sun?

Debaser77 wrote:There's probably a loophole that will allow DC to hold onto the character.
Definitely. I'm sure they'll keep certain things.

9Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Siegel wins Superman rights Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:05 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:Well, he's pretty dead, but his family now owns the origin story of Superman. I almost feel sorry for DC/WB, but giving away some huge amount of money will fix this problem.

yeah, DC/WB should fork over the money and be done with it. It's not like the Siegels will want to be the people to ruin an american icon by hording everything out of spite.

10Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Re: Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Eh, you never know with some people.

11Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Empty Re: Jerry Siegel Wins Superman Rights Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:04 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Yesterday at the Expo, I went to the DCU panel, and Dan DiDio was pretty elusive on that answer. Probably becaue there's been no resolution to this yet. He said not to worry about it and just enjoy the Superman stories that are coming out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum