Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legend of the Seeker, has anyone else seen this?

+8
ChrisToPhenom
Batman25JM
MillionDollarGeek
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Splitty
Ben Akers
jawn
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

jawn

jawn
Cadet
Cadet

Just randomly came across this adaptation of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth book series on Netflix. It's called 'Legend of the Seeker'.
I have watched the first few episodes and was surprised at the quality (minus a few cheesy action sequences and just a handful of the CGI).

Anyone else have any thoughts on this show, or have even seen it? I would hate to keep watching it and find out it gets terrible half way through.

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I watched most of the first season and actually enjoyed it.

I had started reading the book before the show started and wasn't really feeling the characters, but I liked to show enough to give it another read. I liked it better this time.

They changed some stuff, which will obviously have an impact later on.

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

I wuvs it. I love you

It's girly cheesy fun, and I liked all the characters ('specially zedicus) and story archs. I watched it religiously every week.
It's all new to me, because I've never heard of the books before the series, but now I'd totally be into reading the books.
Sure hope there's a season two....

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

jawn

jawn
Cadet
Cadet

Good news! I found out a new season is coming in November... (i would imagine abc network, i think its funded by Disney). If you haven't read the books, the first one is 'Wizards First Rule'. Amazing book, but beware that the books are quite a bit more graphic and darker. Thank goodness for Netflix streaming, I only wish I had the patience (or a dvr)!!! I'm up to episode 9 now and Im hooked. Wish they hung on to the story better, but its TV and I understand.

jawn

jawn
Cadet
Cadet

Ben Akers wrote:

They changed some stuff, which will obviously have an impact later on.

Yeah, some I understand, but dammit Chase was a serious badass in the books, and kinda a wuss in the show(in comparison).

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

It's baaaaaack.

Season 2 premiere, this Saturday at 8pm.

BE THERE!!!!

.....or not.

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They're actually about to start showing this on cable over here next week (it hasn't been on tv here yet). Think I might check it out. From what you guys are saying it sounds okay.

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

well I work every saturday night but at least I know it is on again! i really liked the first season and am looking forward to the next. Legend of the Seeker, has anyone else seen this? Bridget_regan_0004 really looking forward to it!

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just saw a preview of it on youtube and it looks good. Perhaps I will netflix the first season and DVR the second season.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't watch the first season when it was new, but it looked good so I bought the first season on DVD. I've been watching it and I absolutely love it. The fights are really cool.

I wub Bridget Regan.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I have a topic for this show on WUMB-it's good to see another fan of it! I just finished seeing the 2nd season premiere and it was awesome. Richard seems to be what fans of the books wanted him to be now...he seems more darker if you know what I mean. I can't wait for the next episode.

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

i just finished watching it as well, and it seems to me that it is already 10X more intense than the last season! I do not want to see Richard become a bad guy though!

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:i just finished watching it as well, and it seems to me that it is already 10X more intense than the last season! I do not want to see Richard become a bad guy though!
Agreed. but that is what makes it so exciting!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was considering this, but I can't say that I ever caught on to Hercules or Xena back in the day. Although, to be fair, I might have, if I took the initiative to catch up on things.

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Have it set to record in the next hour or so. I like how they repeated the season ender to tie into the new season. Too many shows don't do that anymore. Like most series, it started out a bit slow for me. My wife was actually watching it and I jumped in around the middle. Once they started repeating I caught up on them and we've been watching them every since.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Have it set to record in the next hour or so. I like how they repeated the season ender to tie into the new season. Too many shows don't do that anymore. Like most series, it started out a bit slow for me. My wife was actually watching it and I jumped in around the middle. Once they started repeating I caught up on them and we've been watching them every since.
Yeah, I really appreciated that also-it could be a new trend in the future or not but I'm glad Sunday had two hours to spare for it.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OMG-Kahlan Amnell's new outfit is better and sexy! If she was blonde or any darker, it probably would ruin it because it looks just perfect and her eyes by the way really stands out. Also, she looks badass with a sword and her Confessor abilities.

Legend of the Seeker, has anyone else seen this? Se2_69

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Have to take the dvr in to be replaced and almost caught up with the show. Depending on how tomorrow goes, I'll either watch it on the bad dvr or watch it on Monday evening when my wife gets home. It's kind of nice, they repeat it in my area. The direction is definitely interesting, although folks being possessed or enchanted by magic of some sort is a bit much these first few episodes Rolling Eyes I think it would have been nice if we would have seen this seasons Richard in the 3rd season. That way the character slowly progresses to this point, but I'm sure they weren't even sure they'd get picked up for a 2nd season when they ended the show. I was reviewing the cast on IMDB and I guess the actor who plays Darken Raul is going to be on that new Sparticus series or at least on a few episodes.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Have to take the dvr in to be replaced and almost caught up with the show. Depending on how tomorrow goes, I'll either watch it on the bad dvr or watch it on Monday evening when my wife gets home. It's kind of nice, they repeat it in my area. The direction is definitely interesting, although folks being possessed or enchanted by magic of some sort is a bit much these first few episodes Rolling Eyes I think it would have been nice if we would have seen this seasons Richard in the 3rd season. That way the character slowly progresses to this point, but I'm sure they weren't even sure they'd get picked up for a 2nd season when they ended the show. I was reviewing the cast on IMDB and I guess the actor who plays Darken Raul is going to be on that new Sparticus series or at least on a few episodes.

When you say you almost caught up, I'm guessing you're on the 2nd season, right? Hopefully these are the ones you've missed...

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Legend+of+the+Seeker&st=1

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Yep, all I have to watch is resurrection and I'm caught up. Some of my previous post was musing I had with my wife when we were watching it. Does anyone know if they have the books set up in one large collection or just individually? Also, does anyone know the name of the books in order? I'm definitely intrigued to read these and see the differences in characters.

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

In order, they are:

Wizard's First Rule
Stone of Tears
Blood of the Fold
Temple of the Winds
Soul of the Fire
Faith of the Fallen
The Pillars of Creation
Naked Empire
Chainfire
Phantom
Confessor

The early books are all so large that a collection of them would be too big to support itself. They do have boxed sets that contain multiple books and a better deal than just purchasing them individually.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I was considering this, but I can't say that I ever caught on to Hercules or Xena back in the day. Although, to be fair, I might have, if I took the initiative to catch up on things.

I never got into Hercules or Xena either, but I LOVE this. I think you should give it a try.

I'm still working on finishing the first season, but I hope to be completely caught up within a week.

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Batman25JM wrote:
I'm still working on finishing the first season, but I hope to be completely caught up within a week.

It keeps sitting in my Netflix queue...waiting for me to finish.

I have been reading the book though, and now that I'm sufficiently ahead, I may actually get back to watching.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Finished up the first season last night. I absolutely LOVED it. This series is just awesome. It was cool to see former Power Rangers: Jungle Fury and Power Rangers: RPM actors in the show.

I started season 2 and it rocks as well.

I really really really want to read the books now, but I'm worried about ruining the series for myself by reading the source material. They may not follow the books exactly on the show, but they may follow closely enough that reading them could hurt my enjoyment and spoil some stuff. I could read the first book since the first season followed the first book and I've seen all of it, but I don't want to get sucked into the book and want to read books 2 and 3 (which is what season 2 is based on) before finishing season 2. I don't know what I'll do, but I'll probably read the first book and just tough it out until season 2 ends and then read books 2 and 3.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Finally caught up the other night. It's just pure awesome.

I'm not sure about having a new Seeker. When Richard became the Seeker it was said he was the first one born in like a thousand years. Now with them naming another Seeker it almost makes it seem like there are tons of people out there that could be it, and that kinda makes it less special. Though, the show still rocks, and I kinda like the dynamic with having a new Seeker.

Well, I broke down and bought Wizard's First Rule. I've become kinda obsessed with the show and since I've caught up now and can't just sit down and watch episode after episode I needed some kind of fix. I'll just read this book, then once the second season of the show is over I'll read the second and third books (assuming I like the first book) and then once the third season of the show is over (assuming it gets renewed for a third season) I'll read the fourth and fifth books (assuming those are the books used for the third season).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next