Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Apple Con

+11
Gojiratoho
jaydee74
Tripper McGee
Chi-Town Spidey
Hannibal king
(._Y_.)
Silent K
potatojoe
Joshua
Foxy
Rath99
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:40 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Craziness!

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

27Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yup...It wasn't an easy choice to decide to go. I'm going because Mike Champion is coming up from Texas and to support other artists like Paolo Rivera and Greg Horn. I also want to target some other artists for sketches like Bill Dinh. The next big con in NY won't be until Oct of next year (NYCC).

Last edited by Rath99 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

28Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just assumed they pulled out because Wizard was hard to work with, Lord knows everyone else they deal with seems to have similar problems.

29Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:13 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Josh I think you pointed this out on WUMB but now they are deleting the post that talk about what's going on with Celebrity Authentics.

30Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I thought it looked like they did, which to me screams, "We're guilty". Why try to cover something up if you're not at fault?

31Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:24 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's insane. What a way to instill confidence in those who are attending.

32Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I wonder what's running through the mind of these folks at Wizard? It's like they're purposely trying to F stuff up and alienate people and companies. If something is failing in a company you either improve your product or cut your losses. Wizard seems to be doing the exact opposite on both counts.

33Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

The layout for this show is a bit ridiculous in my humble little opinion. They really should have opted for a better space for this con.

All the celebs at the front, dealers down the hall and AA stuck waaaay in the back.

Big Apple Con - Page 2 BigAppleAA

http://www.foxyart.net

34Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh my gosh, that's horrible! Crowds are bad enough on an open floor, but a narrow hallway like that?

35Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:11 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thumbs down

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

36Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:49 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deleting posts? Really? Rolling Eyes

37Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Deleting posts? Really? Rolling Eyes

Yup and after Josh and I called them out on it last night this is the response...

"Any posts that are specifically people coming in just saying "I hate Wizard" without any other useful information were deleted.

There was a post above with third party hearsay that was deleted to prevent it turning into a "He Said, She Said", "I heard a rumor" thread."

If you deleted every "I hate Wizard" post there wouldn't be many post left on the board.

As for the space and layout, I'm not a big fan. I'll be in the back with the artist.
I know they got this place at the last minute after Wizard/Shamus bought the Big Apple con. From what I'm reading a lot of people are going to see the celebrities which is fine with me. That leaves the back area with all the artist open for me.

38Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know why Spat even bothers posting, it's always the same, "We have no answers for now. Stop speculating."

Normally I'd go to bat for the company when everyone is shitting on it because those of us looking in don't usually know what's going on, but things just aren't adding up. How is it that a consumer can get in touch with CA and find out what went awry but Wizard is somehow left in the dark? I don't buy it.

39Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That happens at the WUMB more than you'd think.

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

40Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tripper McGee wrote:

That happens at the WUMB more than you'd think.
I expect a slumber party in Florida where we sit around in our jammies and you give us the inside dirt while we brush each others' hair.

41Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:10 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You guys need a web cam so we can see the pajamma fights

42Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've never had a pajama fight before, is that anything like a pillow fight?

43Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:19 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I cant think and type. I'm guessing you would wear pillows and hit each other with your pajammas

44Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:I cant think and type. I'm guessing you would wear pillows and hit each other with your pajammas
I like it!

Back on topic: it's a slow day at work and I find myself poking my bear. My latest post in the Big Apple con over there:
Maybe Wizard ought to give 2000man a job since he seems to be the only one who is capable of getting in touch with Celebrity Authentics.

To keep this from getting deleted, here is some useful information: put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.

I only post it because I don't expect it will last long and I wanted to keep it on the internet for posterity.

45Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wanted to go but I have a family function that weekend. Maybe next year.

46Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:30 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
potatojoe wrote:I cant think and type. I'm guessing you would wear pillows and hit each other with your pajammas
I like it!

Back on topic: it's a slow day at work and I find myself poking my bear. My latest post in the Big Apple con over there:
Maybe Wizard ought to give 2000man a job since he seems to be the only one who is capable of getting in touch with Celebrity Authentics.

To keep this from getting deleted, here is some useful information: put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.

I only post it because I don't expect it will last long and I wanted to keep it on the internet for posterity.

Nice advice Martin.

Maybe they can get some last minute comic artists to fill the void?

47Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm totally going to put sage in my shoes when I get home tonight. Thanks Josh.

48Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

From Spatty

I'm being told to keep Willem on the site. My guess is that the others have opted out, but Willem is still negotiating.

So keep those fingers and toes crossed!

That seems very fishy to me. My guess is that Wizard just wants people in the door so they're keeping him on the site. If a celeb is under contract with a company like this can they even do appearances at public events that make them profit without CA being involved?

49Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:52 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:From Spatty

I'm being told to keep Willem on the site. My guess is that the others have opted out, but Willem is still negotiating.

So keep those fingers and toes crossed!

That seems very fishy to me. My guess is that Wizard just wants people in the door so they're keeping him on the site. If a celeb is under contract with a company like this can they even do appearances at public events that make them profit without CA being involved?

This would be a good piece of investigative journalism for the PoP! crew to run. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

50Big Apple Con - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

" Should you need further assistance please email us at info@celebrityauthentics.com or call 570-223-8581. "

I really think you guys should do it. It could be a PoP! Exclusive! Very Happy

Last edited by Foxy on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum