Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Apple Con

+11
Gojiratoho
jaydee74
Tripper McGee
Chi-Town Spidey
Hannibal king
(._Y_.)
Silent K
potatojoe
Joshua
Foxy
Rath99
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Big Apple Con - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sunday was a slooow day at the con. I had a chance to speak to a few dealers on Sunday and they all said it was a bad con. One actually challenged me to find a dealer who had a good day. If I found one he was willing to give me some free books. I asked one entire row of dealers and they all said the same thing. They found that a lot of the people where spending money on pictures and autographs from celebrities.

My girlfriends little sister was with us and she got sketch covers done by Chris Giarrusso (Mini Marvels, G-Man) and Jacob Chabot (X-Babies, Mighty Skullboy Army)for free. They are great guys! Greg Schigiel gave a Spongebob sketch. She had fun.

77Big Apple Con - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some of the industry weighs in on the "Con Wars": http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091201-The-Q-Conventions.html

Jamal Igle:
We have limited budgets, fans, creators and companies independent and mainstream. Why waste it doing business with a company who deals in shady business practices.

Ron Marz:
It's [NYCC] really second only to San Diego in terms of scope and importance. I have to think that's where most of the comic publishers and creators are going to be, including me. I assume the competing Big Apple show will offer an array of washed-up wrestlers and TV has-beens hawking autographed photos.

Sean McKeever:
As for me, I plan on attending C2E2 in April since I can drive up to Chicago and spend time with family in WI. Also, most of the publishers will be there, which is a big plus for me. And I've greatly enjoyed New York Comic-Con since its 2nd year and I don't see any reason to change plans for 2010.

Andy Lanning:
I don't get it, surely the best cons are put on for the fans, it's a chance for them to meet pros, get sketches, attend talks and discussion and generally enjoy the world of comics. Maybe I'm naive but it strikes me as purely profit driven exercise that wants to exploit the fans rather than support them.

78Big Apple Con - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Joshua wrote:Some of the industry weighs in on the "Con Wars": http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091201-The-Q-Conventions.html

Jamal Igle:
We have limited budgets, fans, creators and companies independent and mainstream. Why waste it doing business with a company who deals in shady business practices.

Ron Marz:
It's [NYCC] really second only to San Diego in terms of scope and importance. I have to think that's where most of the comic publishers and creators are going to be, including me. I assume the competing Big Apple show will offer an array of washed-up wrestlers and TV has-beens hawking autographed photos.

Sean McKeever:
As for me, I plan on attending C2E2 in April since I can drive up to Chicago and spend time with family in WI. Also, most of the publishers will be there, which is a big plus for me. And I've greatly enjoyed New York Comic-Con since its 2nd year and I don't see any reason to change plans for 2010.

Andy Lanning:
I don't get it, surely the best cons are put on for the fans, it's a chance for them to meet pros, get sketches, attend talks and discussion and generally enjoy the world of comics. Maybe I'm naive but it strikes me as purely profit driven exercise that wants to exploit the fans rather than support them.

It's really sad to see how far they have falling. Do you think they will ever admit their mistake and change the date or are they gonna go forward with big apple con and just pray they get all of the fans that couldn't get tickets for NYCC?

79Big Apple Con - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was just reading this article. I don't know if Shamus would be willing to change the date. I know NYCC won't, and they shouldn't! I think it's going to come down to who Shamus can get to attend Big Apple next year. If he can't get comic guest they might have to change the date, change the focus of the show, or say "Fuck It" and get crushed because your ego is clouding a sound business decision.

80Big Apple Con - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Rath99 wrote:I was just reading this article. I don't know if Shamus would be willing to change the date. I know NYCC won't, and they shouldn't! I think it's going to come down to who Shamus can get to attend Big Apple next year. If he can't get comic guest they might have to change the date, change the focus of the show, or say "Fuck It" and get crushed because your ego is clouding a sound business decision.

Who is he going to get?

Why would any pro got to new york and not go to the second largest con in the us?

who is gonna say instead of go to the 2nd largest comic con in the us , where I can make a lot of money and get some face time with all of the publishers in the industry. Id rather go to this shit hole con run by an asshole whose ego is making him make dumb choices

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum