Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League: Cry For Justice

+18
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
Batman25JM
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
shiky800
BlueMaxx
jaydee74
Rath99
Chi-Town Spidey
blue halo
The Ignored One
Esbat
shining knight
Metal Misfit
prescribeddrone
Administrator
Joshua
Debaser77
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I thought issue #6 was crap. This series just hasn't been good at all. It's a complete waste of time. Also, the ending has been spoiled in the main JLA book.
Glad I dropped it at #2, thought it was pretty bad from the get go.

Yeah, it was bad from the beginning. It's just that once I start reading a book I have to finish an arc, even if I'm not liking it. And if I start a mini or limited I have to finish it as well.
I'm sort of the same way, but sometimes I make exceptions. Laughing

Laughing

Yeah, I've made a few exceptions over the years as well.

52Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:30 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dropped it at issue 3, I believe. Finished or not, they aren't getting the rest of my money.

53Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm done with this. This is just not an interesting story. I loved the art. It's so beautiful but I am not interested in the story.

54Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:09 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I'm done with this. This is just not an interesting story. I loved the art. It's so beautiful but I am not interested in the story.
the main problem was in the new issue of JLoA we got the ending to this mini series. so why do i need to buy the last issue? also JLoA is that good. i might drop it. sorry robinson i am not crazy about the stuff of your i am reading

55Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I'm done with this. This is just not an interesting story. I loved the art. It's so beautiful but I am not interested in the story.
the main problem was in the new issue of JLoA we got the ending to this mini series. so why do i need to buy the last issue? also JLoA is that good. i might drop it. sorry robinson i am not crazy about the stuff of your i am reading

That does dilute the story overall as well. However, I feel this story is weak in itself that spoiling the ending a bit just took it one step too far and left me very cold overall with how it ends. I just don't care.

56Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Have to agree completely with you guys. Oh and I just love when an artist needs a fill in artist for a mini series (that comment is meant to be dripping with sarcasm) not that I was particularly enjoying the art anyway.

I didn't like the way Prometheus took some of the characters out. It seemed too easy in some cases. I get that Robinson is trying to make Prometheus a badass character but if he took these guys out so easily I actually think he would have killed one or two of them if he was such a badass (not that I wanted that to happen) - he was certainly in a position to.

Anyway, all style and not substance this series as I've said before. I regret getting it. I've never read Starman and one of these days I'm going to be getting the trades but after reading writing like this it's hard to believe Starman can actually be any good.

57Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:09 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So that's what happened to Vixen's leg.

Aussiemandias wrote:
I didn't like the way Prometheus took some of the characters out. It seemed too easy in some cases. I get that Robinson is trying to make Prometheus a badass character but if he took these guys out so easily I actually think he would have killed one or two of them if he was such a badass (not that I wanted that to happen) - he was certainly in a position to.
I have to agree with this. His gauntlets can do far too much. Then again, Batman can do far too much. Was expecting Shade to do something more than get blasted with a mysterious light-source. I find it almost parody that all these D-list characters bite it one after another, but the main characters, whom were brutalized by Prometheus, haven't lost one to a killing blow.

Wanna see how it ends. The afterwards-text turned into an ad for all his fellow writers, it seemed, but feel it can still pack a punch.

58Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hm, I guess I'm in the minority here. Not that I thought it was great, but I did enjoy watching Prometheus take down the heroes. It's nice to see him kicking ass again. I thought it was a smart bait & switch in the beginning as well. It's pretty realistic that the other heroes would be too involved in themselves to notice the mistake, except for Kara who's been getting close with Freddy. Plus, I'm really damn curious to see what's going to happen with Roy. He was becoming a name over the last few years, so seeing him get so messed up is kinda big IMO.

59Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Man I would be fucking shocked if Roy didn't go all monarch after what happened to him now....

Spoiler:

60Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'm not even bothering with issue # 7. And I normally finish EVERY miniseries regardless of quality.

61Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:36 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Man I would be fucking shocked if Roy didn't go all monarch after what happened to him now....

Spoiler:

Shocked

No! That's just fucking stupid! I LIKED HER!!

62Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know no happy endings in the dcu!

63Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:I know no happy endings in the dcu!

I'm sorry but that's such bullshit.
Spoiler:
BULLSHIT I SAY!

64Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:44 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

65Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:
Spoiler:

True. Still. you're gonna get it

66Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:47 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah it sucks

67Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:49 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:yeah it sucks
I almost hope the JLA continues to be lackluster so I can boycott it. I might do that anyway. This news makes me livid. What issue did it happen in? Do they show it or is it just mentioned?

68Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:52 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

spoilers do not look if you plan on getting cry no 7

Spoiler:

69Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Weak sauce, Mr. Robinson. Weeeeeak.

70Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:55 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't believe he wrote starman it boggles the mind

71Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:spoilers do not look if you plan on getting cry no 7

Spoiler:

Lame. Simply lame. ARGH! This just pisses me off.

72Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:31 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, I'm pretty surprised by the reaction here. Though, reading the comments over the last few months I guess I shouldnt be. Regardless, I thought this actually turned out to be a solid ending to a shaky middle. I thought Robinson did a good job of showing just how screwed the heroes were. Not many villains have that claim to fame.

And seeing the death that everybody seems to be in an uproar about only fuels my curiosity for the Rise and Fall arc approaching. Robinson laid the groundwork here for some potentially interesting story beats.

Unnecessary death? I dunno, maybe? But it drives home the point that this life is dangerous and that there are consequences. The point has been made before that realistically, heroes or villains should be dying constantly. Of course, it doesn't because you need characters to write about. But collateral damage is a reality heroes (should) face.

As for Prometheus..
Spoiler:

A solid 3.5 (almost 4) out of 5 destroyed cities.

Last edited by LordD3r3k on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

73Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Is that a good rating, Derek? No spoilers. I hate that you guys are already talking about it. *crosses arms* Heh.

74Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Is that a good rating, Derek? No spoilers. I hate that you guys are already talking about it. *crosses arms* Heh.

Yeah, I enjoyed it. I thought it was a good finish

75Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:49 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Didn't care for it at all. Just didn't like it all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum