Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donny Dirk's Zombie Den

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:13 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Located in Minneapolis,MN. There is a bar that opened up on August 1st of this year called Donny Dirk's Zombie Den. The bar has made many webpages since it's opening for it's zombie theme.

I went on a six hour roadtrip to invstigate this place because, well, I heard it's a zombie themed bar and zombies rock!

From the outside it looks very small and you get to see this awesome sign above the door
Donny Dirk's Zombie Den PICT0340

Once inside you see many booths and a very long bar. I am gonna be a bit honest with you. If you expect this to be a fully decked out zombie themed bar, it's not. It is a great place to visit though. After talking to the waitress there, she was able to fill us in on the rich history of the actual bar, what it was doing before the prohibition started as well as what it did during the prohibition and after. She pointed out original things on the building that have been there, including a small plaque. I will not go into details about the things she told us about because I really think you should stop by the bar and really get the expeirence of it all firsthand.

There are some zombie type props in the bar, such as this which you will see when you walk in and turn right:
Donny Dirk's Zombie Den PICT0339

The drinks there are a bit high, but worth it for the ambiance. They do make pizza there but if you are hungry for something else, there is a restaurant that is owned by the same owner and a phone is set up to call just that place. Look at the menu and place the call and get your food in a few minutes.

Also there is a drink called Weird Science, and what you do is you basically create your own drink and name it and it stays on their menu and folks can also order it. So should you find yourself in Minneapolis area stop by and ask for "The Garden of Eaten" which is the drink my friends and I created there.

Donny Dirk's Zombie Den
2027 N 2nd St
Minneapolis, MN 55411
http://www.donnydirks.com
612-588-9700

Donny Dirk's Zombie Den PICT0337

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

2Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:16 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I want to go to there.

3Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You should, the waitress was making fun of us. She was like, "You drove 6 hours to come here? Are you serious?"

We did make the trip longer on the way back, stopped at Wisconsin Dells for dinner and ended up getting a room there and spending the day there.

4Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:50 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Awww...I went to Wisconsin Dells for my birthday when I was a kid!

5Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:02 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That place looks really cool!

6Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:28 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I forgot to mention, they have tv's, they will not show any sports on them, instead, they will show b horror movies. We watched Empire of the Ants and Tentacles while there

7Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:51 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ See, now that's a bar. Especially on that last part. Fuck sports! Wink

8Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:53 am

BMusashi

BMusashi
Cadet
Cadet

stop by and ask for "The Garden of Eaten"

No. Don't. Seriously...

9Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:15 am

I want to go there!! *adds place to bucketlist* =)

10Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BMusashi wrote:

No. Don't. Seriously...
What's wrong with it? Soylent Green?

Also, welcome to the boards Brave Fencer Mushashi.

DeathByChickFlix wrote:I want to go there!! *adds place to bucketlist* =)
Ha! ...wait, you have a bucket list? Well, I guess it there's no such thing as too early with a bucketlist.

11Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BMusashi wrote:

No. Don't. Seriously...

LOL! Avoid this man, he is crazed I tell you. Seriously, ask for the drink.

12Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Empty Re: Donny Dirk's Zombie Den Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:07 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:I forgot to mention, they have tv's, they will not show any sports on them, instead, they will show b horror movies. We watched Empire of the Ants and Tentacles while there

I've always thought that would work for a bar. Crazy old B movies playing in the background as opposed to sports. Something different from the same old same old

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum