Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are most of our nerds fat?

+19
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Tripper McGee
BlueMaxx
(._Y_.)
Ska
FroZen
alucardbarnivous
Gojiratoho
potatojoe
Mnemosis
Joshua
shining knight
superdoug
elijahdprophet
rwe1138
Silent K
Esbat
Administrator
gangsternerd
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:31 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

I feel bad but when I am at a Comic Con it smells like ass and sweat.
Most of my closer friends are not that fat. Shit,I'm the fattest ass around them.
But I work my ass of at them gym 5 days a week to feel good and know I am taking care of my body.

Do most Nerdy guys not care about health?
Or living a long life?
Do any really want to look thin to improve their confidence?

Like shit as a kid I wanted to be a super hero,why the fuck I try not looking like one?

But most guys at the comic shop or in general are so unhealthy and pretty obese.
My cousin is my roommate and a big guy.He loves all the junk I love (except lame WOW and ANIME. I am very social and hang out with a lot of people multiple times a week, but he never goes. He rather sit on his ass and PLay WOW.
I do not know is if my crowds I hang with don't look like the kinda crowd he would normally be with but, we all love him.

I try so hard to make him go to the gym,not to just get him out of the house but to keep his big loving heart healthy and shed some lbs. But he never wants to go.
And other big nerdy guys I know never want to go and say "fuck it,I'm Fat" and accept it. This is fine but seems very lazy.
It is not just about your appearance, it keeping your body in shape so us cool nerd can love are geeky things long as we can.

So what gives?
I understanding knowing your fat

2Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:55 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:03 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In short: apathy, laziness, depression, low self esteem, bad diet, lack of exercise, glandular or other genetic biological issues... ya know the same reason non nerds are fat.

Honestly my chub is a direct result of a car accident injury, plus depression, and very little activity.

After the accident I was very in active and ended up at 300 lbs when before I was a chubby 210. I met a girl online and in an effort clean up I exercised and dieted and hit 230. Unfotunately things did not work out. Now I'm 250.

http://realityfugitives.com/

4Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:05 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

My name's K-Nice, and I like food.

5Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Because food is love?

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

6Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:19 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

A lot of nerds have desk jobs. I know I put on like 20 lbs when I started working in a cubical. Finally working on getting rid of it.

7Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:49 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Because it's hard to overcome self-consciousness, particularly when it's been installed with the cruel vindictiveness of other elementary school children. That shit sticks with you forever.

I am not fat, but I was freakishly tall for most of my schooling, so I have the same sort of lack of confidence. It's just not worn on my ass. Wink

Laughing

8Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:30 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am the next level of doug I was fat and tall

9Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:02 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nerds don't become fat, fat people become nerds. Nerds, generally speaking, place their hobbies and obsessions above things like physical appearance, hygiene, and health. That's why often times they have bad hair, bad teeth, and wear shirts with painted wolves and dragons on them. It's all about priorities. Eli also raises a good point; most nerdy people don't play football for a living or become firefighters, they sit behind desks. I probably gained a good forty pounds when I finished school and went from fast-paced retail to sitting behind a desk. It wasn't until my dad had a heart attack that I started to actively change that.

Nerdy hobbies (reading, video games, tabletop gaming) don't lend themselves to physical activity. Unless nerds go out of their way, they're probably not getting much exercise.

10Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:03 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

joshua just described me pretty well and also why I got the stomach surgery

11Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:06 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gangsternerd wrote:
I understanding knowing your fat
I think this is the next "WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS".

Seriously dude, I don't care what kind of shape you're in, just try to be coherent at least once.

12Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:35 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I agree with everything said here after the first post, especially Joshua's last one. My personal experience?

I was raised by parents who were forty when they had me and moved to a new town where they didn't know anyone, on a dead end road where there were no kids. I didn't have a lot of opportunities to make friends at a young age, and my parents, while loving and attentive, weren't the kind to take me outside and play catch or whatever. As a result, I got into toys and cartoons moreso than a lot of other kids.

When I went to school, other kids were already in cliques because they'd grown up together, so I was odd man out a lot. I had a few friends, but it wasn't the same. As time progressed, I came to resent the popular kids, and assume they were all jerks and assholes. As a result, I didn't want to have anything to do with them, and the schism grew. I'd never gotten into sports at an early age, so I wasn't good at them, and now I certainly wasn't going to try, because all of "those jerks" would end up making fun of me. And, sure, there were a FEW jerks, but most of the kids probably would've been cool about it.

Eventually, I grew up, became more social, and took an active interest in my physical health to the point I watch what I eat (to some extent) and exercise (a little). I'm still not big into sports because I enver developed that affinity or those skills, but I like to walks, I do some (very) modest lifting, and I just in general try to take care of myself. But that's only been over the past... five?... years. It would've been very easy for me to never turn that corner and just let myself become more antisocial and more out of shape.

Now, I also know the comforting power of food. I've had to become VERY conscious of focusing on proteins over starches. Once I did, however, I've found it a lot easier to STAY on this "menu." When I eat shit, I feel crappy. It's too bad, but kind of great at the same time.

Bottom line?

It's just a cookie, fatty. It's not love.
The hole's here ::points to heart:: not here ::points to mouth::

13Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:48 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:I've had to become VERY conscious of focusing on proteins over starches.
That's where I come in (pun intended). Why are most of our nerds fat? Naughty

14Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I really need a proofreader...

15Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Joshua wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:I've had to become VERY conscious of focusing on proteins over starches.
That's where I come in (pun intended). Why are most of our nerds fat? Naughty

P.S. - Your dick tastes like shit.

16Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
P.S. - Your dick tastes like shit.
That's because Knize doesn't wipe properly.

17Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:12 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All right...that's enough, now. Smile

18Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:All right...that's enough, now. Smile
Do we need to swing it back the other direction?

So, I was balls-deep in this chick last night...

19Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:16 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Every thread turns into a butt lovin' orgy.

20Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:17 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Every thread turns into a butt lovin' orgy.

And, oddly, none of it initiated by me!

Kinsey would have a field day with this bunch.

21Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:21 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
potatojoe wrote:Every thread turns into a butt lovin' orgy.

And, oddly, none of it initiated by me!

Kinsey would have a field day with this bunch.

Laughing

22Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why are most of our nerds fat? Kinsey%202

Why are most of our nerds fat? Neeson

23Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:49 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I never realized that the dude from Mountain Goats totally stole Kinsey's hair cut.

24Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Gojiratoho wrote:
Why are most of our nerds fat? Neeson

This picture amuses me to no end.

25Why are most of our nerds fat? Empty Re: Why are most of our nerds fat? Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nerds were the precursor to the future; I think I read in twenty years if the trends in obesity continue, 98% of everyone in the US will be fat. I blame the internet and video games.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum